Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

That's great Omagh_Gael.

I was very critical of a couple of Dublin players (John Small and James McCarthy) both were coming off after hammering Monaghan last year- could of wee dubs made beeline over to give them a high five as they were walking up the steps to where the subs are. Both lads snubbed them.

Be great next week whenever your lad tells all his friends he got to kick about with Tyrone and 25 youngsters up in Garvaghy looking the same lol.

redhandefender

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 28, 2018, 10:35:51 PM
Had the kids up in Garvaghey at the play park and the senior team were training. Both Bradley and Brennan trained separately with Michael Harte. Looks like there's no chance we'll see them this weekend.

On a separate note, my eldest lad (7) sat watching in pure star struck fashion. During the kick about before training started a ball came over to him and he passed it back to Ritchy Donnelly, Ritchy called him over a took him over to the kids nets and kicked points with him for a good 5 mins amongst all the Senior players. Fair play to him, my wee lad walked off 10 feet tall!

Don't lie lad, it wasn't your wee fella at all it was you  :-*

Goals_Will_Come

1. N Morgan
2. P Hampsey
3. R McNamee
4. C McCarron
5. M McKernan
6. F Burns
7. P Harte
8. C Cavanagh
9. D McClure
10. M Donnelly
11. N Sludden
12. C Meyler
13. C McShane
14. R Donnelly
15. C McAliskey

Fuzzman

That's class OG. Fair play Richie.
As adults we probably underestimate how much that means to kids.

On another note I was trying to see could I get any more info on Conor McKenna and found this. Did he play for Ireland last year in the International rules?
When does their season finish? Can he come play for us when they're finished up? Presume it's their winter now.
He's be some addition to our team. I read hat he did a solo in one game over there and it got a big reaction.
http://www.the42.ie/conor-mckenna-solo-kick-to-kick-afl-essendon-3873134-Feb2018/

http://www.gaa.ie/football/news/conor-mckenna-dreams-playing-for-tyrone-again/

Did he have brothers who played for Tyrone? What happened them?

omagh_gael

Quote from: redhandefender on June 29, 2018, 10:31:51 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 28, 2018, 10:35:51 PM
Had the kids up in Garvaghey at the play park and the senior team were training. Both Bradley and Brennan trained separately with Michael Harte. Looks like there's no chance we'll see them this weekend.

On a separate note, my eldest lad (7) sat watching in pure star struck fashion. During the kick about before training started a ball came over to him and he passed it back to Ritchy Donnelly, Ritchy called him over a took him over to the kids nets and kicked points with him for a good 5 mins amongst all the Senior players. Fair play to him, my wee lad walked off 10 feet tall!

Don't lie lad, it wasn't your wee fella at all it was you  :-*

f**k sake, cover blown already!

Fair play to him. He went out of his way to get him over, moved the nets and kicked about for a good five minutes. Tweeted him to say cheers and he got back with a cool message.

TabClear

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 29, 2018, 01:54:47 PM
That's class OG. Fair play Richie.
As adults we probably underestimate how much that means to kids.

On another note I was trying to see could I get any more info on Conor McKenna and found this. Did he play for Ireland last year in the International rules?
When does their season finish? Can he come play for us when they're finished up? Presume it's their winter now.
He's be some addition to our team. I read hat he did a solo in one game over there and it got a big reaction.
http://www.the42.ie/conor-mckenna-solo-kick-to-kick-afl-essendon-3873134-Feb2018/

http://www.gaa.ie/football/news/conor-mckenna-dreams-playing-for-tyrone-again/

Did he have brothers who played for Tyrone? What happened them?

I would watch a fair bit of the AFL Fuzzman and McKenna is playing really well over there. He is a serious athlete and is highly regarded especially in terms of his willingness to take men on and try and break the lines running with the ball. His speed and directness would be a real benefit to Tyrone. Unfortunately their season is entering the business end now. League runs from Apr-Aug and the top 8 from the league qualify for the final series in September with the Grand Final in Late September. Essendon, McKenna's club, would be an outside bet of making the 8.

He was named in the Ireland squad last year but withdrew with injury.

chieftain

Quote from: our_fella on June 29, 2018, 03:35:47 PM
Quote from: chieftain on June 29, 2018, 03:25:20 PM
Quote from: our_fella on June 29, 2018, 03:15:18 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-10/essendon-conor-mckenna-suspended-for-biting-tory-dickson/9638358

Dont forget about this....

Im sure you've never made any mistakes....

Oh I have.... just never bit someone...... :o

Well bite the dust away back to the down page there oul fella, as far as i can see yous have enough problems up there without worrying about conor mckenna.

our_fella

Quote from: chieftain on June 29, 2018, 03:42:30 PM
Quote from: our_fella on June 29, 2018, 03:35:47 PM
Quote from: chieftain on June 29, 2018, 03:25:20 PM
Quote from: our_fella on June 29, 2018, 03:15:18 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-10/essendon-conor-mckenna-suspended-for-biting-tory-dickson/9638358

Dont forget about this....

Im sure you've never made any mistakes....

Oh I have.... just never bit someone...... :o

Well bite the dust away back to the down page there oul fella, as far as i can see yous have enough problems up there without worrying about conor mckenna.

As McKenna would say... Bite me!

longballin

Enda McGinley referring to GAA population as "the mob"  following Newbridge controversy. He must be establishment.

longballin

Quote from: the_daddy on June 29, 2018, 03:58:51 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 29, 2018, 03:50:52 PM
Enda McGinley referring to GAA population as "the mob"  following Newbridge controversy. He must be establishment.
And you were talking about "genuine gaels" in the same context - how's it any different?

Is hardly mob rule. Was vast majority of the GAA

longballin

Quote from: the_daddy on June 29, 2018, 05:04:57 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 29, 2018, 04:04:33 PM
Quote from: the_daddy on June 29, 2018, 03:58:51 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 29, 2018, 03:50:52 PM
And you were talking about "genuine gaels" in the same context - how's it any different?

Is hardly mob rule. Was vast majority of the GAA

So the loudest voices on social media is representative of the vast majority of the GAA now? Good to know.

Support for Kildare was unanimous across the GAA (apart from the suit$ in Croke Park) and if you think otherwise you're in denial.

Jayop

I didn't speak to a single person in RL that didn't agree with Kildare and I work in Mayo.