Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 27, 2022, 10:20:11 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 27, 2022, 07:30:36 PM
WJ blames the Protocol for inflation. This is bollocks.
Boils my blood that idiots who couldn't spell protocol are harping on about it when realistically they haven't the faintest idea what it means.

Would say with absolute certainty that if the DUP had won the election or if they win this one then there will be a rebranding of the current protocol with nothing materially changing in it- except then they could go in to Stormont as top dogs.

I agree on this. Economic experts coming out now who can barely count to ten. Idiots.

Yep the DUP will rebrand this and I am very concerned that they will get in as top dogs here. They are a bunch of bitter , bigoted, vitriolic ***** and at the current rate of going people will end up dead with all their rhetoric. How they square how they behave with being religious I'll never know. There are some terrible people in that party.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 28, 2022, 11:47:32 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 27, 2022, 10:20:11 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 27, 2022, 07:30:36 PM
WJ blames the Protocol for inflation. This is bollocks.
Boils my blood that idiots who couldn't spell protocol are harping on about it when realistically they haven't the faintest idea what it means.

Would say with absolute certainty that if the DUP had won the election or if they win this one then there will be a rebranding of the current protocol with nothing materially changing in it- except then they could go in to Stormont as top dogs.

I agree on this. Economic experts coming out now who can barely count to ten. Idiots.

Yep the DUP will rebrand this and I am very concerned that they will get in as top dogs here. They are a bunch of bitter , bigoted, vitriolic ***** and at the current rate of going people will end up dead with all their rhetoric. How they square how they behave with being religious I'll never know. There are some terrible people in that party.
All the parties need to pose the question to voters- what is more important, getting back to work trying to help  sorting the cost of living crisis/healthcare etc etc or the protocol? Needs to be really hammered home and rammed down the DUP's neck every chance they get.

markl121

DUP likely to become biggest again as they'll make electoral pacts and all the usual rubbish. The Union trumps all even if it means you're poor, cold and hungry. Their electorate all buy into this shite. Can't see how giving them the choice of actual real matters v the protocol will actually do anything.

imtommygunn

I am not sure if the UUP would make a pact with them. The TUV would though. The one seat wonder definitely would.

seafoid

This is about the Tories but also applies to the DUP

https://encompass-europe.com/comment/after-truss-there-is-no-way-back-for-the-conservatives

For a sizable segment of the Conservative party sovereigntist ideology and personal rancour have long displaced rationalism.

Wildweasel74

Good job Sunak not a Muslim, Ole Peter Robinson wouldn't know how to deal with him, outside of maybe letting him go to the shop.

Orior

I've just woken up from being asleep since 2016.

Did the UK just introduce trade barriers to its largest market (i.e. Europe) so that they can do bespoke trade deals with the likes of Mongolia? WTF?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnnycool

Quote from: Orior on November 09, 2022, 11:52:57 AM

Did the UK just introduce trade barriers to its largest market (i.e. Europe) so that they can do bespoke trade deals with the likes of Mongolia? WTF?

They did, but ultimately it was motivated by avoiding the EU's new financial regulations on off-shore banking and shell companies.

The UK's media moguls didn't like the sound of that so put the blame on the EU for all and sundry.

Franko

Quote from: johnnycool on November 09, 2022, 12:06:38 PM
Quote from: Orior on November 09, 2022, 11:52:57 AM

They did, but ultimately it was motivated by avoiding the EU's new financial regulations on off-shore banking and shell companies.

The UK's media moguls didn't like the sound of that so put the blame on the EU for all and sundry.

In a nutshell

The big money men employed a few useful idiots who were pre-disposed to this as cheerleaders (Farage/Boris/ERG wing of the tories)

The BNP types bought into it cos of brown people

The DUP bought in cos of taigs

And ultimately left the rest of us in the shit trying to sort it out

seafoid

Brexit has goosed the UK economy. It has weakened sterling because it exacerbates inflation so when funds look at where to invest they look at real rates (nominal minus inflation) and under this metric the UK looks worse so they don't invest. And the UK has a huge Current Account Deficit meaning it spends a lot on the credit card. Brexit makes everything worse.

LeoMc

Quote from: Rossfan on December 15, 2022, 01:08:38 PM
https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dups-edwin-poots-took-unlawful-politically-motivated-decision-to-halt-irish-sea-border-checks-high-court-rules-42221427.html
On the advice of Jamie Bryson....
I really do think Allister is using him as a ventriloquist dummy, letting him put forward the arguments he would be too embarrassed to stand over.

Hereiam

I think it goes higher up than that.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM