Eighth Amendment poll

Started by Farrandeelin, May 01, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you in favour of repealing the 8th amendment?

Yes
47 (21.8%)
Yes but have no vote
73 (33.8%)
No
40 (18.5%)
No but have no vote
36 (16.7%)
Undecided
20 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 216

Voting closed: May 24, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

armaghniac

Thousands of people travel to Las Vegas to gamble, that is not necessarily a justification for introducing similar gambling in Ireland. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on May 13, 2018, 09:29:06 PM
Thousands of people travel to Las Vegas to gamble, that is not necessarily a justification for introducing similar gambling in Ireland.

You do realise how scummy these comparisons are, right? Are you just trying to offend at this stage?

longballin

wtf!  :o

armaghniac

Quote from: Syferus on May 13, 2018, 09:59:36 PM

You do realise how scummy these comparisons are, right? Are you just trying to offend at this stage?

I am making the point that laws do not have to be the same as in other places.  If you feel my comparison is not valid then you can argue your case, you obviously feel you cannot when you resort to abuse.

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on May 13, 2018, 10:21:39 PM

I am making the point that laws do not have to be the same as in other places.  If you feel my comparison is not valid then you can argue your case, you obviously feel you cannot when you resort to abuse.

+1

Syferus

You're not making any point whatsoever.

armaghniac

Quote from: Syferus on May 13, 2018, 10:25:27 PM

Why respond to me, then?

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on May 13, 2018, 11:42:24 PM

Why respond to me, then?

Because what you posted compared healthcare with gambling or driving a fast car. Stop digging the hole you created for yourself deeper - you said something that is entirely indefensible.

whitey

Quote from: Syferus on May 13, 2018, 11:53:09 PM

Why respond to me, then?

Because what you posted compared healthcare with gambling or driving a fast car. Stop digging the hole you created for yourself deeper - you said something that is entirely indefensible.

WTF are you ranting about.....hes right.....just because something is legal in another country, doesnt mean it should automatically be legal in Ireland. 

Following your logic 14 year olds should be able to get married, regular joe soaps should be allowed to own automatic weapons, prostitution should be legal, euthenasia should be legal ...etc, etc.

sid waddell

You get the feeling a lot of posters here would like this state to be like a real life version of The Handmaid's Tale.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Syferus on May 13, 2018, 06:35:18 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 13, 2018, 02:05:10 PM
This is a good example of the bollix logic associated with this matter. There are things you can do abroad that you cannot do here, it is not the business of government to restrict people with fast cars from driving them to Germany to do 200kmh on the autobahn.
The whole point of independence is that you can have different laws than other places, yet you have the SF  advocating that laws be cannot be different than England.

You literally compared basic healthcare to driving a fast car. Wooooow.
You compared basic healthcare to abortion. Wooooow.
Basic healthcare, having an ingrown toenail removed, getting the wax in your ears removed, having a 10 inch long baby with all its organs fully formed hoovered out.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: whitey on May 14, 2018, 01:24:16 AM

Why respond to me, then?

WTF are you ranting about.....hes right.....just because something is legal in another country, doesnt mean it should automatically be legal in Ireland. 

Following your logic 14 year olds should be able to get married, regular joe soaps should be allowed to own automatic weapons, prostitution should be legal, euthenasia should be legal ...etc, etc.
Ignore him. He's just pretending to be offended because a stupid point by Sid got torpedoed.

thebigfella

Quote from: Premier Emperor on May 14, 2018, 11:29:42 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 13, 2018, 06:35:18 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 13, 2018, 02:05:10 PM
This is a good example of the bollix logic associated with this matter. There are things you can do abroad that you cannot do here, it is not the business of government to restrict people with fast cars from driving them to Germany to do 200kmh on the autobahn.
The whole point of independence is that you can have different laws than other places, yet you have the SF  advocating that laws be cannot be different than England.

You literally compared basic healthcare to driving a fast car. Wooooow.
You compared basic healthcare to abortion. Wooooow.
Basic healthcare, having an ingrown toenail removed, getting the wax in your ears removed, having a 10 inch long baby with all its organs fully formed hoovered out.

FFS does that mean by full term the baby is aprox 3 foot long?

sid waddell

Quote from: Premier Emperor on May 14, 2018, 11:34:04 AM
Quote from: whitey on May 14, 2018, 01:24:16 AM

Why respond to me, then?

Ignore him. He's just pretending to be offended because a stupid point by Sid got torpedoed.

My point was ignored. Nobody on the No side has dealt with it.

In response the poster armaghniac made a "point" that makes mere stupidity seem positively intellectual.

armaghniac

Quote from: sid waddell on May 14, 2018, 11:47:33 AM
My point was ignored. Nobody on the No side has dealt with it.

I dealt with it

QuoteIn response the poster armaghniac made a "point" that makes mere stupidity seem positively intellectual.

Once again, you can refute my point if you wish. Calling me stupid is not a refutation.