Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on February 28, 2018, 02:22:02 PM
Guys i think you are all living in a bubble here - The DUP/Tories will never agree to what Barnier is saying; Leo is already talking about alternative solutions; Lets see what the next few weeks bring I believe there will be an alternate solution where the Irish govt bends over backwards -  i hope not - but you just cant negotiate with the DUP - their way or no way

Theresa has already said no.

Anyway, they have no real say. This is now the default solution. Up to the British Government to come up with a better alternative that Ireland and the other 26 EU countries are happy with, or this is it.

As for the DUP, they shut the door on themselves in December.
Testing Accessibility

yellowcard

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on February 28, 2018, 02:22:02 PM
Guys i think you are all living in a bubble here - The DUP/Tories will never agree to what Barnier is saying; Leo is already talking about alternative solutions; Lets see what the next few weeks bring I believe there will be an alternate solution where the Irish govt bends over backwards -  i hope not - but you just cant negotiate with the DUP - their way or no way

The DUP are nothing but a pebble in the shoe of the UK/EU when it comes to Brexit negotiations. The Tories might not agree with the EU but if you think that it is because of pressure from the DUP then I think you are way overstating their influence. May faces far more internal strife from those within her own party to concern her rather than from 10 'Irish' MPs who they would willingly shaft at the drop of a hat. If the Tories do not sign up to the proposed deal then what is the alternative for the UK, no deal. That would be a catastrophe for the UK so she is also caught between a rock and a hard place.   

seafoid

The DUP are going apeshit but the EU want to move things on and the UK is paralysed because the Tory Party is split down the middle.
And the Irish border has to be agreed. It is comedy gold.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/catastrophic-dup-verdict-on-eu-vision-for-island-of-ireland-snp-slams-bumbling-boris-36653796.html

Taylor

DUPers have shafted themselves and have no one else to blame.

At this stage they are going to have to take what they are given and will have no influence over it.

May is screwed as well. Only a matter of time before Jeremy takes the reins.........and then Arlene and the lads are really up shit street

yellowcard

Quote from: seafoid on February 28, 2018, 02:47:05 PM
The DUP are going apeshit but the EU want to move things on and the UK is paralysed because the Tory Party is split down the middle.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/catastrophic-dup-verdict-on-eu-vision-for-island-of-ireland-snp-slams-bumbling-boris-36653796.html

Foster says it will be ' economically catastrophic'. That is complete hogwash, it has the potential to economically transform the north with a foothold into both markets and the potential to attract inward foreign investment.

I think what she really means is constitutionally catastrophic.

Taylor

Quote from: yellowcard on February 28, 2018, 03:09:56 PM

Foster says it will be ' economically catastrophic'. That is complete hogwash, it has the potential to economically transform the north with a foothold into both markets and the potential to attract inward foreign investment.

Soundbites so she can pander to her neanderthal masses.

As long as she keeps that pretence up publicly and kicks up a big stick when it happens she is covering her own back

seafoid

There was an article about the NI economy compared to the RoI economy a few days ago. NI is a complete shambles economically BECAUSE it is part of the UK and the UK does not give a shit about the regions.
The politics are a long way behind the economic reality.
The EU should have delivered the new offer in Irish just for a laugh.

AQMP

And it's not even constitutionally catastrophic...

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: AQMP on February 28, 2018, 03:25:52 PM

And it's not even constitutionally catastrophic...

If you hate crocodiles it ain't good in fairness.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

mouview

I can't make my mind up whom is worse, May or Darlene.

May is inept and incompetent but, I think, well-meaning and trying to do the best she can with the cards dealt her.
Darlene is simply an idiot but is working hard at being even dumber than man (woman) has ever gone before.
Is Kate Hoey a viable compromise candidate?
Little help...

Avondhu star

Quote from: mouview on February 28, 2018, 03:32:01 PM

May is inept and incompetent but, I think, well-meaning and trying to do the best she can with the cards dealt her.
Darlene is simply an idiot but is working hard at being even dumber than man (woman) has ever gone before.
Little help...
She dealt theatres herself by calling a General Election
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

AQMP

The main problem here for the Brits is that the EU knows exactly what it wants from a deal whereas your average swivel-eyed Brexit loon hasn't a baldy notion.

north_antrim_hound

Little help...

May was handed three Grenades and two pins and told to start juggling so a bit of empathy for sure.
Snarline was subjected to a bomb trauma and relatives shot during the troubles robbing her of a balanced perspective but I still think she's just plain bad.
Kate Hoey does not depend on the duppers for majority so yes a big step forward.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

seafoid

Little help...
May called that election she lost.
In French they say le temps perdu ne se ratrappe pas. You never catch up with time wasted. .

Arlene is totally out of her depth. If someone told her the UK was going down the toilet she would commit NI to the toilet.

ziggysego

John Major on having a frictionless Irish border & the GFA - "We need a policy, urgently, to protect the GFA & we need one without delay. And it is our British responsibility to find one. We created the problem, not the European Union. We need to offer a solution".
Testing Accessibility