Jamie Clarke,the GAA's answer to Stephen Ireland?

Started by T Fearon, January 05, 2016, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Only he doesn't use the granny rule.Seriously his decision to once again globetrot after Crossmaglen's Championship season ends shows he has little faith in the County team's ability and even less loyalty.I only hope that he is not shipped home and parachuted in if the County team exceeds his expectations this summer

omaghjoe

Sure he has consistently proved that he is not up to county standard, his actions are a self acceptance of the fact that he doesnt have it at that level.

The question should be why the rest of you Buckies cant accept it?

BennyCake

I think it's a case of there's more to life than running your balls off 7 nights a week, for a handful of games. The amount of training and commitment needed nowadays for even club football, is so ridiculous, young fellas are leaving in their droves.

Good luck to Jamie. He's a young lad wanting to see the world and enjoy new experiences. Football is only a game.

snoopdog

My god what bullshit. Jamie is one of the best footballers in the country. It's the intercounty demands on players that is the issue here. Jamie could be playing to st patrick day with rangers then thrown into Armagh team until early summer  then straight back into club championship. These lads need to live a little also. 

redzone

Was a top forward 2/3 yrs ago. Wouldn't make the current Tyrone team. Not the starting 15 anyway. Fair play to him I say.

thewobbler

It's perhaps the biggest flaw in Gaelic Football as a game, that an average player who is in great shape, is usually a better option than a great player who is in average shape.

In effect it means that average players can set the standards that everyone else has to follow... except the skill levels revert towards the mean.

Jamie is his own man, and good luck to him. If more players follow his lead then someone somewhere might actually listen.

stew

Quote from: redzone on January 05, 2016, 10:02:23 PM
Was a top forward 2/3 yrs ago. Wouldn't make the current Tyrone team. Not the starting 15 anyway. Fair play to him I say.

Yawn, poor attempt at trolling, he would start on any team in the country.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

imtommygunn

playing in the position is a torture in modern gaa and is worse the smaller and more talented you are. In county games it would be him against about 4 defenders then there are defenders like mcmenamin, mcmahon, mcgee etc you encounter these days who would just torture him. He would walk on any team if he committed but seems more committed to enjoying his life which is perfectly reasonable.

T Fearon

I doubt if it was the Armagh squad of 2002 he would be gallivanting to the States.The County team should be the priority for a top player in what is a relatively short career.I pity the likes of Ronan Clarke who had no say in when their County career stopped and started.As I say,should he get tired of travelling if and when Armagh are playing in August this year,he is not parachuted into the squad

omaghjoe

Quote from: stew on January 05, 2016, 10:06:07 PM

Yawn, poor attempt at trolling, he would start on any club team in the country.

I thought we were talking intercounty stew?

redzone

That's just a honest opinion stew. Matty Donnelly, mark Bradley, Sean cavanagh, Darren mccurry,lee Brennan, miles better than him. He can only play left corner forward or else full forward. He's no right foot and lazy as sin. He was a class act on his day but unfortunately that's 2/3 years ago.

Aaron Boone

I'd be surprised if McGeeney doesn't have him back for the big summer matches. Top managers have good powers of persuasion.

yellowcard

You would expect this thread would be started by someone from a rival county, certainly not one of our own. Given the savage level of commitment xpected of players you have to admire his single mindedness for not being a lap dog which is what lot of county players are these days. Whilst I would love to have seen him playing for Armagh this year, I'm not too sure I could blame him for making the decision.

SimonSays

Quote from: redzone on January 05, 2016, 10:18:11 PM

That's just a honest opinion stew. Matty Donnelly, mark Bradley, Sean cavanagh, Darren mccurry,lee Brennan, miles better than him. He can only play left corner forward or else full forward. He's no right foot and lazy as sin. He was a class act on his day but unfortunately that's 2/3 years ago.

Bradley , brennan , your seriously having a laugh , there's one thing trolling but making an eeeijet of yourself is another thing , ask a Dublin player or a Kerry man or a mayo would they like to have one of Jamie clarke , mark Bradley and and I can't even give you the first name of the brennan guy as he has done nothing in senior football ,,,,I know the answer u would get back .

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: SimonSays on January 05, 2016, 11:56:31 PM
Quote from: redzone on January 05, 2016, 10:18:11 PM

Bradley , brennan , your seriously having a laugh , there's one thing trolling but making an eeeijet of yourself is another thing , ask a Dublin player or a Kerry man or a mayo would they like to have one of Jamie clarke , mark Bradley and and I can't even give you the first name of the brennan guy as he has done nothing in senior football ,,,,I know the answer u would get back .

Bottom line is that in his first season of senior football, Mark Bradley has put in a big performance at a higher level than Jamie Clarke has managed in his career.