Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardal

Quote from: JimStynes on October 14, 2011, 08:32:49 PM
Any primary teachers know where i could do a course on linguistic phonics?

Just curious, but apart from linguistic phonics, what other types of phonics are there?

ardal

So there's only phonics (linguistic) ???

maggie

Not sure, will ask around on monday and see if anyone knows of any others. But linguistic phonics is being widely implemented in schools now so it would be the best one. Did u check the other education boards websites?

As far as I know, the two types I have used are linguistic phonics and synthetic phonics.

Cold tea

Best note home from school yet!

Friday 28th October is a staff training day so there will be no children in school.  This is also the day Miss xxx xxxxx, Primary # teacher's wedding to Mr xxx xxxxxx.  I am sure staff, parents and pupils would like to wish xxxxx all the best on her wedding day.

I am sure the staff will be having the training day in some hotel.  ;D

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Take Your Points on October 28, 2011, 06:48:14 PM
A week off!

Maybe they should post when they are actually in.

Need to get them in cleaning the yard and painting the school during the students holidays. Need to save the Department of Education some money.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 28, 2011, 06:53:40 PM
A week off!

Need to get them in cleaning the yard and painting the school during the students holidays. Need to save the Department of Education some money.

7th November - 22nd December. 8th December off. Sin é.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

Yes, they visit us on the 28th. Will have to dig out those lesson plans  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

TYP, Do your teachers get to use the same lesson plans every year? The missus is forever doing new lesson plans, creating blogs, moodles and always yaps about having too much to do but no other teachers I know do anywhere near the same amount of work! Is this crap (outside teaching time and marking homeworks) a necessity these days, an expectation or can you get away with doing less? It appears some teachers are!

moysider

A week off!

Really. What about all the money teachers save the state, by 'minding' some of these kids for a few more years, before they are eventually let loose and appear before a court near you?  ;)

Notice how the riots in England's cities stopped once the schools reopened  ;)

Try it sometime and you might find out that there is more to teaching than teaching. 

Gaffer

A week off!

The whole point of holidays is that you DON'T work.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Jonah

Quote from: Gaffer on November 06, 2011, 09:37:06 PM
A week off!

But ye don't work when in school either!

armaghniac

Quotea special word of encouragement to those who might encounter special visitors on their return to school for the remainder of this term.

Bloody mice. I was away from the house for a few days and they moved in too. It's the time of year.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

moysider

Unreal.

As well as that I had a mice visit. A honeymooning couple by the sounds of it. I like mice and they are very playful and entertaining. However their cavorting drove myself and the missus into the spare room in the middle of the night, clutching pillows and duvet (and what was left of my stalk!). The other two were duly caught and relocated for re-education the following day. I find they can t resist a lightly fried Carr's white pudding.

Gaffer

Quote from: Jonah on November 06, 2011, 09:47:56 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on November 06, 2011, 09:37:06 PM
A week off!

But ye don't work when in school either!

Eh? What do I do then?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"