Previous topic - Next topic

Did Lee Harvey Oswald assassinate JFK?

Yes
22 (51.2%)
No
21 (48.8%)

Total Members Voted: 43

AustinPowers

So, it's 60 years today  since  the assassination of JFK.

Were you around  then ?  If so, where were you  when you heard the news?

What are your thoughts on it all? What about the magic bullet  theory? Plausible or nonsense? What about the  autopsy?

Was it Oswald? The  Russians?  Did JFK shoot himself like in that episode of  Red Dwarf ?

Maybe it was  you that was the  boyo on the grassy knoll?  ;D

Just for interest, I've added a  poll.

Let's hear it...

ziggy90

I was three weeks off my sixth birthday and don't remember a thing about it.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

red hander

I was on the sixth floor of the Texas Book Depository.

clarshack

Some folk reckon it was his driver who was from Stewartstown that killed him:

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/did-irish-william-greer-cause-jfks-death.amp

Also, I've never watched the Oliver Stone JFK film. How would it hold up now 32 years later?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on November 22, 2023, 08:51:33 PMSome folk reckon it was his driver who was from Stewartstown that killed him:

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/did-irish-william-greer-cause-jfks-death.amp

Also, I've never watched the Oliver Stone JFK film. How would it hold up now 32 years later?

It's such a good film, read the book also, irrespective of the conspiracy the film could be a stand alone film if it was fictional
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Seen Paul Landis came out with something a few months back that throws more doubt on the magic bullet theory. He says he left it on Connallys gurney and it didn't come from Connallys body.

Oswald, if involved, wasn't the only one. A man with his supposed motive would have wanted the infamy, the credit. He instead denied it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

quit yo jibbajabba

Documentary on National Geographic atm for those interested

AustinPowers

Quote from: red hander on November 22, 2023, 07:53:44 PMI was on the sixth floor of the Texas Book Depository.

In Nov 1963 ? Or another time?  ;D

Any stories to tell?

I heard the tour doesn't  involve you being able to  sit where LHO supposedly shot from , as presumably people would sit there and say  "aye, me arse  he shot him from here!"

balladmaker

The narrative is this ... LHO fired the first shot and hit JFK in the shoulder.  The secret service agent in the car behind Kennedy's car, who was carrying a loaded rifle, jolted at the sound of the shot or was jolted by the car's driving at the sound of the shot, and discharged the fatal bullet that killed JFK from behind ... thus the cover up.

Either the above be correct, or something else, but there had to be two shooters.  The chance of LHO getting two shots off with the required precision are extremely remote.

trailer

If LHO had have lived, he would have been released and probably told all. Thanks to Jack Ruby we'll never know. Jack, you son of a bitch!

tyrone08

Oswald was involved in some form however he definitely was not the only one. There is far too much evidence to say a lone gunman.

America would have you believe that a lonely nutcase gunman killed Lincoln, JFK, Booby kennedy and MlK.

The fact that Bobby Kennedy was killed in my view is obivous proof Oswald didnt do it alone.

I imagine the world would be alot better off if jkf had survived.

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2023, 08:57:30 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 22, 2023, 08:51:33 PMSome folk reckon it was his driver who was from Stewartstown that killed him:

It's such a good film, read the book also, irrespective of the conspiracy the film could be a stand alone film if it was fictional
If it was fictional?? :)  It was said about that film that it dodges the truth like a magic bullet. The DA Garrison had claimed it was a conspiracy that included the CIA, Deep State, FBI and the Dallas police

As the fictional Harry Bosch quipped derisively on one occasion about the Dallas Police being involved in the conspiracy to kill JFK, 'how could there be such a conspiracy if it had to involve the Dallas police?' referring to the inept corrupt Dallas Police dept's reputation to leak like a drunken sailor. 

I though the fictional film was actually very good, i.e. until the corny farcical court scenes, some similarity to the real Garrison when in court he presented conspiracy theories as evidence, (not unlike Sid and Trudy) the only evidence was the existence of a conspiracy.

The origin of the 'CIA did it' conspiracy most probably was first spread by the KGB and gained traction along the way. probably in part because the CIA were actually coup and assassin capable.
Stone also peddles another KGB sourced conspiracy fable, that the CIA were behind the attempted assassination of De Gaulle, when we all know it was the Jackal.
Which in part could fuel another conspiracy theory based on Stone's lick-spittle fascination for Putin.

AustinPowers

Was an  interesting documentary on the Parkland hospital doctors the other night.

All maintained  what they witnessed in the  emergency room was not what was on the autopsy  report

They were all together talking about it (around 10 years ago , as they've all  since passed)  but  what reason would they have to  maintain their stance.

The government's  autopsy report was  doctored to suit the lone gunman theory .  And the Warren commission  was a circus but  done to reinforce that Oswald acted  alone.

nrico2006

Some strange individual stories from that day, like Umbrella man etc. These boys always got me though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_tramps?wprov=sfla1
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rois

We visited Dealy Plaza a few years ago. Conspiracy theorists are there every day, waiting to tell tourists their ideas. Fascinating place.

He said himself, LHO was "a patsy".
Firmly believe that he was involved but not alone.