The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omochain

Whitey: Did you read that article before you posted it? As usual your attempts at "false equivalency" are shallow and badly referenced.

whitey

Quote from: omochain on March 27, 2018, 05:33:58 PM
Whitey: Did you read that article before you posted it? As usual your attempts at "false equivalency" are shallow and badly referenced.

I live in a constituency that was Gerrymandered for Barney Frank so I have first hand experience of Democrats doing it

I read most of the article-yes

Democrats need someone or something to blame for their losses other  than the fact they have lost working class voters.

omochain

You are correct losing a lot of working class support has cost the Democrats many elections, particularly at the State level. However calling out gerrymandering for what it is; is hardly a blame substitute. You got to step beyond your life's experiences and the "bad influence" of Barney Frank and back up your false equivalencies with some well researched national data.

J70

It boggles my mind how the US generally allows partisan legislators to oversee districting.

Arnie and the state of California have shown the way to go, as had the PA Supreme Court. It has to be taken out of the hands of corrupt political hacks, whatever their leaning.

seafoid

Jerrymandering, voter suppression and stuffing the Supreme Court with suitable judges are all tools of the GOP. I forgot budget rigidity until elected.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

The Democrats have been pulling every trick In The book for years.....they don't like it when the tide is turned on them

Case in point

(1) Let's make our state a sanctuary state

(2) Illegals will flock here

(3) We will get an extra congressman

(4) We will get more electoral college votes

(5) We will get more Federal Funding

How many additional seats have democrats gotten by pulling this stunt?

Biggest fvckin political scam ever invented.....

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on March 27, 2018, 07:10:52 PM

I give up. Tell me. How many seats have they gained? (We'll overlook the fact that net migration from Mexico is a negative number for now.)

heganboy

Technically zero is not a number.

Delusion is however a medical condition
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Aughafad

Zero is a number and always has been

Eamonnca1

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 27, 2018, 07:38:01 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 27, 2018, 07:10:52 PM

I give up. Tell me. How many seats have they gained? (We'll overlook the fact that net migration from Mexico is a negative number for now.)

Didn't you know that's what it is all about?

The ten year census and national congressional representation.

Nothing whatsoever to do with the local everyday business of trying to engage with and get cooperation from fearful immigrant communities. ::)

One wonders does he even believe the shite he writes himself?

whitey

Number of Electoral college votes based on the number of congressmen in a state

Number of congressmen based on population (both legal and illegal)

Democrats establish sanctuary cities and states in a cynical attempt to attract additional (illegal)  population (on top of what they already have). Due to birthright citizenship the children of the illegals are automatically citizens.

If Republicans pulled something similar, you'd all be out with the burning pitchforks

J70

Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2018, 01:07:03 AM
Number of Electoral college votes based on the number of congressmen in a state

Number of congressmen based on population (both legal and illegal)

Democrats establish sanctuary cities and states in a cynical attempt to attract additional (illegal)  population (on top of what they already have). Due to birthright citizenship the children of the illegals are automatically citizens.

If Republicans pulled something similar, you'd all be out with the burning pitchforks

Another fact-free contribution. Democrats are betting the house on what will happen in a generation? While alienating the white working class (as you are always reminding us), which is killing them right now?

Sanctuary city policies (for the most part) are moral and compassionate and defensible on their own merits. They don't need some supposed cynical long term political bet to rationalize them.

J70

How does this Pew data line up with Whitey's "hypothesis"? Two of the top three states by raw numbers of undocumented residents voted for Trump.  three of top seven by proportion did too.

And which came first? Did sanctuary cities come into being to attract illegals to pad the Democratic constituency a generation hence? Or were they policies that arose in response to problems with law enforcement and social problems involving illegals in the large cities to which illegals gravitated for opportunity?

http://www.pewhispanic.org/interactives/unauthorized-immigrants/

By raw numbers:

1. California
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. New York
5. New Jersey
6. Illinois
7. Georgia
8. Arizona

By percentage of population that are undocumented:

1. Nevada