Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoChara

Quote from: NAG1 on June 28, 2016, 12:22:49 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 28, 2016, 12:00:18 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 28, 2016, 11:57:58 AM
Quote from: muppet on June 28, 2016, 11:56:56 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 28, 2016, 11:45:29 AM
Total brexit won't happen. Merkel et al are talking tough for now. The reality is that the UK can not be forced to invoke article 50. What will quite likely happen is negotiations leading to a brexitlite which will be in effect no brexit at all. I voted remain for a number of reasons, most important to me was the Irish border. I have some sympathy with those who fear immigration at current levels and I don't want a European Superstate.

That would be a humiliation for Britain. Can anyone seriously see the Tories going cap in hand to the Germans & French and saying 'we didn't really mean it, can we sleep in the shed'?
No fcukin choice.

It would be seen as way beyond treasonous. They would rather all live in a slurry pit, awarding each other medals for bravery, than go begging to the Germans.

This is yet another case of the top 1%ers using the bottom 10%ers to get their way. An internal Tory schism has now led to this whole sorry debacle. Cameron has to take the blame for the gamble, but Jeremy Corbyn has acted shamefully throughout this and now hasnt even got the good grace to aside and let the labour party get a leader who would make them even electable again.

Jeremy Corbyn is the only hope for Labour being electable, and as far as I can see it's the careerist Blairites that are acting shamefully and using any opportunity to get rid of someone with actual Labour values, the problem with Labour for so long was it was indistinguishable from the Tories and thats what these people seek a return too.

muppet

Quote from: MoChara on June 28, 2016, 01:11:52 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 28, 2016, 12:22:49 PM
Total brexit won't happen. Merkel et al are talking tough for now. The reality is that the UK can not be forced to invoke article 50. What will quite likely happen is negotiations leading to a brexitlite which will be in effect no brexit at all. I voted remain for a number of reasons, most important to me was the Irish border. I have some sympathy with those who fear immigration at current levels and I don't want a European Superstate.

That would be a humiliation for Britain. Can anyone seriously see the Tories going cap in hand to the Germans & French and saying 'we didn't really mean it, can we sleep in the shed'?
No fcukin choice.

It would be seen as way beyond treasonous. They would rather all live in a slurry pit, awarding each other medals for bravery, than go begging to the Germans.

This is yet another case of the top 1%ers using the bottom 10%ers to get their way. An internal Tory schism has now led to this whole sorry debacle. Cameron has to take the blame for the gamble, but Jeremy Corbyn has acted shamefully throughout this and now hasnt even got the good grace to aside and let the labour party get a leader who would make them even electable again.

Jeremy Corbyn is the only hope for Labour being electable, and as far as I can see it's the careerist Blairites that are acting shamefully and using any opportunity to get rid of someone with actual Labour values, the problem with Labour for so long was it was indistinguishable from the Tories and thats what these people seek a return too.

I think we have moved on from believing that any politician has 'values'. They only value themselves and the system that supports them.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

One of the big problems in the UK is the gap between professional politicians and the real world of the voters.  Miliband was the epitome of this. Pro politicians have a big Groupthink problem when there is no growth. The UK is in serious shit with food banks and zero hours contracts alongside a London housing bubble via QE.

Orior

Quote from: seafoid on June 28, 2016, 12:23:49 PM

No fcukin choice.

After Hitler killed himself Goering went to the Americans and offered to lead a transitional government that would fight the Soviets with the Yanks . Power is strange. If the City wants Remain it will happen. The Sun can sell the deal to the plebs with more tits if necessary.

Rule 1.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Minder

Quote from: seafoid on June 28, 2016, 01:25:29 PM
One of the big problems in the UK is the gap between professional politicians and the real world of the voters.  Miliband was the epitome of this. Pro politicians have a big Groupthink problem when there is no growth. The UK is in serious shit with food banks and zero hours contracts alongside a London housing bubble via QE.

This disconnect was seen as a big reason for a lot of Leave voters, I know many will be classed as racist and xenophobic but there where many interviewed who saw it as a chance for a big fcuk you to the political class.

Big problems obviously for Labour as most of the areas in the north and northeast of England that voted overwhelmingly to leave are seen as Labour heartlands.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Quote from: Minder on June 28, 2016, 01:33:41 PM

This disconnect was seen as a big reason for a lot of Leave voters, I know many will be classed as racist and xenophobic but there where many interviewed who saw it as a chance for a big fcuk you to the political class.

Big problems obviously for Labour as most of the areas in the north and northeast of England that voted overwhelmingly to leave are seen as Labour heartlands.

Simply because the Labour vote didnt know which way the party was on the issue was it in or out.

Do you think Tony Blair (using as an example not an endorsement) would have lost this kind of referendum?

armaghniac

Quote from: NAG1 on June 28, 2016, 01:36:43 PM
Simply because the Labour vote didnt know which way the party was on the issue was it in or out.

Jo Cox's constituency voted Leave, Labour have a problem on this issue.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Haven't we been here before in Germany?
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: muppet on June 28, 2016, 01:47:20 PM
Haven't we been here before in Germany?

Well the North-East of Germany voted for Hitler.
It is now part of Russia, with the rest in Poland.

Do they regret? Has the DUP looked at this?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Minder

Do you think Tony Blair (using as an example not an endorsement) would have lost this kind of referendum?

I don't agree, surely they would have voted for the status quo then, and Corbyn was in the Remain camp (for what's it was worth)

People where not voting for a political party (obviously)

muppet

Quote from: Minder on June 28, 2016, 02:01:47 PM

I don't agree, surely they would have voted for the status quo then, and Corbyn was in the Remain camp (for what's it was worth)

That is not very clear. He has been asked how he voted and won't answer.
MWWSI 2017

NAG1

Quote from: muppet on June 28, 2016, 02:09:40 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 28, 2016, 02:01:47 PM

That is not very clear. He has been asked how he voted and won't answer.

He was in the Remain campaign and wouldnt campaign for it, wouldnt give a straight answer when pushed on the reasons to remain. He was totally ambiguous throughout and left on the fence Labour voters wondering what way to go.

Was asked for strategy meetings in the lead up to the vote and gave dates in July as a response.

Minder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36430606

I don't think Corbyns stance on it had any bearing