Mick Wallace, NAMA and the £7M

Started by Nigel White, July 04, 2015, 11:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: Apparently so on July 05, 2015, 03:20:04 AM
Lots of shinner supporters getting excited because they think its a high profile DUP member involved. They were told to wise the f**k up. Sinn Fein will be knee deep in all this nonsense but they run about acting as if they are holier thanthou, f**king catch a grip ffs. Its all about the money these days lads. The main reason we aren't shooting each other anymore? MONEY
if it was someone from SF they'd have been named by now.

Ulick

Bound to be Robinson, rumours about 7 figure backhanders have been swirling around him for years, plus he has form with the "ransom plot" carry-on.

muppet

These type of leaks in NI are usually dangerous.

I remember the Adams family reveleations were quickly followed by the Iris thunderbolt.

Is there more coming? It might explain the silence.

MWWSI 2017

Ulick

Quote from: muppet on July 06, 2015, 10:57:11 AM

I remember the Adams family reveleations were quickly followed by the Iris thunderbolt.

£7 million being funnelled to Sinn Féin's northern enemies via the southern state's property management firm. Call be cynical but I'd say there's a lot more to this story than a brown envelope backhander to a DUP member.

armaghniac

What was the quid pro quo for this large sum?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

LeoMc

Quote from: armaghniac on July 06, 2015, 11:20:22 AM

Persuade Americans that NI is a safe place to invest and ensure no one kicks up a fuss about Land and property being sold off at 70% below value.

We wouldn't want all that Land becoming available at those discounts to Councils, Community organisations, etc.

LeoMc

Quote from: Ulick on July 06, 2015, 11:18:31 AM

£7 million being funnelled to Sinn Féin's northern enemies via the southern state's property management firm. Call be cynical but I'd say there's a lot more to this story than a brown envelope backhander to a DUP member.
Enemies or partners?

Ulick

Quote from: LeoMc on July 06, 2015, 12:51:02 PM

Enemies or partners?

Not mutually exclusive things.

LeoMc

Quote from: Ulick on July 06, 2015, 12:53:24 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on July 06, 2015, 12:51:02 PM

Enemies or partners?

Not mutually exclusive things.
I take it you are married then?  ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: LeoMc on July 06, 2015, 12:49:25 PM

Persuade Americans that NI is a safe place to invest and ensure no one kicks up a fuss about Land and property being sold off at 70% below value.

We wouldn't want all that Land becoming available at those discounts to Councils, Community organisations, etc.

I'm not sure how paying one DUP person, or even that party, ensures this.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

LeoMc

Quote from: armaghniac on July 06, 2015, 12:58:05 PM

The first part is easy enough, wine and dine on the hill with a bit of handshaking. The second part is perhaps just my own personal gripe about the way NAMA have been selling off the Country (similar to O'Rourkes recent article).

Personally I would not be convinced the £7m was going to one person either. I cannot imagine that (a) Tughans would not have procedures in place to stop one person just walking off with £7m. No second signatures?
(b) if someone took £7m they would not consider it theft. It would lead me to suspect that at least one other partner may have had a nose in the trough.

Orior

The Unionists 'graduated response' to the flegs dispute is also quiet. Perhaps a gradient of  1 in 7 million?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Ulick

Quote from: LeoMc on July 06, 2015, 01:05:51 PM

The first part is easy enough, wine and dine on the hill with a bit of handshaking. The second part is perhaps just my own personal gripe about the way NAMA have been selling off the Country (similar to O'Rourkes recent article).

Personally I would not be convinced the £7m was going to one person either. I cannot imagine that (a) Tughans would not have procedures in place to stop one person just walking off with £7m. No second signatures?
(b) if someone took £7m they would not consider it theft. It would lead me to suspect that at least one other partner may have had a nose in the trough.

Well it looks like didn't know they were due to get £7m in the first place, and sure why would they? - they weren't actually working on the deal.

LeoMc

Quote from: Ulick on July 06, 2015, 02:07:37 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on July 06, 2015, 01:05:51 PM

Well it looks like didn't know they were due to get £7m in the first place, and sure why would they? - they weren't actually working on the deal.
If so the US Solicitors did not do their due diligence. Just pop £7m into this private account, wink wink.

Ulick

Quote from: LeoMc on July 06, 2015, 02:10:31 PM
If so the US Solicitors did not do their due diligence. Just pop £7m into this private account, wink wink.

Looks like it http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-33396973

Mandy McAuley saying in that video, the money was intended for a group of "fixers".