Laois County Football Leagues all chat in here

Started by Unlaoised, February 18, 2016, 11:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Quote from: Uisce on February 24, 2016, 01:53:30 PM
Struggling to get my head around this one? Ballyfin are only going to play practice matches between now and the first championship game? This is only going to end up in one place!

I'm afraid So!!!!
LAOIS ABÚ

Dave like the tv channel

Struggling to get my head around this one? Ballyfin are only going to play practice matches between now and the first championship game? This is only going to end up in one place!

It's different anyway.

The Monument Road

Simple as....give more then one walkover and you get relegated to the lower division.....great for the other clubs though.....playing football  for survival and only one gets  relegated

Keyser Söze

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Laoischat

This is confirmed, had a players meeting last weekend and had a full debate, got everyone behind the idea.

From what I have heard they have 12 games arranged, between now and championship time, home and away fixtures.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Laoischat on March 03, 2016, 08:39:05 AM
This is confirmed, had a players meeting last weekend and had a full debate, got everyone behind the idea.

From what I have heard they have 12 games arranged, between now and championship time, home and away fixtures.

Its strange to say the least...Will lads put the same effort in these games I'm not so sure!What distances do they have to travel for them?
LAOIS ABÚ

Helix

Anybody heard County championship draws tonight. Laois Gaa twitter surprisingly not putting draws up.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Spillane

Killeen vs Port
The Heath vs Portlaoise
Clonaslee vs Stradbally
Emo vs Crettyard Gaels
Killeshin vs Arles Kilcruise
St. Joes vs Ballyfin Gaels
Graigue vs Ballylinan
Ballyroan vs MM
The standout tie for the first round has to be the clash of The Heath vs Portlaoise.Wouldn't be surprised if town were over turned as the Heath will see this as a much bigger game.
Killeen and Port another interesting tie. Be nice to see will a young Port side ever deliver a decent championship run but Kingstons will be too much.
Both Strad and Clonaslee will be happy with this draw. Loser likely to be in relegation.
Emo and Crettyard will be another tight game. Interesting to see if Emo can go again after being 10 mins from a massive shock last year.
Killeshin and Kilcruise should be a tight affair. Go either way.
Ballyfin and Josephs square off again after a mass brawl last year. Can see one of the top 2 reffing this.
Graigue and Ballylinan, can only see a win for Graigue but said that about O'Dempseys and ballylinan last year. ;)
Ballyroan and MM. Evenly matched young teams.

SCFC

Strange. Good luck to them with that approach. In a way they're right, the league can be shite. But a challenge game can be as bad depending on a lot of variables.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: SCFC on March 05, 2016, 10:39:40 AM

Strange. Good luck to them with that approach. In a way they're right, the league can be shite. But a challenge game can be as bad depending on a lot of variables.

Could/Would the county board refuse them permission to play challenge games?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

BallyroanAbu

Simply Ballyfin should not be allowed do this,  okay they get away with this year.  Presumably they are relegated so what happens next year.  If things are that bad for football in Ballyfin then their only option is an amalgamation.  The Rock, Kilcavan would benefit from an amalgamation even if it's only to go senior.  The county board cannot simply sanction their practice games while allowing them to be relegated another division in the league.  I would be very much in favor of a reduced championship with a more competitive intermediate championship.  I for one would not be afraid of more amalgamation the Crettyard/Spink idea while not geographically correct is a step in the right direction. 

SCFC

I see Rosenallis had a big win over The Heath in Div 2. Started very early this year and played in a tournament down in Kerry. They'll surely give the junior a good shot this year?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

ACFL Div 1 1A

Result
10/03/2016  19:30
Graiguecullen  3-11
Arles/Killeen  0-6

Fixtures:
12/03/2016
17:00 Portlaoise v Arles Kilcruise   

13/03/2016
12:00 Portarlington v The Heath
16:00 St Joseph's v Stradbally 

ACFL Div 1 1B
12/03/2016
17:00 Killeshin v Ballyroan Abbey
17:00 Timahoe v Mountmellick

13/03/2016
12:00 Ballylinan v O'Dempseys
12:00 Crettyard  v  Emo 
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The Monument Road

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on March 12, 2016, 12:14:56 AM
ACFL Div 1 1A

Result
10/03/2016  19:30
Graiguecullen  3-11
Arles/Killeen  0-6
I hear this match was a bit on the rough side ....4 straight reds......2 each.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Didn't hear that Monument, who got the red's??
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!