Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: yellowcard on June 30, 2016, 03:41:35 PM
Quote from: No wides on June 30, 2016, 03:03:57 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 30, 2016, 03:00:19 PM
Quote from: mouview on June 30, 2016, 02:41:19 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 30, 2016, 02:18:05 PM
It looks like the cards have fallen perfectly for Theresa May. Gove standing instead of Johnson has eased her passage through to be the next PM. 

Talk of a second vote is a nonsense and won't happen. The ramifications of a second vote would be far too dangerous in terms of the potential for a rise in hate crime etc. Another campaign would be far too dangerous with the potential for more division. What they need at the minute is stability and a clear plan, not more chaos of the sort that the last week has brought.

Which would be more dangerous? Going through with a decision, the proponents of which had no idea they were going to win and no plan what to do when they did. A decision largely arrived at through an older / working class protest vote and an absent younger voter turnout, one which may split the UK irrevocably and propagate a financial winter on what's left of the nation.

Is the alternative of holding a second referendum, one which should deliver a more accurate ballot and considered verdict more perilous? A second vote could hardly cause more chaos where we've already seen 2 political parties riven apart, a tanking of the value in sterling which will lead to a ready-made nearly-immediate recession and a probable egress of investment and planned-now-postponed expansion.

Lets just wait and see, if there is a second referendum I'll eat my hat.

We bow to your political in depth knowledge.

Quote from: yellowcard on June 21, 2016, 11:09:54 AM
I think the death of the MP Jo Cox will have had a significant enough impact to affect the vote. Remain will probably win fairly comfortably now by about 60-40.

Haha, good lad, it's great to see that you have had the requisite time to dig through my post history, you really have very little to be doing going around trying to pick arguments on a message board in this manner. I suppose you predicted a Brexit too.

i think hes just pointing out that you are clueless

No wides

It looks like the cards have fallen perfectly for Theresa May. Gove standing instead of Johnson has eased her passage through to be the next PM. 

Talk of a second vote is a nonsense and won't happen. The ramifications of a second vote would be far too dangerous in terms of the potential for a rise in hate crime etc. Another campaign would be far too dangerous with the potential for more division. What they need at the minute is stability and a clear plan, not more chaos of the sort that the last week has brought.

Which would be more dangerous? Going through with a decision, the proponents of which had no idea they were going to win and no plan what to do when they did. A decision largely arrived at through an older / working class protest vote and an absent younger voter turnout, one which may split the UK irrevocably and propagate a financial winter on what's left of the nation.

Is the alternative of holding a second referendum, one which should deliver a more accurate ballot and considered verdict more perilous? A second vote could hardly cause more chaos where we've already seen 2 political parties riven apart, a tanking of the value in sterling which will lead to a ready-made nearly-immediate recession and a probable egress of investment and planned-now-postponed expansion.

I think the death of the MP Jo Cox will have had a significant enough impact to affect the vote. Remain will probably win fairly comfortably now by about 60-40.

Haha, good lad, it's great to see that you have had the requisite time to dig through my post history, you really have very little to be doing going around trying to pick arguments on a message board in this manner. I suppose you predicted a Brexit too.

Quote from: No wides on June 21, 2016, 09:24:34 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 21, 2016, 08:31:59 AM
Not a hope Leave will win, unfortunately.

You underestimate the ahem "working" class Brit.  Pure racism will get the leave over the line, the polls are a load of shite we see that time and time again.

;) and as Mikhail says - you are clueless.

yellowcard

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on June 30, 2016, 03:52:12 PM

i think hes just pointing out that you are clueless

Haha jumping in to fight someone else's battles for them now!! I'm sure he can stick up for himself. Thanks for the compliment all the same, I take it you predicted a Brexit as well. I never heard too many people predicting this result before last Friday morning. A serious case of aftertiming if ever there was one.

yellowcard

Quote from: No wides on June 30, 2016, 04:02:28 PM

You underestimate the ahem "working" class Brit.  Pure racism will get the leave over the line, the polls are a load of shite we see that time and time again.

Well done, take a bow.

No wides

Quote from: yellowcard on June 30, 2016, 04:05:19 PM

Well done, take a bow.

