Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne man

any predictions for this fridays games? any shocks in store?
Also how are the minors getting on who are the players to be looking out for????? 8)

No1

Quote£100 quid in Saul this year

:o  Seriously?

Mourne man

are the games this friday starred??

ardtole

Quote from: No1 on May 14, 2012, 11:21:01 PM
Quote£100 quid in Saul this year

:o  Seriously?
The ladies are paying 100 quid anyway, the men I presume are paying the same.

Don Johnson

Does anyone know when the exact dates and times for the Championships might be decided/announced?

dodgy umpire

no mccomiskey in the championship squad?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Pangurban

Seems a case of no committment,no place, cant argue with that

alba2

There are a few strange choices in the championship squad for the year ahead.... IS that lad Shane Harrisson from Glasdrumman in as a keeper or an outfield player? Is his brother Connaire not worth a shout for his scoring exploits alone?? Costello? Anton Mc Ardle - is he not injured long term??  All the rave reviews about Gough at the start of the season and his transfer causing ruffled feathers among Armagh people - why has he not made it??

western exile

The exclusion of Conor Gough is no surprise as he has struggled to make an impact this year, even at under 21 level.  But perhaps he will improve and is still a prospect for the future

whitegoodman

Correct the lad isn't ready. James took a look at him at the start of the year and decided he wasn't ready which is fair enough IMO

The Marshes

Quote from: alba2 on May 16, 2012, 09:53:55 AM
There are a few strange choices in the championship squad for the year ahead.... IS that lad Shane Harrisson from Glasdrumman in as a keeper or an outfield player? Is his brother Connaire not worth a shout for his scoring exploits alone?? Costello? Anton Mc Ardle - is he not injured long term??  All the rave reviews about Gough at the start of the season and his transfer causing ruffled feathers among Armagh people - why has he not made it??

Great talent but I fear his discipline/temperament holds him back

southdown

Can any of the older poster rememeber a time when there was a team that played known as "mourne" or possibly "lower mourne?"

If so, what clubs were involved?  I overheard some older men talking about it.  Would be interesting to see what sort of a team they could produce today.

Lecale2

I remember Mourne playing in the Baronys League against Lecale and Iveagh. Amalgamated teams played each other as county trials back in  the day.

DownFanatic

Down Division 4

Dundrum 0-25   Bright 0-08

general