GP's & Hospitals - What is going on

Started by Hereiam, April 23, 2024, 12:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: RedHand88 on Today at 11:16:35 AM
Quote from: Tones on Today at 10:46:06 AMFirstly it would be valuable to put a phone queue system in place to say you have reached such and such surgery you are now 15 in the queue, it would help a lot of folk especially older folk and give you some semblance of getting somewhere instead of redialling 100 times only to be told there is no appointment.  I would save some appointments each morning for very vulnerable people who ring in after the 8.30 deadline so they can be seen the next morning, it would be great if a doctor rang back instead of a receptionist to say go to A&E instead they are so protected it's impossible to get speaking to them.

Alot of surgeries have this already, but it depends on the number of phone lines coming in to the building. Digital lines are able to cover as many as you want pretty much and will be the norm in 5 years or so.

It also doesn't improve your chances of getting an appointment. There will still be the same amount of people dealt with in a day.

at my doctors if you dont get an appointment in the morning you can ring back and get it recorded that you tried. If this happens 3 days in a row you get a call from the doctor on day 4. I think its a fair system

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tonto1888 on Today at 11:42:10 AM
Quote from: Tones on Today at 10:46:06 AMFirstly it would be valuable to put a phone queue system in place to say you have reached such and such surgery you are now 15 in the queue, it would help a lot of folk especially older folk and give you some semblance of getting somewhere instead of redialling 100 times only to be told there is no appointment.  I would save some appointments each morning for very vulnerable people who ring in after the 8.30 deadline so they can be seen the next morning, it would be great if a doctor rang back instead of a receptionist to say go to A&E instead they are so protected it's impossible to get speaking to them.

Alot of surgeries have this already, but it depends on the number of phone lines coming in to the building. Digital lines are able to cover as many as you want pretty much and will be the norm in 5 years or so.

It also doesn't improve your chances of getting an appointment. There will still be the same amount of people dealt with in a day.

at my doctors if you dont get an appointment in the morning you can ring back and get it recorded that you tried. If this happens 3 days in a row you get a call from the doctor on day 4. I think its a fair system

Worked in a surgery in Newtownabbey, few years back now, they had the worst system ever, the first 50 that turned up got seen, but had to wait, if you were in line (outside)and were number 51 you had to come back the next day! wind rain snow and sun they queued, all ages too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tones

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 11:26:42 AM
Quote from: Tones on Today at 11:13:21 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 11:06:51 AM
Quote from: Tones on Today at 11:02:49 AMA man who openly abuses a broken system to skip the queue tries to be a smart arse, you couldn't make it up.

Says the man that makes up illnesses to get seen and wonders why the system is broken, also thinks the doctors sit about all day doing nowt.

Your a very angry lad. You'll end up with stress

I changed symptoms didn't mention chest pain, unfortunately don't gym with my surgery's receptionist so couldn't skip the queue with a quick text and block some other poor unfortunate out.

You're a liar, and not a very good one

"I had similar issue about a year later and made up symptoms to see a GP as if I had of mentioned chest pain they wouldn't have seen me, how ridiculous is that"

Then went on to say
"My issue included chest pain which was present for over 6 weeks, this I explained to the receptionist who rang me  back and said go to A&E"

So did you mention chest pain or not?

A man who openly abuses the system isn't taking being called out too well, ill be very clear I rang mentioned chest pain told to go to A&E, when I rang a year later I give the symptoms without mentioning chest pain and when I saw the doctor then mentioned oh and I have chest pain to - that clear enough for you.  You don't have to do anything wee text to your gym buddy to skip the queue and to hell with anyone else.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tones on Today at 11:46:28 AM
Quote from: Tones on Today at 11:02:49 AMA man who openly abuses a broken system to skip the queue tries to be a smart arse, you couldn't make it up.

Says the man that makes up illnesses to get seen and wonders why the system is broken, also thinks the doctors sit about all day doing nowt.

I changed symptoms didn't mention chest pain, unfortunately don't gym with my surgery's receptionist so couldn't skip the queue with a quick text and block some other poor unfortunate out.

"I had similar issue about a year later and made up symptoms to see a GP as if I had of mentioned chest pain they wouldn't have seen me, how ridiculous is that"

Then went on to say
"My issue included chest pain which was present for over 6 weeks, this I explained to the receptionist who rang me  back and said go to A&E"

A man who openly abuses the system isn't taking being called out too well, ill be very clear I rang mentioned chest pain told to go to A&E, when I rang a year later I give the symptoms without mentioning chest pain and when I saw the doctor then mentioned oh and I have chest pain to - that clear enough for you.  You don't have to do anything wee text to your gym buddy to skip the queue and to hell with anyone else.

Clear as mud

Your full of shit, caught out and still going on about he gym! I'm here all day for the craic lad, any more spoofs?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tones

That is a step in the right direction.

Tones

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 11:48:28 AM

Then went on to say

Clear as mud

Your full of shit, caught out and still going on about he gym! I'm here all day for the craic lad, any more spoofs?

Caught out!! You obviously can't read just send texts what is it - R U able to get me an appointment 2day, fit me is around 2?

Tones

Explain how I was caught out or dry your eyes kid.

Tones

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 23, 2024, 02:47:53 PMMy surgery is like that also, 200 calls, and still no appointments, but they are seeing people its not like they are sitting playing Candy crush all day

I'm lucky enough that the girl that's on reception went to the same gym and I'll send her a text and get sorted  ;)

Not what ya know and all that

Just so we are all clear on the contempt you have for those struggling to get appointments. Ill keep posting this the wink says it all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tones on Today at 11:49:55 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 11:48:28 AM

Then went on to say

Clear as mud

Caught out!! You obviously can't read just send texts what is it - R U able to get me an appointment 2day, fit me is around 2?

Openly makes things up at the surgery, you need to stop smoking, that will sort your chest pain out. That diagnoses is free

Tones

You are smoking something, good luck to you, you obviously are a complete halfwit.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tones on Today at 11:54:44 AMYou are smoking something, good luck to you, you obviously are a complete halfwit.

Hmmm

Halfwit, rich coming from someone who doesn't have a clue what then GP's are doing then goes on complaining about them, by your own words, not having a clue what they do.

Tones

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 12:00:19 PM
Quote from: Tones on Today at 11:54:44 AMYou are smoking something, good luck to you, you obviously are a complete halfwit.

Hmmm

Halfwit, rich coming from someone who doesn't have a clue what then GP's are doing then goes on complaining about them, by your own words, not having a clue what they do.

Try English - you aren't texting your gym buddy for an appointment here.

Applesisapples

Same with mine

tonto1888

Quote from: Applesisapples on Today at 12:24:47 PM

Same with mine

is yours in Lurgan by any chance haha