Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LooseCannon

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Quote from: LooseCannon on September 10, 2019, 07:15:19 PM
Connolly named to start.

According to that leaked program team I presume? Would be a bit of bizzare one change to make
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Ball Hopper

Just a misunderstanding is all.

What Jim actually said was to "put the small lad at wing-back".

Expect John Small at 7.

tonto1888

Quote from: LooseCannon on September 10, 2019, 07:15:19 PM
Connolly named to start.

That leaked pic didn't look real. The letters were different sizes

Ball Hopper

bucko

Big factor for me will be if Dublin can get Fenton into the game in a big way. I didn't imagine he would be as anonymous as he was in the drawn game. It would seem that Kerry and Jack Barry have his number based on their last few meetings. If Fenton can get more involved, winning possession and getting on the ball more than the last day it'd be a big swing towards Dublin imo.

Hound

Quote from: bucko on September 12, 2019, 12:47:16 AM
Big factor for me will be if Dublin can get Fenton into the game in a big way. I didn't imagine he would be as anonymous as he was in the drawn game. It would seem that Kerry and Jack Barry have his number based on their last few meetings. If Fenton can get more involved, winning possession and getting on the ball more than the last day it'd be a big swing towards Dublin imo.
Fenton seemed to be on Barry sometimes and on Moran at others. My memory of the league final a couple of years ago is that Barry just did a man-marking job on Fenton, stuck to him and pretty much ignored what was going on. That definitely wasn't the case last week. Fenton played a much more conservative role than usual, hardly any of his runs with the ball, or even supporting runs without it. Moran and Barry both also seemed to get the better of him in high ball duels.

There was talk leading up to the final that Fenton was ill and doubtful.

Now, at least 80% of the "talk leading up to the final" is pure nonsense, so whether it's true or a handy excuse, I don't know.
Given he lasted the full 70m, you would be inclined to think he was fine (although Dubs have a real lack of depth at midfield, so maybe a 50% Fenton was better than gambling on O'Cofaigh Byrne off the bench).

There's a lot of speculation that Macauley will lose out for the replay, with McCarthy going in there and bringing in Murchan or O'Sullivan (although talk is Cian is not fit) to half back. MikeD is definitely one who can make an impact off the bench, but I fear it may allow Kerry dominate the early aerial exchanges in midfield.

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

clarshack

blanketattack