Premier League 2019/20

Started by Boycey, June 10, 2019, 01:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: Boycey on October 05, 2019, 07:57:59 PM
How many clubs are in crisis with managers position in doubt?

United - Obviously
Spurs
Everton
Newcastle
Watford
Norwich - maybe
Southampton
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

BennyCake

United to beat Norwich 10-0 on Sunday and claim back the highest PL win. You heard it here first. And last.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Square Ball on October 25, 2019, 10:12:41 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 05, 2019, 07:57:59 PM
How many clubs are in crisis with managers position in doubt?

United - Obviously
Spurs
Everton
Newcastle
Watford
Norwich - maybe
Southampton

Arsenal

BennyCake

Players going mad celebrating, then VAR disallows the goal. Man, they look stupid when that happens.

Main Street

I thought the VAR sanctioned  decision to award the penalty to Liverpool was way out of order. The theory was that Mane got his foot ahead of the Spurs defender  therefore  he had priority right before he recieved a whack on his leg. But after reviewing all the angles, it was clear that Mane tripped or was was attemping to trip the Spurs defender in his attempt to get his foot into the mix. It should have been a free out. How on earth  it can be a penalty when the defender is in the process of striking the ball and the attecking player sticks his foot in and trips him up, defies justice and the laws.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on October 28, 2019, 12:06:42 AM
I thought the VAR sanctioned  decision to award the penalty to Liverpool was way out of order. The theory was that Mane got his foot ahead of the Spurs defender  therefore  he had priority right before he recieved a whack on his leg. But after reviewing all the angles, it was clear that Mane tripped or was was attemping to trip the Spurs defender in his attempt to get his foot into the mix. It should have been a free out. How on earth  it can be a penalty when the defender is in the process of striking the ball and the attecking player sticks his foot in and trips him up, defies justice and the laws.

Apparently nothing wrong with the penalty.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Main Street on October 28, 2019, 12:06:42 AM

I think, as the rules stand, this is definitely a penalty (because technically the defender kicked the attacker's leg), however, this is one of those cases that make you wonder about the rule.  Mane cleverly won the penalty by deliberately sticking his leg between the defender's kicking foot and the ball.   Reminds me of basketball: if you establish position before the opponent, and there is contact, you win the free, regardless of context.   

Also reminds me of a very different penalty award in a WC game some years ago between Italy and Australia.  Aussie defender had his leg out after a sliding tackle, Italian attacker saw the leg remaining outstretched and ran into it without attempting to avoid it.  Clear penalty by the rules, but more a case of a smart attacker taking advantage rather than a defender actually fouling.

Link

Mane gets his foot between defender and ball. Before he can take a touch he is kicked on the calf. Mane does not initiate the contact so how you can say he tried to trip him?

Clumsy by Aurier and a stone wall pen.

J70

Didn't Spurs get the exact same penalty two seasons ago when Kane moved in front of Van Dijk as he was in the process of kicking the ball? It was in injury time after Salah's wonder goal put Liverpool 2-1 up.

These days, it's a penalty. Intentions don't come into it.

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on October 28, 2019, 09:52:53 AM
Didn't Spurs get the exact same penalty two seasons ago when Kane moved in front of Van Dijk as he was in the process of kicking the ball? It was in injury time after Salah's wonder goal put Liverpool 2-1 up.

These days, it's a penalty. Intentions don't come into it.

It was Lamela

Main Street

Liverpool biased opinions have little or no objective value.

Live and in the first replay it looks a typical penalty, smart agressive attacking play but on the further replays 3 and 4, it looks that Mane sticks the legs in and  trips him up. 
I could sense some doubt from Andy Gray on Bein sports  but (unusually) he wasn't sure of his ground.
From 4.45mins onwards
http://livetv223.me/enx/showvideo/762637_liverpool_tottenham/

imtommygunn

Not quite premier league but Michael O'neill leaving ni. Big news. Hard to see them getting as capable a manager again.

rodney trotter

Risky enough move,. They are bottom of the Championship. Financially a good move, doubles his wages from what he was on with NI. He's staying as Northern Ireland manager for final 2 Qualifiers.

Chris Coleman went from  being a good International manager to being Relegated to League 1 with Sunderland. Though it was maybe more down to Bale that he had success.

under the bar

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 07, 2019, 10:04:11 PM
Risky enough move. Financially a good move, doubles his wages from what he was on with NI. He's staying as Northern Ireland manager for final 2 Qualifiers.

Chris Coleman went from  being a good International manager to being Relegated to League 1 with Sunderland. Though it was maybe more down to Bale that he had success.

Can't really see t that much risk in doubling your wages on a 4 year contract?

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.