Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alba2

How many clubs are actually in need of a manager for the forthcoming season.  Has anyone a breakdown.  We usually get it at this stage. 

DownFanatic

Lineups for 2013 Leagues and Championships

Division 1 and SFC

Burren
Mayobridge
Kilcoo
Clonduff
Longstone
Castlewellan
Bryansford
Saval
Downpatrick
Ballyholland
Rostrevor
Liatroim
Annaclone
An Riocht
Warrenpoint
Loughinisland

Division 2 and IFC

Shamrocks
Clann na Banna
Carryduff
Kilclief
Glasdrumman
Saul
Drumgath
Tullylish
Ballymartin
Bosco
Glenn
Darragh Cross
Atticall
St Johns
Dundrum
Bredagh

Division 3 and JFC

Ardglass
Drumaness
Mitchels
Teconnaught
Dromara
Bright
St Michaels
Aghaderg
Aughlisnafin
St Pauls
Ballykinlar
Killyleagh

Mont

Div 1 wil b an absolute dogfight for relegation. shud be good. roll on 2013

DownFanatic

I was very critical of the new League setups when they were introduced. Id still be a fan of the 4 divisions.

However, that Division 2 looks like a complete lottery. At least 7/8 teams would fancy their chances of winning it. It should actually prove to be quite competitive as the four teams that finished around the bottom of the old division 2 this year wouldn't exactly be miles above the standard of the old division 3.

The new division 3 will be the same old story. The two teams that get relegated into it every year will go straight back up the next year. Division 1 will probably see a split with 6/7 teams pulling away from the bottom half.

downjim

Div 1 will be a joke. The likes of burren. Bridge and kilcoo will use playing against the weaker teams to blood youth and seconds players. They in turn will have stronger squads for the championships

thewobbler

Quote from: downjim on November 07, 2012, 01:40:02 PM
Div 1 will be a joke. The likes of burren. Bridge and kilcoo will use playing against the weaker teams to blood youth and seconds players. They in turn will have stronger squads for the championships
It's actually year 2 of this experiment that I've greater fear for.

There's no particularly weak sides in that Division 1, only a few sides that are bit stronger. All of the rest have plenty of recent SFC experience and will fancy winning the majority of their home games.

But it's hard to see which of the current D2 sides would be anything other than cannon fodder should they play D1 in 2014.

DownFanatic calls D2 a competitive lottery, which is right. But mainly because there's no strong teams left in it.

johnneycool

Quote from: Mourne man on November 03, 2012, 01:05:07 PM
Down GAA are delighted to be able to announce that both the Senior Football Team Manager James McCartan and the Senior Hurling Team Manager Gerard Monan have finalised their backroom teams as Down prepare for the 2013 season.

On the Hurling Front Gerard Monan will once again be joined by Martin McCusker from Ballela and Ballycran Clubman Stephen McAree with a new addition of Paul Flynn the former Waterford Hurler as Team Coach.

Paul Flynn the Ballygunner man has recently been Coach to the Carlow Senior hurling team and as a player won won three Munster winners' medals, one National League winners' medal and one All-Star award. Paul Flynn is Waterford's top championship scorer of all-time. The addition of Paul Flynn to the Management Team is an indication of Manager Gerard Monan's intent to improve the fortunes of Down hurling in 2013.

A bit of a coup for the hurlers getting Paul Flynn involved, I only hope he doesn't get too disillusioned with the set up as this a far far weaker team than the one he played against years ago when waterford were very lucky to come out of Ballygalget with a win in NHL Div1.

I think his role is solely on the coaching side so hopefully he'll be listened to and dispatched to the clubs when possible to raise the standard of coaching from there up.

Lecale2

A good move alright and a surprise as well.

Square Ball

Quote from:  ;)man on November 06, 2012, 10:10:09 PM
surely square ball it would have stood too the boys that you have available regardless of whether you where competitive enough seeing as you have been hanging around the lower divisions recently. You have any idea why your nearest and dearest neighbors are not fielding??

we could have ended up taking some heavy beatings with a very young team and that helps neither team. No idea about the Duff, but expect them to be in the same predicament, and dont mention the A word  ;) 
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Gaa for life

Mcentee would be a good appointment if Burren could get him. As for the bridge, I'm not sure how poucher would go by all means he's a good coach but as for management I'm not sure. Although I like the guy so I hope he proves me wrong if he gets the job!! I heard a rumour that paddy hardy is going to laitriom again but not sure if that will happen.

alba2

[Division 1 and SFC

Burren (NO MANAGER)
Mayobridge (NO MANAGER - POSSIBLY POACHER OR MICKY LINDEN)
Kilcoo (MC CORRY STAYING ON???)
Clonduff (P MC SHANE/T WILSON)
Longstone (G MC CARTAN)
Castlewellan (L HARDY)
Bryansford (NO MANAGER)
Saval (DARREN QUINN)
Downpatrick (?)
Ballyholland (S MULHOLLAND)
Rostrevor (G COLGAN)
Liatroim (NO MANAGER)
Annaclone (NO MANAGER)
An Riocht (?)
Warrenpoint (APPARENTLY TINNELLY IS STEPPING DOWN - WIN ULSTER AND HE MIGHT STAY)
Loughinisland (?)

Division 2 and IFC

Shamrocks (M LINDEN - POSSIBLY GOING HOME TO HIS NATIVE BRIDGE?)
Clann na Banna (?)
Carryduff (?)
Kilclief (?)
Glasdrumman (T POTTER)
Saul (NO MANAGER)
Drumgath (J LYNCH)
Tullylish (NO MANAGER)
Ballymartin (NO MANAGER)
Bosco (R TUMILTY)
Glenn (?)
Darragh Cross (?)
Atticall (?)
St Johns (SEAN WARD - OR WILL HE GO HOME TO HIS NATIVE BURREN)
Dundrum (F TONER)
Bredagh (?)

Division 3 and JFC

Ardglass (?)
Drumaness (?)
Mitchels (?)
Teconnaught (?)
Dromara (?)
Bright (?)
St Michaels (?)
Aghaderg (?)
Aughlisnafin (?)
St Pauls (?)
Ballykinlar (?)
Killyleagh (?)

Has anyone any updates on the above???

DownFanatic

Well done to the Red High for bringing home the Casement Cup after a big win over Rathmore. Great to see Hurling back en vogue at St Patrick's.

NedFlanders

Fair play Jimmy McGuinness, took an average Donegal Team and turned them into Ulster and All Ireland champs inside 2 years, and bags himself a job with one of the biggest Clubs in the Soccer world, hat of, mans got talent!!

johnneycool

Quote from: NedFlanders on November 09, 2012, 11:41:22 AM
Fair play Jimmy McGuinness, took an average Donegal Team and turned them into Ulster and All Ireland champs inside 2 years, and bags himself a job with one of the biggest Clubs in the Soccer world, hat of, mans got talent!!

He's going to Everton?