Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Under Lights on March 02, 2020, 06:22:41 PM
Rumours that Matty Donnelly has teeth knocked out. Why are people not on the match day panel, Matty and Richie (can be seen clearly in the video) in the tunnel, too many people inside the wire imo.

As squad members they are entitled to be with the squad in fairness. Anything after that I'm not sure of the ins and outs but if it's true about Matty Donnelly he's not really much use on the pitch at the minute let alone a brawl so who knows why he got himself involved. From what I gather the Dubs started it with the usual men to the fore before a Tyrone player took exception leading to that. The clip that done the rounds though done absolutely nothing for Tyrone.

GetOverTheBar

Have since read the clip that done the rounds is inadmissible to the GAA with regards to sanctions and anything RTE has was inconclusive. That looks to be that.

Hampshy got his black for verbal abuse - must be the first ever instance I've seen of that punishment actually being given.

delgany

The dubs coaded the tyrone players by saying that they would be relegated . Hampsey pushed one out of the way.

APM

Quote from: Pearse Blue on March 03, 2020, 08:14:59 AM
Quote from: trailer on March 02, 2020, 06:54:28 PM
Disgraceful scenes in the tunnel. Harte has cultivated this indiscipline and thuggery in the squad.

Hoping for more storms in July and August. Otherwise we're fucked.
Catch yourself on, not the biggest fan on how Tyrone are operating and being operated at the minute, but that brought the team up a few levels for me.. That was nothing to do with Mickey, don't give him that credit. Sheer ignorance from a few of our boys started that and in my head put the fear in the Dubs for the second half

Dublin weren't interested and probably thought the match was going to be called off.  Tyrone went at them like demons, because they knew the weather gave them a great opportunity to take a scalp and get two points.  This game might mean Tyrone will stay up (it might not), but it will mean nothing coming championship. 

Theshooter

Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2020, 11:55:58 AM
I also thought Coney was very good when he came in last night, got on a lot of ball, was very composed and spread the play well.

Yes, the whole way over the sideline one time too

Angelo

Quote from: Theshooter on March 03, 2020, 04:13:59 PM
I also thought Coney was very good when he came in last night, got on a lot of ball, was very composed and spread the play well.

I wouldn't get too caught up on about one slightly overhit long range pass on a stormy night. It was actually Coney who won the turnover that led to the goal.

The absolute bitchiness from some of you guys is off the charts, I pity your husbands when they come home in the evening.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: APM on March 03, 2020, 03:40:12 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on March 03, 2020, 08:14:59 AM
Quote from: trailer on March 02, 2020, 06:54:28 PM
Disgraceful scenes in the tunnel. Harte has cultivated this indiscipline and thuggery in the squad.

Hoping for more storms in July and August. Otherwise we're fucked.
Catch yourself on, not the biggest fan on how Tyrone are operating and being operated at the minute, but that brought the team up a few levels for me.. That was nothing to do with Mickey, don't give him that credit. Sheer ignorance from a few of our boys started that and in my head put the fear in the Dubs for the second half

Dublin weren't interested and probably thought the match was going to be called off.  Tyrone went at them like demons, because they knew the weather gave them a great opportunity to take a scalp and get two points.  This game might mean Tyrone will stay up (it might not), but it will mean nothing coming championship.

It's very noteworthy how people from the likes of Derry, Down and Armagh always feel the need to come into Tyrone threads and comment on Tyrone matters.

It's almost as if they've stopped being relevant at the top table and their main interest in intercounty football at the late summer months is putting pins in their Tyrone voodoo doll.

RedHand88

Quote from: Theshooter on March 03, 2020, 04:13:59 PM

You'd have done better yourself in the middle of a storm on a wet night, eh?

Angelo

How do we rate the u20s chances at the weekend?

They seem to have made hard work already of their two games so far and don't seem to have pushed on as much as I'd have expected them to.