That's as good as you get - make sure you get a nice edible hat kid.   ;)

foxcommander

Quote from: No wides on June 30, 2016, 02:44:55 PM
Quote from: Canalman on June 30, 2016, 02:37:28 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 30, 2016, 02:19:58 PM
Boris shít the togs when the big job beckoned! Surely that's him done as a serious politician, no?

Would say he totted up the figures of support. Withdrew as a result. He will be back. Needs to be have some sort of ministerial record first.

Reckon the new leader will be whoever DC backs.

Still scratching my head as to how the tories self imploded to lose such a good leader.

Cameron cost himself his own job underestimating racist little Engerland.

Just because people voted to have proper controls on who and how many can get into their country doesn't naturally mean they are racist.
It's time to stop that myth. People are scared for their own safety and security of livelihoods.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

No wides

Quote from: foxcommander on June 30, 2016, 04:08:48 PM
Boris shít the togs when the big job beckoned! Surely that's him done as a serious politician, no?

Would say he totted up the figures of support. Withdrew as a result. He will be back. Needs to be have some sort of ministerial record first.

Still scratching my head as to how the tories self imploded to lose such a good leader.

Just because people voted to have proper controls on who and how many can get into their country doesn't naturally mean they are racist.
It's time to stop that myth. People are scared for their own safety and security of livelihoods.

A lot of votes was purely to stop immigration by people who wouldn't do the work immigrants do now, working class little Engerland is racist to the core.

yellowcard

Quote from: No wides on June 30, 2016, 04:08:15 PM

Well done, take a bow.

Again, a hearty congratulations on your succesful Brexit prediction, whatever keeps you happy. Between stalking through my old posts and posting humorous(!) pictures your talent knows no bounds. Take a bow Mr Modesty. 

bennydorano

Not everyone who voted out is a racist but all racists voted out.

It was the most important election / referendum in my lifetime and it was undoubtedly the most illinformed. I had some really embarrassing conversations with people who just don't know how our political system works & who is responsible for what.

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on June 30, 2016, 04:15:18 PM
Not everyone who voted out is a racist but all racists voted out.

It was the most important election / referendum in my lifetime and it was undoubtedly the most illinformed. I had some really embarrassing conversations with people who just don't know how our political system works & who is responsible for what.

Indeed the Leave Campaign took advantage of a lot of I would like to say naivety but in reality a lot of stupidity. Claims like "We want our borders back" "how about we send £350m to the NHS instead" struck a chord with people when they didn't realise that these were pipe dreams that could not be delivered.

I genuinely think that were another referendum held tomorrow it would be 60/40 remain but the Turkeys voted for Christmas and it's too late to change your mind. This is going to drag out for a couple of years now and the economy will stagnate all the while and eventually the UK will have to sign back up to the single market (at a premium) and will have some minor control over their borders all the while the Country will get fucked!!!

People are going around telling immigrants to get the f**k out when the UK haven't even started the process of withdrawal.

foxcommander

Quote from: No wides on June 30, 2016, 04:11:36 PM

A lot of votes was purely to stop immigration by people who wouldn't do the work immigrants do now, working class little Engerland is racist to the core.

Ireland will follow suit in another 20 years. Wait and see.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Bazil Douglas

Some prophets of doom & gloom on this thread, not to mention experts

Minder

Quote from: No wides on June 30, 2016, 04:11:36 PM

Why did UKIP only return one MP after last years General Election then?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

No wides

Quote from: yellowcard on June 30, 2016, 04:14:11 PM
Quote from: No wides on June 30, 2016, 04:08:15 PM

Well done, take a bow.

Again, a hearty congratulations on your succesful Brexit prediction, whatever keeps you happy. Between stalking through my old posts and posting humorous(!) pictures your talent knows no bounds. Take a bow Mr Modesty.

You are enbarassing yourself kid.

Applesisapples

The EU will need to reform. Even though a lot of those who voted out did so for the stupidest of reasons, the EU failed to recognise that many of it's citizens not just in the UK have real issues with its open borders policy and approach to immigration. These issues will continue to get bigger in the 27 if not addressed, and not all of it is racism. Immigration is good and useful but needs to be controlled.