Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayop

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 19, 2019, 04:51:11 PM
Apparently he's playing really well and is one of their main players now.
Would be amazing if he's come back at some point

Yeah he seems to be flying from the little snippets I get on twitter. Fair play to him though, living the dream over there getting paid to play sport.

Angelo

I fully believe McKenna would be the best player in the country by now if he stuck with it rather than heading to Oz. Can't begrudge him that and hopefully he'll come back and give us something before he is out of his 20s.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

skeog

Peter Canavan not impressed that Ulster Rugby has poached PD.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: skeog on July 19, 2019, 08:38:44 PM

Takes the attention off his cub and his mates acting the bollox in Dungannon. Always an upside.

Don't see the problem personally with Ulster Rugby - Canavan should have more of a go at Donnelly, did he not cause a bit of scene there before season started over a payrise?

Jayop

Why would you have a problem with either party? it's a free labour market. UR are entitled to try to hire someone they see as a good fit for them and PD is entitled to do what he feels is best for his career.

square_ball

Quote from: Jayop on July 19, 2019, 09:38:35 PM
Why would you have a problem with either party? it's a free labour market. UR are entitled to try to hire someone they see as a good fit for them and PD is entitled to do what he feels is best for his career.

Exactly there should be no issues with anyone. Ulster Rugby is bigger and better job.

NotedObserver

Quote from: square_ball on July 19, 2019, 09:48:35 PM
Quote from: Jayop on July 19, 2019, 09:38:35 PM

Exactly there should be no issues with anyone. Ulster Rugby is bigger and better job.

Hes done a great job and a great challenge for someone else to come in and live up to what went before

tyrone08

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 19, 2019, 08:55:58 PM
Quote from: skeog on July 19, 2019, 08:38:44 PM

Takes the attention off his cub and his mates acting the bollox in Dungannon. Always an upside.

Don't see the problem personally with Ulster Rugby - Canavan should have more of a go at Donnelly, did he not cause a bit of scene there before season started over a payrise?

I would assume he's on very good money with the Tyrone set up. Heard someone say last year it was around 50k but not sure if that was true or not.

Wonder how he will fair out at it. You would think it's a completely different set up as the Ulster rugby team are in good physical shape already.

delgany

His new job is in the Ulster Academy , the next level below the senior team !

under the bar

Fair play to Donnelly. If PTG is irked no doubt he'll take it as a compliment!

GlenMan

Ryan Porter as his replacement? Who else?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: delgany on July 19, 2019, 10:52:01 PM

Which is exactly how we know he went to Ulster, not the other way around. The job had been advertised.

delgany

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 19, 2019, 11:18:31 PM
Quote from: delgany on July 19, 2019, 10:52:01 PM

Which is exactly how we know he went to Ulster, not the other way around. The job had been advertised.

I'm sure the job was advertised ...just highlighting that he is working with the up and coming   development players and not the senior  players  as  queried above !

barelegs

How many full time coaching staff members is that Tyrone have lost in the last eight or nine months? By my count 5. Wouldn't exactly be a ringing endorsement for the working environment to have a staff turn over that high.

Add to that the number of Tyrone Academy coaches who stepped away or weren't asked back, Canavan is right- questions need asked.

imtommygunn

I doubt they could match things like salaries and career paths in this kind of field. Ulster academy big opportunity- makes it there then he can go to seniors then possibly very lucrative jobs internationally or across the water.

Tyrone's conditioning is fantastic so he must be very good.