Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 27, 2017, 08:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILikeStrawberryJam

Malachy has no interest in the Laois job.

People can be passionate about a county that werent necessarily born there

Let the county board interview the candidates .. just no mercenaries ..

Lets just get the best candidate for the job

Keyser Söze

If, after an interview process involving people who know what they are talking about, Sugrue appears to be a stronger candidate that the likes of McNulty, Higgins and Clancy then he should get the job.
He might technically be a Kerry man, but there is the world of difference between his situation and those on the managerial merry go round looking for handy dosh.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

Quote from: TheGiantSquid on August 13, 2017, 05:24:29 PM
You have a vendetta against Billy Sheehan Mr. Scully!!
I wonder why that would be, hmmmm let me think

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on August 13, 2017, 08:42:17 PM
Quote from: TheGiantSquid on August 13, 2017, 05:24:29 PM
You have a vendetta against Billy Sheehan Mr. Scully!!
I wonder why that would be, hmmmm let me think

This is above the heads of many of us! Any further information forthcoming?

Keyser Söze

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on August 13, 2017, 10:00:46 PM
Keysee I have no faith in the interview process as they have turned up some turnips so far.

That is a fair enough point.

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

I spoke with one of the 3 man interview committee, and not one person has even been pencilled in for a meeting, let alone a short list been composed. Names have been proposed, some by clubs and the teasing out process(checking out who may actually be interested will commence soon).

keyser....the mr scully reference, is because he was the ballyroan guy running round behind Clancy with a tactics board last year, much to the mirth of many, suspect the guy is star struck(if you can be) by Clancy.

I tend to believe that John Sugrue's record within Laois is far from hectic, just my opinion.

Billy Sheehan is a marmite character...I felt he gave it his all when in the blue and white and fulfilled a disciplined role when with McNulty...........he was a coach with Cork footballers in 2017, and whether we like it or not, Cork footballers are much higher up the football food chain than Laois, and evidently he was appreciated in Cork.

my preferred team, would be Mick Dempsey as manager, with Clancy, Conway and Sheehan(fitness) as assistants/coaches.........Dempsey with more experience could take the heat as manager and the others as younger bucks could learn the ropes.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on August 13, 2017, 10:28:28 PM
my preferred team, would be Mick Dempsey as manager, with Clancy, Conway and Sheehan(fitness) as assistants/coaches.........Dempsey with more experience could take the heat as manager and the others as younger bucks could learn the ropes.

That would be absolutely fantastic....but why would Dempsey take the job?

town1980

Giant eejit not squib give me the difference between a coach and a manager,,???

town1980

Also getting personal by trying to name someone who has valid points is a cowardly act name yourself you giant gimp/ squid with no foundation,, This evenings games ballyabu yee we're a shadow of yereselves unfit over weight totally different from what I expect and seen ,, killeshin we're full value for there win and will rattle my neighbours,,a lot of good ties ahead in two weeks time Killeen for me we're lucky but will progress against a very bad ballyroan side ,, no one will beat my portlaoise 

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 13, 2017, 10:41:06 PM

Why would anyone want the job?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 13, 2017, 11:30:51 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 13, 2017, 10:41:06 PM

Why would anyone want the job?

There is quite the difference between ANYONE wanting to test themselves at intercounty level and Mick Dempsey. I'm not going to bother expanding further on that.

BallyroanAbu

I spoke with one of the 3 man interview committee, and not one person has even been pencilled in for a meeting, let alone a short list been composed. Names have been proposed, some by clubs and the teasing out process(checking out who may actually be interested will commence soon).

keyser....the mr scully reference, is because he was the ballyroan guy running round behind Clancy with a tactics board last year, much to the mirth of many, suspect the guy is star struck(if you can be) by Clancy.

I tend to believe that John Sugrue's record within Laois is far from hectic, just my opinion.

Billy Sheehan is a marmite character...I felt he gave it his all when in the blue and white and fulfilled a disciplined role when with McNulty...........he was a coach with Cork footballers in 2017, and whether we like it or not, Cork footballers are much higher up the football food chain than Laois, and evidently he was appreciated in Cork.

I got a little annoyed by this, but then realised my only crime is to wear my heart on my sleeve.  Most people on here have a fair idea who I am and I have never shied away from it.   I have also said I think Clancy is something special,  I expected nothing more than ridicule(my wife found the star struck thing funny) however I suppose I have to find courage in my convictions when it does not exactly go with the crowd.    Maybe the same people who thought of me with mirth were those dozy f**kers who ratified TOF, Lillis and Creedon.  But good luck to you on getting Mick Dempsey ratified.

Giovanni

It's the smart men that see the "mirth" in people trying to do things properly at club level that make this county what it is. Division 4.

I don't know too much about what's happening at club level but these kind of personalised comments that denigrate people in this way are sickening.

Joeythelips

What is the situation regarding this? From what I read in club match reports it sounds like there are some decent your players coming through at club level. Im not saying they are ready for inter county step up but the least they deserve is the next Laois management team to be taking a look at them in action during the championship, clubs like Ballylinan, Portarlington, Ballyfin and Rosenallis to name a few sound like they have young players with potential.

portlaoisekid

Any word on the new manager?

So many names being mentioned but it seems the word is that its a Laois man who the CB want to appoint.