We seem to be down a good few players from what you'd imagine would be our best bunch at this age level, I know there was references made to some disciplinary issues with a few players but whether it be discipline or injury you have guys like Conroy and Hayes unavailable who would give that attack a serious boost. Murnaghan also missed the Antrim game as well, I noted that he was named at 14 in the Armagh game, was he actually playing there or just named there - bit strange for a guy who is more of a wing back or middle third player.

There's also none of last year's minor team involved and this has been more or less the same for the last few years since u20 came in? I would have thought the likes of young McGleenan and Devlin would certainly be involved as they really stood out for the minors last year and there's no doubting McGleenan is physically ready for it. Are they involved with their schools or something?

square_ball

McGleenon was playing for St Pats Armagh who were only beat in the semi final last week and Mark Devlin was playing for Holy Trinity who were beat in the quarters 2 weeks ago. Isn't there a rule where they can't be involved in the U20s?

Angelo

Quote from: square_ball on March 04, 2020, 08:57:23 AM
McGleenon was playing for St Pats Armagh who were only beat in the semi final last week and Mark Devlin was playing for Holy Trinity who were beat in the quarters 2 weeks ago. Isn't there a rule where they can't be involved in the U20s?

Not that I'm aware as I think both are overage for minor (u17) now but I'm open to correction? Is it just an internal policy whereby players who are just out of minor aren't picked until the following year?

The u17 and u20 grades are a joke in fairness. That extra year at u21 level would be so much more beneficial for a player trying to establish himself at senior level and it does far more to retain lads playing the game.

square_ball

I was nearly sure I'd heard about a conflict between schools and counties a few months back. Tyrone mustn't have wanted or needed an exemption to play lads that are involved in school competitions. Must be why those you named haven't been involved as yet.

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2020/01/22/news/ulster-schools-react-angrily-to-gaa-relaxing-u20-eligibility-rules-1820645/

ULSTER Schools have reacted angrily to the GAA's decision to allow counties leeway on a rule to give schools priority on players ahead of inter-county U20 squads, which could lead to a potential clash for players on St Patrick's Day.

The GAA had imposed a rule in November that "players involved in the 'A' and 'B' post-primary football championships are ineligible to play for their county team until such time as their school has been eliminated from its own championship".

However, following an original representation from Fermanagh claiming that they could not field an U20 team without their 13 school-tied players, the GAA granted an exemption and permitted other counties to apply for the same.

"As a result, 17 counties applied for, and have been granted, that exemption, and other counties have been told that they can apply this week," Ulster Schools' secretary Seamus Woods told schools in an email on Monday night.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Angelo on March 04, 2020, 09:01:42 AM

Not that I'm aware as I think both are overage for minor (u17) now but I'm open to correction? Is it just an internal policy whereby players who are just out of minor aren't picked until the following year?

The u17 and u20 grades are a joke in fairness. That extra year at u21 level would be so much more beneficial for a player trying to establish himself at senior level and it does far more to retain lads playing the game.
Think there was an issue with the CBS players, Oran Grimes (on the panel last year) and Daniel Fullerton were let go off the panel to play with their school. That could also be the case with some Holy Trinity and Academy players.

GlenMan

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on March 04, 2020, 10:00:18 AM

Think there was an issue with the CBS players, Oran Grimes (on the panel last year) and Daniel Fullerton were let go off the panel to play with their school. That could also be the case with some Holy Trinity and Academy players.

The Schools/U20 clash seems to have been a complete balls up. Players being forced to drop off to play for their Schools. Although Tarlach Quinn remained on the panel (came on against Antrim) even though he played for Holy Trinity in the MacRory.

toby47

Quote from: GlenMan on March 04, 2020, 10:13:50 AM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on March 04, 2020, 10:00:18 AM

The Schools/U20 clash seems to have been a complete balls up. Players being forced to drop off to play for their Schools. Although Tarlach Quinn remained on the panel (came on against Antrim) even though he played for Holy Trinity in the MacRory.

Can't play for your county u20's until your school football is over. So basically if a MacRory team was beat & knocked out of the competition, the players are available to play for their county u20's the next day.

Complete balls of a rule