Dublin v Tyrone. 11/02/17. Croke Park, Dublin.

Started by omagh_gael, February 06, 2017, 12:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 21, 2017, 12:30:23 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 19, 2017, 09:53:28 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 19, 2017, 07:40:47 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 18, 2017, 11:47:37 PM
Quote from: Beffs on February 18, 2017, 11:14:37 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 18, 2017, 09:25:45 PM
Quote from: Beffs on February 18, 2017, 06:43:11 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 18, 2017, 08:49:06 AM

This particular Tyrone side have only been around the guts of 2 years.

McShane, Bradley, Meyler, C McCann, McNulty, R Donnelly, R Brennan all debuted in 2015.

Sludden, K McGeary, Munroe, Burns, L Brennan, Hampsey made their debuts in 2016.

The likes of McCann, McNamee and McNabb only really became regulars in 2015 too.

So it's very premature to write them off as the bulk of the side are only on the road a couple of years and have plenty of scope and time to improve.

And we do not know how they will do against Dublin come the championship in summer, despite your protestations otherwise. There is no formline there where as there is with Kerry and Mayo the known vs the unknown.

No, but I can make a pretty educated guess, based on the fact that they have not been able to beat the 2 counties, that Dublin beat every year, of late. I am not protesting anything, nor am I writing anyone off. I am merely going on the factual evidence from the scoreboard at the end of championship games in Croke Park. If Tyrone meet Dublin this year and they beat them, then fair play to them, but there is no great mystery as to why they haven't played each other yet in the championship - Tyrone just haven't been good enough to make it that far. To date. Maybe that will change this summer. Who knows really?

There is no factual evidence when it comes to Tyrone v Dublin in Championship.

It's the known vs the unknown, we can revert back to factual evidence when it comes to Mayo and Kerry in this regard.

There is no "factual evidence" on how Leitrim, New York or Antrim get on against Dublin either. So I am not rushing to give anyone a free pass to greatness, just because of this factual lack of evidence, Your Honour.

Not really like for like, Tyrone are a genuine top 4 side and they have caused Dublin problems in their league meetings.

You seem very defensive on the proposition that Tyrone might be the best equipped team to take Dublin.

We know there are three credible threats to Dublin. It's known come championship that Kerry and Dublin have come up short in recent years, it's unknown whether Tyrone would or wouldn't. You seem to trying to validate the unknown as known for some bizarre reason.

Are Tyrone a genuine top 4 side?

Yes.

Based on what?
Quarter final last year.
Well beat in semi final the year before
Beat in round 2B in 2014
Doesn't really shout genuine too 4 team to me

You have a bizarre logic of well beaten. I have much more regret about the Kerry defeat in 2015 than the Mayo defeat last year, I think we got what we deserved last year although it could easily have been different but I think Mayo were the slightly better team on the day. In 2015 we had a plethora of chances, passed up about 4 goals, had McNamee wrongly black carded, Kerry had Enright stay on the pitch after a blatant black card offence, missed a host of frees, should have had a penalty near the end and the game was level with about 6 minutes to go. That was a game we absolutely should have won but left it behind, we opened Kerry at will but just weren't clinical enough.

It's pointless comparing the Tyrone side of 2014 to that of 2015 and 2016. The personnel has vastly changed, O'Neill, Gormley, Penrose, Donnelly, the 2 McKennas, Lavery, Cassidy, Coney, McGuigan, Quinn, McGinley and a few more were all gone off the panel after 2014. They squad saw major upheaval and a completely different focus on the style of football deployed. I think it shows the fear you have of what Tyrone could do when you are giving such disingenuous narratives of matters.

I will savour you fear.

tonto1888

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 21, 2017, 12:59:12 AM

McShane, Bradley, Meyler, C McCann, McNulty, R Donnelly, R Brennan all debuted in 2015.

Sludden, K McGeary, Munroe, Burns, L Brennan, Hampsey made their debuts in 2016.

The likes of McCann, McNamee and McNabb only really became regulars in 2015 too.

So it's very premature to write them off as the bulk of the side are only on the road a couple of years and have plenty of scope and time to improve.

And we do not know how they will do against Dublin come the championship in summer, despite your protestations otherwise. There is no formline there where as there is with Kerry and Mayo the known vs the unknown.

No, but I can make a pretty educated guess, based on the fact that they have not been able to beat the 2 counties, that Dublin beat every year, of late. I am not protesting anything, nor am I writing anyone off. I am merely going on the factual evidence from the scoreboard at the end of championship games in Croke Park. If Tyrone meet Dublin this year and they beat them, then fair play to them, but there is no great mystery as to why they haven't played each other yet in the championship - Tyrone just haven't been good enough to make it that far. To date. Maybe that will change this summer. Who knows really?

