Laois County Football Leagues all chat in here

Started by Unlaoised, February 18, 2016, 11:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saint75

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 21, 2016, 08:29:33 AM
Is this the standard reply when you don't like what's been said.  The U17 grade is been brought in to alleviate the demands on young players as is the rise of age for adult players.  Minor & U16 are on their way out thats national policy the night it was argued in Portlaoise about 3 clubs including Ballyroan were in favor of this been brought in.  It's a tough first year but after that it will be fine.  The county board accommodated the clubs by having a minor championship. Because no matter what you think the U18 is on the way out and that eases fixture congestion as well as the burden on younger players.

I'm only talking about asking minors to play 24hrs after playing All Ireland quarter final.

BallyroanAbbey

I know that the league is off topic considering the championship season has begun but does portlaoise 2nd team go up to 1b after winning division 2 or are they required to stay in a lower division than their seniors?

SCFC

I don't know but 1B is lower than 1A and I'd say they'll be going up. Guesswork only.

steven seagal

The problem would be, under the current structure of the league, Portlaoise's teams could end up playing each other in the semi-finals, so it's a good point BallyroanAbbey, there would be a case to be made for not promoting them.

I'm sure our county board have considered all of these permutations and are well on top of this matter, just like in 2014 with the senior championship...

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: steven seagal on July 30, 2016, 09:32:50 AM
The problem would be, under the current structure of the league, Portlaoise's teams could end up playing each other in the semi-finals, so it's a good point BallyroanAbbey, there would be a case to be made for not promoting them.

I'm sure our county board have considered all of these permutations and are well on top of this matter, just like in 2014 with the senior championship...

Now now  >:(

St Vincents or Brigids played two teams in the Dublin SFC a few years ago. The Dublin CB weren't going to let them up, but the club went or threatened to go to court. They played each other in round one the following year and there was war at it. Rows over the jerseys ensued and the B team came out raring. The first team won handy in an U12 scoreline 6-6 to 2-2 or something, but unless the CB has made a rule to block it, Portlaoise will be allowed up.

Keyser Söze

In fairness to LCB, the Rules & Regulations and Byelaws are quite clear and straightforward.
They fucked up with SFC a couple of years ago.
Regarding the recent DRA case, I still don't subscribe to the view that they were guilty of anything. They followed their own rules (as agreed by the clubs) and the rules were found to be "legal" by a Barrister. What more could they do?

Anyways, I can't find a recent copy, but here is a 2012 version.  See Rule 5.

http://sportlomo-userupload.s3.amazonaws.com/uploaded/7069/Laois%20GAA%20-%20Rules%20and%20Regulations%202012.pdf
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on July 15, 2016, 10:34:19 AM
It is time. There are so many old clubs that no longer exist. Do people mourn the loss of Jamestown, Rapla, Boley? It's time to consolidate our clubs, for the good of the overall health of the GAA in Laois.

I can assure you out my way that some people still mourn the loss of Jamestown!!  :)
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore