NY Refund 702
Fed Owed 4312

MA Refund 746
NY Refund 433
Fed-no Refund and I didn't owe anything

Federal Tax rate went from 24% in 2017 to 20.5 in 2018

Did not pay AMT in 2018

All in all.....very happy

""whitey"" Is in the ""high earner bracket"" it would seem ;)  Would the last name be  ""Bulger""

J70

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on April 13, 2019, 10:34:42 PM
Pretty much the opposite of my experience.  Taxes way up for me.

Me too.

omochain

I guess Dumpty and the Turtle know who doesn't vote for them.

Eamonnca1

Puckoon

Quote from: J70 on April 14, 2019, 12:50:04 PM

Me too.

My personal tax refund went up about 25%, and I probably average an extra $150 a month net pay.

I am sure it is at some cost to the collective somewhere - but I have to admit that from a purely selfish back pocket perspective the last tax reform put more money in my household.

Muck Savage

Quote from: Puckoon on April 17, 2019, 04:31:01 PM

Me too.

My personal tax refund went up about 25%, and I probably average an extra $150 a month net pay.

I am sure it is at some cost to the collective somewhere - but I have to admit that from a purely selfish back pocket perspective the last tax reform put more money in my household.

I got a really bad hammering this year. Most folks here are in the same boat but its not surprising given the way the changes are set up to hit people in cities around CA.

Eamonnca1

My wife and I filed jointly for the first time this year. Our joint refund wasn't much bigger than each of the individual refunds we got last year.

Puckoon

Quote from: Muck Savage on April 17, 2019, 08:36:59 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on April 17, 2019, 04:31:01 PM

Me too.

I got a really bad hammering this year. Most folks here are in the same boat but its not surprising given the way the changes are set up to hit people in cities around CA.

Yes, we are lucky living in Nevada with our lack of state (and many other) taxes.

They do tax the shit out of our weed though.

screenexile

"While the investigation highlighted numerous links between individuals with ties to the Russian Government and individuals associated with the Trump campaign... the evidence was not sufficient to warrant criminal charges."

It's a good job nobody can agree on a definition of 'collusion' because the above statement sounds pretty close!!!

Eamonnca1

"In May 2017, then Attorney General Jeff Sessions told Trump that Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein had just appointed Mueller as special counsel. Trump slumped back in his chair, according to notes from Jody Hunt, Sessions's chief of staff. "Oh my God, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I'm fucked," Trump said. Trump further laid into Sessions for his recusal, saying Sessions had let him down.

"Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency," Trump said, according to Hunt's notes. "It takes years and years and I won't be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me."

The next morning, Trump tweeted, "This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!"

Gmac

Quote from: screenexile on April 18, 2019, 04:27:09 PM
"While the investigation highlighted numerous links between individuals with ties to the Russian Government and individuals associated with the Trump campaign... the evidence was not sufficient to warrant criminal charges."

It's a good job nobody can agree on a definition of 'collusion' because the above statement sounds pretty close!!!
yourself and Eamonn keep grasping watching too much Rachel Maddow lads

seafoid

"How could you let this happen, Jeff."

Replaces

"Unbelievable,Jeff"
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Denn Forever

The Democrats should play the ball rather than the man.   They don't have enough experience .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...