It's the known vs the unknown, we can revert back to factual evidence when it comes to Mayo and Kerry in this regard.

There is no "factual evidence" on how Leitrim, New York or Antrim get on against Dublin either. So I am not rushing to give anyone a free pass to greatness, just because of this factual lack of evidence, Your Honour.

Not really like for like, Tyrone are a genuine top 4 side and they have caused Dublin problems in their league meetings.

You seem very defensive on the proposition that Tyrone might be the best equipped team to take Dublin.

We know there are three credible threats to Dublin. It's known come championship that Kerry and Dublin have come up short in recent years, it's unknown whether Tyrone would or wouldn't. You seem to trying to validate the unknown as known for some bizarre reason.

Yes.

Based on what?
Quarter final last year.
Beat in round 2B in 2014

You have a bizarre logic of well beaten. I have much more regret about the Kerry defeat in 2015 than the Mayo defeat last year, I think we got what we deserved last year although it could easily have been different but I think Mayo were the slightly better team on the day. In 2015 we had a plethora of chances, passed up about 4 goals, had McNamee wrongly black carded, Kerry had Enright stay on the pitch after a blatant black card offence, missed a host of frees, should have had a penalty near the end and the game was level with about 6 minutes to go. That was a game we absolutely should have won but left it behind, we opened Kerry at will but just weren't clinical enough.

It's pointless comparing the Tyrone side of 2014 to that of 2015 and 2016. The personnel has vastly changed, O'Neill, Gormley, Penrose, Donnelly, the 2 McKennas, Lavery, Cassidy, Coney, McGuigan, Quinn, McGinley and a few more were all gone off the panel after 2014. They squad saw major upheaval and a completely different focus on the style of football deployed. I think it shows the fear you have of what Tyrone could do when you are giving such disingenuous narratives of matters.

I will savour you fear.

My fear of what?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 21, 2017, 08:16:44 AM

Yes.

Based on what?
Quarter final last year.
Beat in round 2B in 2014

I will savour you fear.

My fear of what?

Tyrone winning the AI this year.

tonto1888

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 21, 2017, 05:42:05 PM

Yes.

Based on what?
Quarter final last year.
Beat in round 2B in 2014

I will savour you fear.

My fear of what?

I've no fear of that. It's not going to happen. Not this year anyway.  I've a very real fear of my own County not getting out of division three tho.

ONeill

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 21, 2017, 09:53:07 PM

Yes.

Based on what?
Quarter final last year.
Beat in round 2B in 2014

I will savour you fear.

My fear of what?

I've no fear of that. It's not going to happen. Not this year anyway.  I've a very real fear of my own County not getting out of division three tho.

Just wanted to add to the quoting.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

passedit

Quote from: ONeill on February 21, 2017, 11:12:10 PM

Yes.

Based on what?
Quarter final last year.
Beat in round 2B in 2014

I will savour you fear.

My fear of what?

Just wanted to add to the quoting.
Stop taking the piss. You're ruining the whole page.
Don't Panic

StGallsGAA

Yes.

Based on what?
Quarter final last year.
Beat in round 2B in 2014

I will savour you fear.

My fear of what?

Fear not. Armagh will most likely get out of Div 3 but not by going upwards tho.... ;)

BennyHarp

Quote from: hardstation on February 26, 2017, 03:44:39 PM
Must be Donegal's year too.

It does add further weight to the argument that this Dublin team struggles against the Donegal and Tyrone style though!
That was never a square ball!!

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 26, 2017, 04:20:30 PM

It does add further weight to the argument that this Dublin team struggles against the Donegal and Tyrone style though!

And Mayo as they can't beat them either on the first day! :P

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 26, 2017, 04:22:26 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 26, 2017, 04:20:30 PM

And Mayo as they can't beat them either on the first day! :P

No, it's all the money Mayo spend on their preparation that enables them to be competitive! 😜
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

Dublin had their reserves out tonight, Donegal's point not worth a f**k! ;)

heffo

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 26, 2017, 10:45:16 PM

Not giving much credit to Donegal there - that was a good point for both teams.

omagh_gael

Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2017, 06:52:13 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on February 26, 2017, 10:45:16 PM

Not giving much credit to Donegal there - that was a good point for both teams.

I jest, add in the dirty day/pitch and it was a real lottery.  Division 1 actually looking very even this year.