The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 17, 2023, 07:52:03 AM
The LLS is a hard gig to pull off. A 2 hour live show is a big enough challenge but the content varies wildly from light and fluffy to people who have lost children or are dying from something, and everything in between. It also has to get "names" to attract people to watch who otherwise wouldn't bother and it's clearly difficult to get names all year round, hence we have repetition in the guest list. It's not all Tubs' fault - he's great with children but poor with sportspeople as sport in general seems to have passed him by for some reason. Good luck to whoever takes it over (likely to be a woman).

Stopped watching it ages ago. Every week dominated by someone that died or about to die.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Captain Scarlet

It's too big to fail, but they are also too scared to lose it's core audience by making any real changes. Tubridy got a lot of love for one big show a year, but there are plenty of bad interviews where his research was awful in there too.

500k now for a few hours of radio is it? Both TV and Radio with massive teams doing the work too, so I hate this notion that the presenter is the be all and end all.

Looking at options...Tommy Tiernan is great once he likes the person and he wouldn't be able to fake interest in his 3rd interview with Dermot Bannon that year...

Miriam is all over the shop when it comes to the off the cuff stuff. Claire Byrne is minus craic. Jennifer Zamparelli isn't great. Angela Scanlon is the most fake person on telly. Katie Hannon could be good and I like Sinead Kennedy. She would be known by the older crowd from Winning Streak and is easy-going too.

IT WILL BE A WOMAN FROM WITHIN RTÉ!

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Captain Obvious

Two possible male presenters are John Creedon, Dáithí O'Se.

Rudi

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 17, 2023, 04:48:59 PM

I would prefer Panti Bliss to Daithi O Se. ;D

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rudi on March 17, 2023, 04:56:46 PM

I would prefer this to Panti Bliss

Look-Up!

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 17, 2023, 05:10:53 PM

Daithi O Se would be a huge draw for guests and viewers especially if he was handing out those coveted signed photos of his.
Could do one for everyone in the audience too.

seafoid

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/celebs/rte-late-late-show-next-26485664
A spokesperson for BoyleSports said: "Tubridy has taken us all by surprise by hanging up his Late Late hat and no doubt all of telly's favourites will be jockeying for position for the top job! Miriam remains our favourite at Even money, but Dancing With The Stars host Jen Zamparelli is RTE's jewel in the crown and could be a good outside bet."
Next Permanent Late Late Show Host After Ryan Tubridy ~ Next Late Late Show Permanent Host

EVS Miriam O'Callaghan

5-2 Brendan O'Connor

6 Claire Byrne

6 Tommy Tiernan

8 Jennifer Zamparelli

12 Ray D'Arcy

16 Sarah McInerney

16 Daithi O Se

20 Graham Norton

20 Dara O Briain

33 Angela Scanlon

50 Nicky Byrne

50 Craig Doyle

66 Doireann Garrihy

66 Kathryn Thomas

66 Hector O Heochagain

100 Matt Cooper
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Quote from: seafoid on March 17, 2023, 07:08:29 PM
https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/celebs/rte-late-late-show-next-26485664
A spokesperson for BoyleSports said: "Tubridy has taken us all by surprise by hanging up his Late Late hat and no doubt all of telly's favourites will be jockeying for position for the top job! Miriam remains our favourite at Even money, but Dancing With The Stars host Jen Zamparelli is RTE's jewel in the crown and could be a good outside bet."
Next Permanent Late Late Show Host After Ryan Tubridy ~ Next Late Late Show Permanent Host

EVS Miriam O'Callaghan

5-2 Brendan O'Connor

6 Claire Byrne

6 Tommy Tiernan

8 Jennifer Zamparelli

12 Ray D'Arcy

16 Sarah McInerney

16 Daithi O Se

20 Graham Norton

20 Dara O Briain

33 Angela Scanlon

50 Nicky Byrne

50 Craig Doyle

66 Doireann Garrihy

66 Kathryn Thomas

66 Hector O Heochagain

100 Matt Cooper

Like most viewers watching the show

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on March 17, 2023, 07:08:29 PM

EVS Miriam O'Callaghan

5-2 Brendan O'Connor

6 Claire Byrne

6 Tommy Tiernan

8 Jennifer Zamparelli

12 Ray D'Arcy

16 Sarah McInerney

16 Daithi O Se

20 Graham Norton

20 Dara O Briain

33 Angela Scanlon

50 Nicky Byrne

50 Craig Doyle

66 Doireann Garrihy

66 Kathryn Thomas

66 Hector O Heochagain

100 Matt Cooper

Nothing there to lift the show like a Phoenix from the ashes.

Why not two presenters (at the same time)?

Brendan

Quote from: Look-Up! on March 17, 2023, 06:32:03 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 17, 2023, 05:10:53 PM

Daithi O Se would be a huge draw for guests and viewers especially if he was handing out those coveted signed photos of his.
Could do one for everyone in the audience too.

Was unfortunate enough to catch an episode of his morning programme on Virgin 2 or whatever it is and seen him giving out signed photos for prizes, I assumed it was a pisstake, is his ego really that inflated?

seafoid

Quote from: Rudi on March 17, 2023, 12:55:13 PM
I think the route to take is to rotate the host of the late late show on a weekly basis.
Good idea
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AustinPowers

I would imagine  Claire Byrne  will get the gig

Tommy Tiernan is too  much of a  loose cannon. He wouldn't  toe the line  like Tubridy does

Miriam would be ok for  a week or two. Not sure  I could   put up with her long term

pbat

Decided to watch tonight to see James Martin. Had to pull he pin, outside off Marty Morrissey ive never seen a more insincere creep than Tubridy

LeoMc

Quote from: pbat on March 17, 2023, 10:28:44 PM
Decided to watch tonight to see James Martin. Had to pull he pin, outside off Marty Morrissey ive never seen a more insincere creep than Tubridy
A h, you will have missed the big egg. It was like something fro Fr Ted.