TG4 All Ireland Gold

Started by Mourne Rover, April 26, 2007, 10:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Rover

There's a bit of bad news about the TG4 All Irleland Gold series which has attracted the attention of older board members on Wednesday nights, as it seems to have come to the end of its run. Instead, from next Wednesday, we're getting Aussie Rules in the same slot. There an almost unlimited amount of material in the RTE vaults going back around 40 years, especially if provincial finals and semis are included, and it makes great viewing. If everyone emails TG4 via the feedback section on its website <www.tg4.ie> they might have a re-think. In addition, they could even bring it back at an earlier time than 11.45pm. 

AbbeySider

If you follow this link
http://www.tg4.ie/Bearla/Corp/tea.htm

You can get the names and contact information of people in TG4

I have emailed a few of them, it would be a shame to see it go

Jinxy

Its not just older members that watch All ireland Gold. I love it. The best nights viewing I had in ages was the Meath-Kildare '97 replay they showed a couple of weeks ago. I quite enjoy the aussie rules but FFS don't get rid of a quality programme to make space for it. What happened to showing the aussie rules on saturday night? Keep all ireland gold where it is, but show more games from the nineties!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AbbeySider

I got an email back from TG4

Subject:  RE: All Ireland Gold
Date:  Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:05:22 +0100
----------------------------------------------------------------
You can  be assured that the series will return.

Micheál Ó Meallaigh

;D

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

O'Rourke is out with a viral infection lads. Big loss. Still think we can do it.

passedit

Don't Panic

Orior

Its all over. Down beat Meath again :)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Louth Exile

Didn't they get away with some hits on McCartan and Linden early on. No messin with the likes of Harnan or Foley, you're a danger man, now you can get me elbow in your jaw or a clothesline, whichever you want!! Doorty

I kept flicking into it during the first half of the rugby because it was that poor
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Jinxy

We were a different team when the man with the knee bandage came on. A win would have been the perfect end to an unbelievable season. Damn you Down......... damn you to hell!

Mourne Rover

I could talk about that game all night, but my favourite stat is that, to the best of my recollection, four right-sided Down forwards scored with their left foot. Man of the match, beyond doubt, was the Down fan with two flags on the roof of the Nally Stand. I'm not going to name him, but he is a son of Mourne.

An Laoch

Just caught the last 20 mins of this last night - was great viewing. Looked like a Meath comeback was on the cards with the non stop wides at one end and Flynn rattling over point upon point at the other.

Great to see the series back.

Jinxy

Flynn the TV pundit would annoy you to the extent that you'd almost forget what an unbelievably lethal corner forward he was in his day. I think he lived in O'Rourkes shadow a bit plaudits wise at the time, but by God he was some man to take a score.

seanaglis

Down lads, can there ever be a worse display than Brendan McKernans in that Final? How did he stay on the field, did he have photos of Pete McGrath or something? Every time Flynn got the ball and ran at him he just fell on his hole. Why was Paul Higgins not moved onto Flynn?

deiseach

I honestly believe that was the most important GAA match in my lifetime. Up until then, Ulster and Connacht teams were cannon fodder for the Leinster and Munster champs. When Down put Kerry and Meath away, anything seemed possible. And just about everything has come to pass since. Tremendous