Russia invades Ukraine Feb 2022

Started by Main Street, February 12, 2022, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Ouch. Wasn't he arrested before and released?

ThomasMullan

Quote from: burdizzo on January 13, 2024, 08:08:05 AMOuch. Wasn't he arrested before and released?

Arrested and released on bail and rearrested when he announced his decision to skip bail and leave the country on YouTube. Utter idiocy and arrogance. 

He was also announced dead before on Twitter and resurrected so who knows if it's legit this time. Seems to be so.

Edit: It appears he is dead. He is also reported to have died in a Kharkiv hospital rather than being found dead in prison.

ThomasMullan

British YouTube Russian propagandist turned war criminal Graham Phillips loses appeal against UK govt sanctions:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/russia-ukraine-british-uk-government-lawyers-b2477602.html

Hopefully there is a Interpol Red Notice out on this particular chap and he is arrested soon. I would imagine he will get fed up living in Russia at some point, probably when his benefactors stop his pocket money.

Main Street

"Terrorists declared me a terrorist"
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67968534

Boris Akunin  joins the long list of writers who have been declared an enemy of the state by the kremlin. Boris is not the greatest but is currently the most popular world wide by a country mile with his series based on the amazing adventurous of the fictional character Erast Fandorin. Boris has been openly critical since 2014 of russia's war of aggression against Ukraine.

an aside - what the article does not tell is that Boris is a Georgian, albeit one with russian citizenship.

Though the kremlin shouts loud about russia's great literary culture, most probably most of the famed writers such as Dostoevsky,Chekhov,Tolstoy, Gogol, would all be declared 'Enemy of the State'  by the current kremlin regime.

ziggy90

Quote from: Main Street on January 13, 2024, 10:49:54 PM"Terrorists declared me a terrorist"

Boris Akunin  joins the long list of writers who have been declared an enemy of the state by the kremlin. Boris is not the greatest but is currently the most popular world wide by a country mile with his series based on the amazing adventurous of the fictional character Erast Fandorin. Boris has been openly critical since 2014 of russia's war of aggression against Ukraine.

an aside - what the article does not tell is that Boris is a Georgian, albeit one with russian citizenship.

Though the kremlin shouts loud about russia's great literary culture, most probably most of the famed writers such as Dostoevsky,Chekhov,Tolstoy, Gogol, would all be declared 'Enemy of the State'  by the current kremlin regime.

I absolutely love his stuff.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ThomasMullan

Quote from: ziggy90 on January 15, 2024, 10:43:36 AM
Quote from: Main Street on January 13, 2024, 10:49:54 PM"Terrorists declared me a terrorist"

I absolutely love his stuff.

Interesting interview here on imperialism in Russian literature. Hard to say whether the classic Russian writers would be declared enemies of the state or be feted by Putin. If they held their outdated views on empire in the 21stC then certainly the latter.

https://revdem.ceu.edu/2022/06/07/imperialism-in-russian-literature/amp/

ThomasMullan

Dmitri Medvedev, speaking today:

"The existence of Ukraine is deadly for Ukrainians. And I am not at all referring only to the current state, the Bandera political regime. I am talking about any, absolutely any Ukraine.

No matter how much they aspire to the mythical European Union and NATO. When choosing between eternal war and inevitable death and life, the absolute majority of Ukrainians (except for a minimal number of sick nationalists) will eventually choose life. They will realize that life in a big common state, which they do not love much now, is better than death. Their death and the death of their loved ones. And the sooner Ukrainians realize this, the better."

For those in any doubt, Ukraine is fighting for its very existence against a fascist revanchist imperial invasion. The 'big common state' he refers to is the Russian Empire.

Captain Scarlet

This has fallen off the radar a bit, but is anyone up on this...

Zelensky is giving the top general the boot - Valerii Zaluzhnyi.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/05/ukraine-leadership-change-reset-zelenskiy-replace-senior-officials

It seems a bit off as they are digging in well, and are facing a much more powerful army. But then commentators are saying there are off the field issues between them.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Eire90

if sinn fein lose the working class in the south they are done

Eire90

i posted in wrong thread by mistake dont get your knickers in a twist

Dag Dog

Tucker Carlson is going to broadcast an interview with Putin.

Best quote I heard:
"I'm sure he'll ask Putin all about Bucha, murders of Russian journalists, assassination of Litvinenko, poisoning of Skripalis, destruction of Grozny, abduction of Ukrainian children, erasure of Ukrainian language and culture in temporarily occupied regions, Putin's affair with Alina Kabaeva, bombing of civilian targets in Ukraine, Prigozgin's death, SVR/GRU/FSB operations in the West, censorship of Internet in Russia, murder of Nemtsov, imprisonment of Kara-Murza and Evan Gershkovich...
"

clarshack

Quote from: Dag Dog on February 06, 2024, 09:53:10 PMTucker Carlson is going to broadcast an interview with Putin.

Best quote I heard:
"I'm sure he'll ask Putin all about Bucha, murders of Russian journalists, assassination of Litvinenko, poisoning of Skripalis, destruction of Grozny, abduction of Ukrainian children, erasure of Ukrainian language and culture in temporarily occupied regions, Putin's affair with Alina Kabaeva, bombing of civilian targets in Ukraine, Prigozgin's death, SVR/GRU/FSB operations in the West, censorship of Internet in Russia, murder of Nemtsov, imprisonment of Kara-Murza and Evan Gershkovich...
"

whatever, it should still be an interesting interview. when does it drop?

ThomasMullan

Quote from: clarshack on February 07, 2024, 10:16:14 AM
Quote from: Dag Dog on February 06, 2024, 09:53:10 PMTucker Carlson is going to broadcast an interview with Putin.

Best quote I heard:
"

Yeah it'll be super interesting listening to Tucker Carlson allow Putin to spout his propaganda unchallenged for two whole hours, while sitting like a nodding dog. Asking nothing about any of the above or challenging anything.

As other actual journalists have pointed out, they've requested an interview with Putin but been denied. For obvious reasons. As Carlson has been chosen, for obvious reasons.

clarshack

Quote from: ThomasMullan on February 07, 2024, 10:43:20 AM
Quote from: clarshack on February 07, 2024, 10:16:14 AM

Best quote I heard:
"

Yeah it'll be super interesting listening to Tucker Carlson allow Putin to spout his propaganda unchallenged for two whole hours, while sitting like a nodding dog. Asking nothing about any of the above or challenging anything.

As other actual journalists have pointed out, they've requested an interview with Putin but been denied. For obvious reasons. As Carlson has been chosen, for obvious reasons.

At least it will make a change from flat out Zelensky propaganda for the last 2 years.

Dag Dog

Tankies in Ireland and beyond behave like Ukraine invaded Russia.