FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: dec on July 22, 2019, 07:28:30 PM
The U19 team has made it to the semi finals of the European Championship

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0721/1064411-mohan-full-of-pride-for-irish-u-19-semi-finalists/

next up Portugal, Spain and France in the other semi.
Our captain and top striker both got extremely soft yellow cards in the last couple of minutes from a balloon of a ref, that rules them both out of the semi (2 yellow card rule). Doesn't do a lot for our chances!

Main Street

There's a good interview with legendary Irish soccer player Gerry Armstrong on OTB you tube version, modestly titled
"I probably would've got an All-Star"  Gerry Armstrong's remarkable GAA background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbZ-J4FotFw

Gerry also reminisces about that time an all-ireland selection played Brazil and stated that most all the leading NI internationals (incl Danny Blanchflower), would have  been au fait with a UI team.

general

Quote from: Main Street on August 02, 2019, 12:52:02 AM
There's a good interview with legendary Irish soccer player Gerry Armstrong on OTB you tube version, modestly titled
"I probably would've got an All-Star"  Gerry Armstrong's remarkable GAA background.

Gerry also reminisces about that time an all-ireland selection played Brazil and stated that most all the leading NI internationals (incl Danny Blanchflower), would have  been au fait with a UI team.

Did some work with the IFA a number of years ago around the topic of healthy eating within local clubs - Big Gerry was an ambassador of it and an absolute gent. Originally from west belfast and has much gaa history. was more than happy to stand for photos with one of my clubs jerseys on.

marty34

Quote from: general on August 02, 2019, 09:23:56 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 02, 2019, 12:52:02 AM

Did some work with the IFA a number of years ago around the topic of healthy eating within local clubs - Big Gerry was an ambassador of it and an absolute gent. Originally from west belfast and has much gaa history. was more than happy to stand for photos with one of my clubs jerseys on.

Does he not do a lot of work in Spain as a football pundit nowadays?

general

He used to do the sky sports la liga commentary yes - this was actually done from a studio in london rather than spain itself.

clarshack

just got an email saying my ticket application was partially successful.
had applied for the 3 group games in Dublin but successful for only one of them - the game on the 19th June.

bogball88

Quote from: clarshack on August 06, 2019, 02:29:21 PM
had applied for the 3 group games in Dublin but successful for only one of them - the game on the 19th June.
Applied for the 3 Dublin games and 1 in Bilbao. All unsuccessful

mouview

Quote from: general on August 02, 2019, 12:38:07 PM
He used to do the sky sports la liga commentary yes - this was actually done from a studio in london rather than spain itself.

Galway footballer Sean Armstrong lost his father quite recently to illness. Was told around the time of the funeral that the deceased and Gerry Armstrong were related.

macdanger2

Quote from: clarshack on August 06, 2019, 02:29:21 PM

All unsuccessful here  :-\

lurganblue

Unsuccessful with tickets myself but the brother in law got an email offer for the 19th so happy days!

laoislad

Our Roy stooping to new levels of low with comments about Jon Walters at some show last night.
Having a go at a man who was brave enough to talk about his family difficulties is a bad move especially in this day of age when men are being encouraged to talk about their mental health. Slag him about having no medals or whatever but you don't bring family into it, every bit as bad as what that Rangers fella said to Scott Brown imo.
What a cnut.

Anyway, anyone heading into the game later?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

yellowcard

The comments on Walters were in very poor taste but what was even worse was the audience lapping it all up. Keane still acts like he is the hard kid down the back of the school bus who calls the shots.

BennyCake

Quote from: yellowcard on September 05, 2019, 03:42:57 PM
The comments on Walters were in very poor taste but what was even worse was the audience lapping it all up. Keane still acts like he is the hard kid down the back of the school bus who calls the shots.

Any links to that?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: BennyCake on September 05, 2019, 06:19:38 PM

Any links to that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJysMDzt6rQ

BennyCake

Quote from: Ball Hopper on September 05, 2019, 06:39:40 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 05, 2019, 06:19:38 PM

Any links to that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJysMDzt6rQ

Not defending Keane but maybe because he's lost his own father lately, and not crying on TV about it, that's what he was getting at about Walters. Still, no need to bring in his personal circumstances into the discussion.