Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NedFlanders

Was down at the An Riocht game on Friday evening in Annaclone and just have to say that the actions of the Annaclone supporters after the game were disgraceful, following Kieran Trainor down the line, shouting abuse.  And the actions of one of the was crazy, pushed Kieran then aimed a punch at him, thankfully a fella was able to push him outta the way, Its idiots like there that should be given  lifetime ban from the GAA. We all lose the rag at the ref during the game but then thats all part of the craic but after the match, absolutely uncalled for!!

supersub

I see Down beat Armagh tonight, 5-07 1-11

The Real Gael

Quote from: NedFlanders on May 20, 2012, 06:56:57 PM
Was down at the An Riocht game on Friday evening in Annaclone and just have to say that the actions of the Annaclone supporters after the game were disgraceful, following Kieran Trainor down the line, shouting abuse.  And the actions of one of the was crazy, pushed Kieran then aimed a punch at him, thankfully a fella was able to push him outta the way, Its idiots like there that should be given  lifetime ban from the GAA. We all lose the rag at the ref during the game but then thats all part of the craic but after the match, absolutely uncalled for!!

I agree, no room in our game for those sort of scenes we dont want to go down the same road as those in Tyrone do regularly, What sort of a referee is Trainor? There s a couple of decent young lads doing underage games at the minute, at senior level who are the top officials in our county? Is there anyone in our county who referee's senior county championship games?

general

does anybody know are county players starred this weekend?

5 Sams

Quote from: general on May 21, 2012, 11:28:13 AM

According to the original master fixture list they are.
The Aristocrat Years

NedFlanders

Quote from: The Real Gael on May 20, 2012, 11:18:44 PM

I agree, no room in our game for those sort of scenes we dont want to go down the same road as those in Tyrone do regularly, What sort of a referee is Trainor? There s a couple of decent young lads doing underage games at the minute, at senior level who are the top officials in our county? Is there anyone in our county who referee's senior county championship games?

In my opinion hes not a bad referee, bad for both teams if you know what i mean but consistent enough.

Square Ball

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 21, 2012, 11:58:07 AM

do you think any players will be released?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

dundrumite

Quote from: Square Ball on May 21, 2012, 04:13:57 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on May 21, 2012, 11:58:07 AM

do you think any players will be released?

I hope not  ;)

pointlad

Quote from: The Real Gael on May 20, 2012, 11:18:44 PM

As far as I know we don't have any at inter county championship level but C Reynolds and C Branagan are at National League level with Corrigan also involved nationally a.nd ulster level along with B Rice who I see is officiating this week in the Ulster Minor Championship

DownFanatic

There has been some very interesting reading on the Derry and Tyrone sections of the GAA Board this past few days. The Tyrone posters have been posting about wanting to revert back to a four division system in their county as the three division product is not working. Derry posters are talking about the uneveness of their three division structure as well.

The issue in Tyrone seems to be the gulf in quality within divisions and the dis-proportionate amount of hammerings that have been meted out on a consistent basis.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. Our county has had a very good four tier system in place. Every team is generally placed where their talents are suited. Reverting to a three division setup next year will be a disaster. Change for the sake of change.

here comes 6

Sean og has to be seen in someway doing something til earn his big wages

DaisyCutter

Well if Kieran Trainor thought he had it tough last friday night in a Division 2 game in Annaclone, I see in todays Irish News that he's penciled in to referee Kilcoo Vs Clonduff on Friday evening... :-\
But from what I heard from that game is that the Annaclone support were "abit" harsh and heavy on them.
The issue about changing the league formats....joke really. How are the top 6 in Division 2 going to cope with playing agaisnt the top 6 In Division 1? It will turn out to be meaningless matches, which in-turn will dramatically drop the attendance figures at league games thus further hurting the pockets of clubs. Any other views of it?

thewobbler

Quote from: here comes 6 on May 22, 2012, 05:58:55 PM
Sean og has to be seen in someway doing something til earn his big wages

Sean Og doesn't bring proposals like this to the table - the clubs do. And it's the clubs that pass the frigging things. I doubt any administrator  in this world would bring the stress, confusion and madness of this upon themselves.

When this all happens next year, I'd happily wager that Kilcoo win 8 of their games by 12+ points. Bored clubs at the top end, unprepared for Championship ball, and demoralised teams at the bottom end, with players choosing to go to Oz and America just to get away from it. That's what's going to happen.

NP 76

Heard last night Niall Mc Parland broke his hand and will be out for 6 weeks another big blow as Niall has been very consistent through out the league

fitzroyalty

Re 3 Divisions next year, Armagh reverted to this set up for this season and approaching the halfway stage all the leagues appear to be competitive, Crossmaglen even getting a ten point beating for good measure. Only real gulf in class seems to be in the third division with some of the weaker clubs and reserve teams struggling. I realise Down football is probably a different proposition but it doesnt seem to be the disaster that was predicted in Armagh...