TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Looking forward to the return of the Peaky Blinders on the 15th. Might watch the last episode of season 3 again to get a recap.

Main Street

Tin Can - beyond corny, defines the term 'what a waste of time'.

diegoforlan1

Has any1 saw American Horror story or Mr Robot?? Any use..!

An Watcher

Watched the Gunpowder show on iPlayer.  Very good altho it ended sharp enough.
Up to date with Mr Mercedes on RTE.  Bit slow but enough happening to keep you interested.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on November 03, 2017, 01:26:17 PM
Tin Can - beyond corny, defines the term 'what a waste of time'.
Tin Can or Tin Star?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

lurganblue

Watched the second episode of this series of the walking dead last night.  It is already beginning to annoy me.  The long scenes of nothing but people's faces, the endless shooting of high powered weapons with little happening and the complete rubbish spoken by "The King".  I hate to give up on something that i have invested so much time in but it looks like I may have to.

screenexile

Finished the Deuce last night. . . you're expecting it to finish like every other TV series you watch with a big finale setting things up for the next season but then you remember it's David Simon and that's not how it goes.

It's very good, so many stories connected to eachother with great acting and very harrowing at times as well. Excellent but be warned it's very graphic!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: lurganblue on November 07, 2017, 09:51:19 AM
Watched the second episode of this series of the walking dead last night.  It is already beginning to annoy me.  The long scenes of nothing but people's faces, the endless shooting of high powered weapons with little happening and the complete rubbish spoken by "The King".  I hate to give up on something that i have invested so much time in but it looks like I may have to.

Yeah, its rubbish.
strangely addictive, but complete rubbish.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

JoG2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 07, 2017, 10:53:59 AM

Yeah, its rubbish.

I've said it before, but that's me done with it...christ it's poor

Watched episode 1 of Mr Mercedes...mad first hour. Gleeson is brilliant

laoislad

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 07, 2017, 10:53:59 AM

Yeah, its rubbish.
Fear the Walking Dead is probably better than it now imo.
I'll still stay watching it though..well as long as Maggie is in it anyhow..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

WT4E

Where could I watch No Stone on Turned?

Will it be in normal Cinemas or is it too controversial?

J70

I've been sticking with it, but growing steadily more disinterested.

I think the piece in the first episode where Negan was prancing around, throwing shapes and spouting his over the top bullshit, with 30 automatic weapons aimed at him and no shot taken, put me over the edge.

On the bright side, the new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm is absolutely hilarious! If it keeps up the standard of the first four episodes, could be the best season yet.

screenexile

Quote from: WT4E on November 07, 2017, 11:48:45 AM
Where could I watch No Stone on Turned?

Will it be in normal Cinemas or is it too controversial?

https://sluggerotoole.com/2017/11/02/no-stone-unturned-a-film-that-finally-lifts-the-loughinisland-stones-the-ruc-wouldnt-touch/

A screening later this week in Loughinisland will precede the film's general release from Friday 10 November in the Queen's Film Theatre as well as selected cinemas in the Movie House and Omniplex chains.

Hound

Quote from: Boycey on November 02, 2017, 01:50:45 PM
Quote from: Hound on November 02, 2017, 01:43:12 PM
Breaking Bad on Netflix - only Season 5 Ep 9 and onwards seems to be available for me. Is that the same for everyone?
Problem for me as I'm only half way through Season 4!

Yeah, had a quick look there that's all I can see either, strange..
According to boards.ie, posters said all the early series were gone from Ireland but it was still available in the UK.

Someone rang up Netflix and was told it was a "licensing issue" and given no more information. People took this as meaning that RTE or TV3 had bought the rights for Ireland.

But as of last night, people are saying it's back.  I had checked yesterday at about 5pm and it wasn't back, but hopefully it'll be there when I get home!

Probably impacts on only a tiny amount of people who are this late to the party!