Derry Hurling

Started by Fear Bun Na Sceilpe, September 18, 2010, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur_Friend

Oraisteach

Fantastic.  Thank you, Arthur.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Any word on Derry hurling scene for 2011.
Will Lavey win another senior c'ship this year?
Any new players on county squad?

Poc me

Any one heard anything about the squad for the Derry Senior Hurling Panel??

hope their is a big effort this year to try and restore some pride. The county board should be doin g their best to try and bring Derry back above Armagh (we were beaten by Armagh in Senior, u-21 and minor last year).

fer fox ache

No reaction from any of ye ash-wielders to the appointment of our new hurling manager?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: fer fox ache on January 19, 2011, 10:16:11 AM
No reaction from any of ye ash-wielders to the appointment of our new hurling manager?
who...?

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

fer fox ache

whiskeysteve

no its definitely martin
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Poc me

Just seen on website that Ger ROgan has been appointed manager. Should be a positive appointment. I think we should thank James O;Kane and his team for putting their best efforts into the set up. The problem now is getting the best 30 hurlers in the county onto the panel. Some lads just don't want to play for their county. That isn't taking away from the lads their at the minute. Many of them deserve to be there and want to be there.

Would be grea to see full commitment from players and the county board backing Ger with whatever he wants to do. Parity with the footballers is all that is asked in terms of resources. Without that from your county board why would anyone be encouraged to represent their county?

Squareball71

Quote from: Poc me on January 19, 2011, 01:57:58 PM
Just seen on website that Ger ROgan has been appointed manager. Should be a positive appointment. I think we should thank James O;Kane and his team for putting their best efforts into the set up. The problem now is getting the best 30 hurlers in the county onto the panel. Some lads just don't want to play for their county. That isn't taking away from the lads their at the minute. Many of them deserve to be there and want to be there.

Would be grea to see full commitment from players and the county board backing Ger with whatever he wants to do. Parity with the footballers is all that is asked in terms of resources. Without that from your county board why would anyone be encouraged to represent their county?

The problem is getting 30 players of any standard for the panel and no amount of work from managers, CB will sort this problem. What resources are you thinking of if the players and clubs aren't gonna buy into it  ??? ???

HiMucker

Im a football man but its obvious to see from the club hurling fixtures for championship and league that Hurling is treated with contempt, just my opinion, so I can see why hurlers would be a bit pissed off with CB

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Squareball71 on January 19, 2011, 03:01:31 PM

The problem is getting 30 players of any standard for the panel and no amount of work from managers, CB will sort this problem. What resources are you thinking of if the players and clubs aren't gonna buy into it  ??? ???
are you sayin we just dont have good enough hurlers
or
just that the hurlers we have couldnt be arsed ?

lynchbhoy

Is that the same guy that was in charge of Slaughtneil when they got the the Senior hurling final in 2009 that lost to KL's after a replay ?
If so, he is a good manager as he had them playing well and set up superbly that year and KL's needed all their exp and luck to win that !
Cant see the CB wanting to put too much behind the hurling as football is the foremost game in the county, but pro rata finances should def be given and 100% support.
if the fixtures are showing a certain 'contempt' as HiMucker is alluding to - then this is not a great start.

Squareball71

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 19, 2011, 04:00:12 PM
Quote from: Squareball71 on January 19, 2011, 03:01:31 PM

are you sayin we just dont have good enough hurlers
or
just that the hurlers we have couldnt be arsed ?

I heard there was training recently with only single figure numbers turning up for it. Very sad state of affairs. We have fallen very badly in only 10 years and i don't know if anyone can turn it around. The CB i'm sure will give it full backing as they have a hurling man in Mickey McCracken to push it and with him as Chairman of CCC i wouldn't imagine the hurling fixtures pushed to a corner.