TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Maybe i should have stuck with it. Got bored and gave up after the 3rd episode i think.

bennydorano

Sharp Objects on Sky Atlantic is very good. Dark.

blewuporstuffed

Anyone watch Atlanta, with donald glover in it?
Short episodes, and an easy enjoyable watch.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

screenexile

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 24, 2018, 10:12:25 AM
Anyone watch Atlanta, with donald glover in it?
Short episodes, and an easy enjoyable watch.

Nearly finished the second series . . . not enjoying it as much as the first it's quite dark and goes to some strange places. The Alligator man episode is probably one of the funniest things I've seen this year though!

lurganblue

4 episodes into the new series of Last Chance U. The new coach is an absolute nut job. The kids are just as crazy as before though.

TabClear

Anybody watch Ballers on HBO? Adult comedy/Drama based around the financial management of  NFL players. Dwayne Johnson (AKA the Rock) is the lead, ex-player turned financial manager who manages high profile nfL clients. Just finished watching the first three series over a couple of weeks and enjoyed it. Its pretty good in parts and some of the scenes around the excesses that NFL players enjoy (Booze/women/cars etc) are really good. If its even half "real to life", some of the dealing that go on in the NFL between players/agents/Authority are mental.

A few West Wing stars like Dule Hill and Richard Schiff,  with guest appearances from the likes of Danny Amendola/Tyrell Suggs/Caroline Wozniaki etc. I suspect it will not win too many writing awards but its easy watching (some seriously high quality WAGs in it as well) and pretty interesting if you are into the "behind the scenes" goings on at professional sports teams.

screenexile

Quote from: TabClear on July 24, 2018, 02:29:57 PM
Anybody watch Ballers on HBO? Adult comedy/Drama based around the financial management of  NFL players. Dwayne Johnson (AKA the Rock) is the lead, ex-player turned financial manager who manages high profile nfL clients. Just finished watching the first three series over a couple of weeks and enjoyed it. Its pretty good in parts and some of the scenes around the excesses that NFL players enjoy (Booze/women/cars etc) are really good. If its even half "real to life", some of the dealing that go on in the NFL between players/agents/Authority are mental.

A few West Wing stars like Dule Hill and Richard Schiff,  with guest appearances from the likes of Danny Amendola/Tyrell Suggs/Caroline Wozniaki etc. I suspect it will not win too many writing awards but its easy watching (some seriously high quality WAGs in it as well) and pretty interesting if you are into the "behind the scenes" goings on at professional sports teams.

It's from the creator of Entgourage and has a very similar feel to it. . . as you've said it's pleasant watching that you don't have to think too much about.

I always enjoy the People's Champion even though he's in some amount of shite stuff!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on July 24, 2018, 05:24:00 PM
Quote from: TabClear on July 24, 2018, 02:29:57 PM

It's from the creator of Entgourage and has a very similar feel to it. . . as you've said it's pleasant watching that you don't have to think too much about.

I always enjoy the People's Champion even though he's in some amount of shite stuff!!
You'll get the People's Elbow if you keep that chat up!

Jeepers Creepers

who do you think you are on Bbc1 last night with Boy George. Going back through his family history to his Grandmothers time in an industrial school in Dublin to his Great uncle being hanged for his role as an Irish Volunteer. Turns out he was one of the forgotten ten repatriated from Mountjoy to Glasnevin alongside Kevin Barry. an intertesting and enjoyable hour of tv if you get the chane to watch again.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 26, 2018, 09:05:08 PM
who do you think you are on Bbc1 last night with Boy George. Going back through his family history to his Grandmothers time in an industrial school in Dublin to his Great uncle being hanged for his role as an Irish Volunteer. Turns out he was one of the forgotten ten repatriated from Mountjoy to Glasnevin alongside Kevin Barry. an intertesting and enjoyable hour of tv if you get the chane to watch again.

Watched it. Thought it was excellent. Noticed his gramdmother was a Kinehan.

ziggy90

Watched it and it was very interesting. Also noticed that despite the Buddhist chanting he forgot himself one time and made the sign of the cross.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

playwiththewind1st

Watched it initially  out of "nothing much else to do" & it ended up very interesting. Have been to Kilmainham before & it's an integral part of our history, obviously . Did a tour of Crumlin Road jail a couple of years ago. They do all of the lead up, but the bit where they take you into the execution place sort of throws you a fair bit.

Denn Forever

The History of Ireland on BBC Four with Fergal Keane.  Monday night at 10pm or anytime for people who can access the BBCplayer.  Amazing how quickly you forget your history lessons from National school.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

blewuporstuffed

Better call Saul back on Netflix.
I must try and catch the first one tonight
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nrico2006

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 07, 2018, 12:31:56 PM
Better call Saul back on Netflix.
I must try and catch the first one tonight

Pretty crap first episode.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'