Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

Check the TES website-its free to sign up and theres loads of Q and A on it- bound to be one about PCGE interviews.

Good luck for it.

leenie

yo maggie, checked out that sparklebox page... wud be good stuff for entry level...

didn't realise the creator was a peado-head.... shockin!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

JimStynes

Quote from: leenie on March 02, 2010, 06:33:33 PM
yo maggie, checked out that sparklebox page... wud be good stuff for entry level...

didn't realise the creator was a peado-head.... shockin!

One of the teachers in school was sayin that, shockin stuff. Apparently its a really good website aswell.

JimStynes

Quote from: maggie on March 02, 2010, 06:08:31 PM
Check the TES website-its free to sign up and theres loads of Q and A on it- bound to be one about PCGE interviews.

Good luck for it.
[/quote

Thanks Maggie, im already on that site and have got some good info.

thebigfella

Quote from: JimStynes on March 02, 2010, 04:54:31 PM
Aye Northumbria uni is in Newcastle.

Aye you said you probably won't get into Newcastle. I thought you meant the the University Of Newcastle..... and not Northumbria, as they also offer the PGCE.

Minder

Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 09, 2009, 03:22:40 PM
'Pupil murder bid' teacher held

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8142428.stm

Summer holidays are too short in England, you don't get that over here.

All joking aside, it seems one of the wee lads is in a bad way, wtf  ???

Teacher cleared.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/mobile/england/nottinghamshire/8652243.stm
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

FermGael

TYP i would say it will go whenever we are asked to pay for it ourselves.
It is only a matter of time before it is disbanded.

Can i also take this opportunity to wish my secondary colleagues in the South all the best on there 3 month summer holidays.
It's just a pity we only get the 2 months in the North.
Another benefit of a united Ireland
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Gaffer

Aren t they having elections for it soon?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

john mcgill

TYP I hope Mr Hesketh doesn't lurk here.  Personally I wouldn't miss PMB, CASS and having been overwhelmed with indifference at the Hilton last week, DE and ETI!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Take Your Points on June 05, 2010, 03:42:46 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on June 05, 2010, 02:27:27 PM
Aren t they having elections for it soon?

Currently underway.

I really resent the amount spent on GTCNI and other educational quangos when teachers and other employed in education are losing their jobs.  Too much money is being wasted centrally and not gettting to the chalk face.

Would we miss the RTU?
Schools aren't averse to wasting money either. The practice of employing retired teachers on an expensive daily rate is a scandal that needs addressed to keep newly qualified teachers from walking away. Having said that I would guess the supply of new teachers leaving the Ranch and Stran every year far outstrips the demand so new teachers have noone to blame bit themselves to an extent.

Ulick

I think the DoE sets the quota on the teacher training places not the Colleges.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Ulick on June 05, 2010, 06:00:05 PM
I think the DoE sets the quota on the teacher training places not the Colleges.
Aye I think they cut the quota a couple of years ago. Regardless, if there is no natural wastage due to teachers actually retiring to the golf course then the supply will continue to outstrip demand. I know a fella is qualified 5 years and still hasn't a fulltime permanent post.

eggy bread

For any teachers why are staff training days in schools always during term time and on a Friday?  Surely to God the 4 months odd they are off a year training could be penciled in here, there must be at least 2 / 3 every term.

Gaffer

Quote from: eggy bread on June 05, 2010, 06:41:52 PM
For any teachers why are staff training days in schools always during term time and on a Friday?  Surely to God the 4 months odd they are off a year training could be penciled in here, there must be at least 2 / 3 every term.

Work on your holidays?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

eggy bread

Quote from: Gaffer on June 05, 2010, 06:47:45 PM
Quote from: eggy bread on June 05, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Work on your holidays?

99% of them are full time and get paid to be on holiday