TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on January 16, 2018, 10:52:59 PM
Spiral season 6 now on BBC4 and iPlayer. (French with subtitles)

And still very, very good.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

lurganblue

So far i am enjoying Godless. It's a bit of a slow burner but i have a soft spot for a western. Jeff Daniels is excellent as the villain. A real nasty bastid.

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on December 30, 2017, 12:46:32 AM
Black Mirror knocking it out of the park again!

On the 4th episode here and it's as innovative and sharp as ever!!
Have only watched the first two episodes so far. Loved the first episode. 2nd episode wasn't great though I thought.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

bennydorano

Gorged on Gomorrah S3, superb again. It's in my Top 3 of all time, quite possibly #1. They might struggle to maintain the high standards in S4 imo.

JimStynes

It took me a few days to get over the last episode. I was ripping. No other show comes close at the minute

bennydorano

The last scene had a don't walk down by the scary graveyard vibe, there was never any good coming from it!

themac_23

Quote from: bennydorano on February 04, 2018, 09:06:22 PM
Gorged on Gomorrah S3, superb again. It's in my Top 3 of all time, quite possibly #1. They might struggle to maintain the high standards in S4 imo.

was looking a new series to watch with the Mrs at night, seen this supposed to be a good watch, is it subtitled?

bennydorano

Yes subtitled. Fairly gritty & intense stuff.

Boycey

Anybody Stateside catch the premiere of Homeland last night? I'm wondering whether to fire up the old Kodi box or just wait til RTE show it later in the week..

Syferus

I was surprised when I saw a promo for the new season of Homeland, it felt like a show that had ended years ago.

Boycey

It lost its mojo in the last couple of series but still watchable

Megaman

aye not as good as previously but still watchable

Started to watch Gomorrah without realising it was subtitled, couldn't watch it, dont know how anyone can enjoy tv that is fully subtitled.

gallsman

Quote from: Megaman on February 13, 2018, 08:04:43 AM

Started to watch Gomorrah without realising it was subtitled, couldn't watch it, dont know how anyone can enjoy tv that is fully subtitled.

Ruling yourself out from watching some of the best TV (not to say movies) of the last 10/15 years with that approach.

Personally, I find subtitles make me more attentive to a show as I'm not checking my phone or sending a text due to having to pay attention. It takes a momentary glance to read a subtitle, don't think it's a distraction at all.

mrdeeds

Started Manhunt Unabomber. Very good so far. Paul Bethany excellent in it.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Megaman on February 13, 2018, 08:04:43 AM

You're missing out on The Bridge, The Killing, Spiral and Gomorrah off the top of my head.
Where do you stand on black and white??  ;D