The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 04, 2014, 01:02:29 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 04, 2014, 12:42:07 PM
Will they get Sanchez? Would be some signing!!

Thought an Arsenal fan would be more interested if joined them,as that seems to be the case.

Cant see it Rodney. Sure Joel Campbell is coming back.

rodney trotter

I think they would still bid for Sanchez.

thewobbler

I actually really enjoyed that piece above about Barnes, Houghton, Aldridge, Beardsley. What a group of signings.

But in many ways it shows just how different the football transfer markets have become over the intervening years.

All of those players were in their mid to late 20s and although each of them was quite expensive by the standards of the day (as a comparator, Rush at £3m vs Suarez at £60m, would value the transfer fees for each of them between £15m and £35m in today's money), it would be a strange thing these days to see a group of players like that not being snaffled up by the big clubs on big contracts before they turn 21. Which would financially put them out of reach, as a quartet, for a summer swoop.

Funny enough I think this is the exact trick that Dalglish tried to pull with the Carroll, Adam, Downing, Henderson spree. That only Henderson, of those, has evolved into a player at all, adds weight to the idea that you can't buy them mature from lower clubs anymore.

Gabriel_Hurl

Twitter transfer speculation

According to reports on Twitter (@TheAnfieldWrap) - Divok Origi (Belgian kid who started up front vs the US) has signed a 5 year deal to be announced as soon as Belgium get knocked out

And it's looking like €75-80million for Suarez - Sanchez is not part of the deal.

Southampton apparently knocked back an £18million bid for Lovren - they want £25m

clarshack

Just said on rte that Suarez is away for 75 million euros.

Captain Obvious

59 million pounds and Sanchez not part of the deal.

Shrewdness

Seems Barca wanted Sanchez to go to Liverpool as part of the Suarez deal, but apparently the player himself isn't keen.

Kidder81

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 04, 2014, 07:19:02 PM
59 million pounds and Sanchez not part of the deal.

It's all speculation, nobody knows yet.

brokencrossbar1

Quotehttp://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-fc-luis-suarez-brink-7375714

Suarez on brink of move after Barcelona agree to pay release clause

Jul 04, 2014 22:10
By James Pearce

Luis Suarez is on the brink of leaving Liverpool FC after Barcelona agreed to pay his release clause of around £75million.

The structure of the deal still needs to be thrashed out but the ECHO understands the transfer could be completed as early as next week.

Negotiations between the clubs began in London on Wednesday and progress has been swift.

Reds chief executive Ian Ayre informed the Catalan giants that the Uruguayan striker wouldn't be allowed to leave for less than the release clause in the lucrative contract he penned last December.

After accepting that Liverpool wouldn't budge, Barcelona officials have now vowed to pay the asking price.

The fee of around £75million would shatter the previous highest of £50million the Reds banked when Fernando Torres was sold to Chelsea in January 2011.

Reports in Spain suggest Suarez, who cost the Reds £22.8million from Ajax three and a half years ago, has already agreed personal terms on a five-year contract with Barcelona.

Liverpool would have accepted Barca attacker Alexis Sanchez plus around £45million for Suarez but it looks set to be straight cash.

The Chile international is reluctant to leave the Nou Camp and is still considering his options. His representatives have spoken with both Liverpool and Arsenal among others.

FIFA has re-iterated that Suarez will not be allowed to train during his four-month ban for biting.

The 27-year-old has appealed against the suspension which runs until late October.

laoislad

So is it 75  £ or € because there is a huge difference!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on July 04, 2014, 10:56:31 PM
So is it 75  £ or € because there is a huge difference!

It'd better be £.
Whatever it is we will find it near impossible to replace him by one, two or three players. Days are gone of signing a quartet of the likes of Barnes, Aldridge, Beardsley and Houghton.

Better off keeping him in spite of the ban

Bingo

I'd take all the money and put it on table for that James lad.

under the bar

You might be better off keeping him but he didn't want to stay by the look of it.  As they say in France...au revoir le slim chance de premier league title pour le pool....

orangeman

I'd have kept him. There's very few in the world with his footballing ability.

If Bale was worth £100m, L'pool should be getting £200m for Suarez. But I suppose it doesn't work like that.

EC Unique

Quote from: orangeman on July 04, 2014, 11:29:52 PM
I'd have kept him. There's very few in the world with his footballing ability.

If Bale was worth £100m, L'pool should be getting £200m for Suarez. But I suppose it doesn't work like that.

Bale is a lot more marketable than Suarez and unfortunately that has an effect. Liverpool would need to be very careful in how they spend the money as we can see what spurs done. Selling clubs will now dig the arm in too.