Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Started by Ogie, March 04, 2016, 09:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goku

Ross King wouldnt be a bad choice over the course of the championship. Usually the Player of the year comes from the county champions and if Picking a B/K man id nearly go with there Goalie Eoin Fleming. Cant remember him having a bad day this year!! Great win for them Sunday. Hopefully the put in a good performance against the Dublin Champs

LOVEGAA

In fairness if player picked from BK team it will have to be based on the 2 games played in the final as they had been brutal up to that. You would imagine if thats the way it goes PJ Scully would be in with a shout based on his free taking

Unlaoised

Roddy King without doubt the best player in the championship
LAOIS ABÚ

finbar o tool

Great win last week for BK, RE can have no complaints. They got a scrappy goal with 15mins to go, other than that they might have been bet by 10! BK defended a lot better and RE defence had no answers.
I see Cuala won in Dublin by 3, tough task for BK but doable if they stay performing the way they have been the last 2 games. Their U21s won by 20 odd points today too so they are on a high.
The player of the year award will go to BK, right or wrong, as they are champs, and i would agree with Goku, i would like to see Fleming get it. Goalkeepers don't always get the recognition but he has been BKs most consistent player all year, and got better as the year went on, he had a fantastic game last Sunday.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Ballyroan Abbey

Should be brought into county panel especially if reilly is gone anyway, probably less error prone than him or rowland

CruiseCigar

enjoyed the final replay on 23rd October 2016, congratulations to Borris-Kilcotton

below is a link to a blog with some  pictures of the replay at O'Moore Park

http://laoishurlingfinalreplay2016.blogspot.co.uk/

Laoise abú

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

clonadmad

Change of manager for the County Senior Hurling Champions in 2017

Hogan gone back to Tipp

ClashAsh

Is there much news or change on he club management scene for next year?

Ballyroan Abbey

Heard slieve bloom have no real interest in going with ballinakill, would prefer castletown and ballinakill are looking at ratheniska now

clonadmad

Ballinakill are looking at Ratheniska at adult level?

Maybe its juvenile level they are considering an approach.

Ballyroan Abbey

At juvenile at certain ages and as a gales team for adult too, i know that spink and ratheniska were together at u16 and u21 last year, so considering that spink/ballinakill is essentially the same arrangement as ballyroan abbey/abbeyleix its not a major shock

clonadmad

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on November 24, 2016, 07:37:03 PM
At juvenile at certain ages and as a gales team for adult too, i know that spink and ratheniska were together at u16 and u21 last year, so considering that spink/ballinakill is essentially the same arrangement as ballyroan abbey/abbeyleix its not a major shock

I spoke to someone well connected in Ballinakill last night and there has been no approach to Ratheniska with regards to a Gaels team.

BallyroanAbbey

got told otherwise by a player, i know that the juvenile option is real, i heard too that timahoe werent putting in a hurling team and that the players were either going to clonad or ballypickas, possibly as an amalgamation with the latter, and wherever they went they were all going together

clonadmad

One of the Ratheniska teams at underage has amalgamated with Ballinakill,that's what I was told by the official last night,There has been no official contact from Ballinakill to Ratheniska at Senior level regarding a gaels team.