Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

The Giant's milk story is the best/funniest thing I think I've ever heard nearly spat my tea out listening to it hilarious!!

trailer

Jesus but it's like the night before Christmas only there a greater anticipation of death.

omagh_gael

Tormond has had some great lines already. However, my favourite was when he arrived back at Winterfell and asked Jon is the big woman still here. The look on his face was priceless.

TabClear

Pretty slow burner so far but looks like the carnage is bound to start this week. I have a feeling that  the people that were shown preparing for battle during Podric's song (Grey Worm, Davos etc) could be on borrowed time.

A lot of rumours online that Dany's comment in the trailers that "The dead are already here" could be a key twist!

lurganblue

Talk that the next episode will be the longest of the series.  It is supposed to be one of the longest battle scenes ever, being compared to the Helm's Deep battle in Lord of the Rings.  It's really anyone's guess who will survive.

nrico2006

What is the plan for this season? Will the white walkers be sorted half way through with the remaining episodes focusing on getting the throne and sorting Cersei?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

trailer

Cersei is getting a right bit of sorting all the same. The guy from the Iron islands gave her one and hasn't Jamie put a live round in her. At this rate Tyrion is probably due to mount her before seasons end. She's a dirty ole bitch.
Hats of to the writers and directors. Pile of riding in it to be fair.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on April 25, 2019, 11:41:18 AM
Cersei is getting a right bit of sorting all the same. The guy from the Iron islands gave her one and hasn't Jamie put a live round in her. At this rate Tyrion is probably due to mount her before seasons end. She's a dirty ole bitch.
Hats of to the writers and directors. Pile of riding in it to be fair.

Bron is the mainman in that regard it seems.

TabClear

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 25, 2019, 11:29:15 AM
What is the plan for this season? Will the white walkers be sorted half way through with the remaining episodes focusing on getting the throne and sorting Cersei?

I dont think so. I think the Night King will be around right to the final scenes and will have a big say in who ends up on the throne (if anyone). Thats one thing about GoT, it is not your normal "the good guys get there in the end" show.

trailer

Quote from: TabClear on April 25, 2019, 12:00:48 PM

I dont think so. I think the Night King will be around right to the final scenes and will have a big say in who ends up on the throne (if anyone). Thats one thing about GoT, it is not your normal "the good guys get there in the end" show.

They fought the dead before. That was discovered in the last series in paintings etc and I assume that is why the wall was built and the Nights watch put insitu. To keep the dead at bay. So I doubt the Night king will be killed. Defeated perhaps. It'll then be a race to King's Landing.
But hey, who f**king knows, the Night King might defeat them all, shoot down to King's Landing, empty the bag into Cersei and they could live happily ever after in a semi long night foreverness. It's that fucked up.

thewobbler

I'd be surprised if the walkers aren't wiped out in full by episode 4.

If there's morals anywhere in the story it's that a) human cultures are absolutely horrible b**tards to each other, unless they encounter something that forces them to work together, and b) human cultures will continue to do the same horrible things to each other on an endless loop.

My inkling is that destruction of the walkers will lead to a happy (enough) unification of the Targaryens and Starks, which will steamroll over the Lannisters, and whereby Jon and Dani rule from Kings Landing and Sansa holds the Warden of the North. In effect, pretty much back to where we were at the start; a largely peaceful and functional Westeros.

But a lack of useful progeny (which is what should happen when the king and queen are aunt and nephew) will see various claims to the throne unearthed 20 years down the line, and a Lannister revolution - likely led by Cersei's new offspring or maybe a b**tard of Tyrion - will kick the whole thing off again properly.

Quick summary - the night king and the dead are a control mechanism by the gods, to ensure that humans work together every once in a while.

screenexile

Just saw a video of references to the crypt and how 'safe' it will be down there . . . bound to be a bloodbath!!!!

Will the Whitewalkers resurrect Ned Stark?? Is that possible?

trailer

Quote from: screenexile on April 25, 2019, 12:41:16 PM
Just saw a video of references to the crypt and how 'safe' it will be down there . . . bound to be a bloodbath!!!!

Will the Whitewalkers resurrect Ned Stark?? Is that possible?

They happened to have giant chains to pull a dragon out of the depth of the sea and turn it into a white walker dragon. Bringing Ned Stark back would probably be a walk in the park.

Billys Boots

Quote from: thewobbler on April 25, 2019, 12:36:35 PM

I'd be surprised if the walkers aren't wiped out in full by episode 4.

If there's morals anywhere in the story it's that a) human cultures are absolutely horrible b**tards to each other, unless they encounter something that forces them to work together, and b) human cultures will continue to do the same horrible things to each other on an endless loop.

My inkling is that destruction of the walkers will lead to a happy (enough) unification of the Targaryens and Starks, which will steamroll over the Lannisters, and whereby Jon and Dani rule from Kings Landing and Sansa holds the Warden of the North. In effect, pretty much back to where we were at the start; a largely peaceful and functional Westeros.

But a lack of useful progeny (which is what should happen when the king and queen are aunt and nephew) will see various claims to the throne unearthed 20 years down the line, and a Lannister revolution - likely led by Cersei's new offspring or maybe a b**tard of Tyrion - will kick the whole thing off again properly.

Quick summary - the night king and the dead are a control mechanism by the gods, to ensure that humans work together every once in a while.

I agree.  I think there will be an ending emphasising the cyclical nature of the 'game'.  Order will be restored, the wall will be rebuilt, the black watch will be reconstituted, and it will all begin again.  I can see the final 10 minutes in the last episode being a look forward 200 years and the whole cycle starting again. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

markl121

It will begin again with another incestuous couple on the throne in danerys and jon. Bran will be bran the builder and build it all again and sansa will be the stark in winterfell. Hoping for a white walker victory though.