TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

A bit late but Louis Theroux was superb again tonight.

Canalman

Yeah , saw the Theroux programme.

Knew very little about autism and was a eyeopener. Terribly tough on the parents.

Croí na hÉireann

Was a tough watch alright, hard to hear one of the parents say that they get no entertainment or joy from their kids, an unbearable life really. Entertaining watching Louis being out of his comfort zone though.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Hardy

I didn't see this, but am I alone in  finding Louis a very creepy character?

Billys Boots

Quote from: Hardy on April 20, 2012, 03:55:23 PM
I didn't see this, but am I alone in  finding Louis a very creepy character?

Is that not the whole point of the show?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

5 Sams

Quote from: thewobbler on April 19, 2012, 04:06:59 PM
Breaking Bad is immense. Starts well, but gets better with each series too. So wonderfully dark. I'd put it above Sopranos, by a nose. But a bit behind the Wire.

Good shout Wobbs..Really enjoyed it...very original....but it would need to get much better to get to Sopranos level.
The Aristocrat Years

Denn Forever

Is the lead the guy who played the Dad in Malcolm in the Middle?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

oisinog

touch on sky 1 is a quality show

Billys Boots

Friday evening shout - do not miss 'The Bridge' on BBC4 on Saturday night at 9 (I think).  You will be doing yourself a biiiig favour.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ludermor

Anyone have any links to downloads with english sub, some of the downloads are over 20gb but the comments suggest they dont have english subs

Eamonnca1

Breaking Bad is immense. Starts well, but gets better with each series too. So wonderfully dark. I'd put it above Sopranos, by a nose. But a bit behind the Wire.

I watched the first episode and saw no reason to watch the second.

Eamonnca1

Have I mentioned Boston Legal?  It's a sin that they cancelled that show. A worthy successor to The Practice, even if it's a completely different genre.

Did anyone ever watch Twin Peaks way back?  I didn't, but I remember the Radio 1 DJs making a big deal about it.  I just watched the first episode there today.  Might persevere with it. It's a bit slow but sufficiently weird to keep me interested. I love the haunting music.

ballinaman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 23, 2012, 07:20:54 AM

I watched the first episode and saw no reason to watch the second.
;D Shocking mistake to make!

Denn Forever

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 20, 2012, 04:50:00 PM
Friday evening shout - do not miss 'The Bridge' on BBC4 on Saturday night at 9 (I think).  You will be doing yourself a biiiig favour.

Thanks.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggy90

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 23, 2012, 03:10:33 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on April 20, 2012, 04:50:00 PM

Thanks.

+1, brilliant.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered