Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

I don't know who is paid higher? That's why I wouldn't go about saying Mickey is taking a stash of cash when I don't know if he is or not.

Let's be clear Mickeys time is up. We need a new approach.

But let's not get into opinions or hearsay to tarnish the mans legacy. There is nothing on the Tyrone GAA accounts to suggest he is getting obscene expenses.
Living the dream!!!

square_ball

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 02, 2020, 12:43:02 PM
Fair play to Mckernan for shutting Brolly up.

I don't think that's the end of it. Brolly will no doubt have a few things to say in his columns over the next few weeks.

Taylor

Quote from: square_ball on November 02, 2020, 12:59:32 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 02, 2020, 12:43:02 PM
Fair play to Mckernan for shutting Brolly up.

I don't think that's the end of it. Brolly will no doubt have a few things to say in his columns over the next few weeks.

Will he though?
Maybe he will just let sleeping dogs lie.

As for McGuinness taking over - please please no.
If we thought we were defensive now then imagine if he is in

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 02, 2020, 11:35:36 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2020, 11:23:02 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on November 02, 2020, 11:19:34 AM
What would be the point in giving harte one or even two more years? Nothing will change and we will have wasted yet more time and more talent. It's a fuckin disgrace that we are letting mickey decide for himself when he should go. I wonder how MC curry feels this morning? Worked hard on his game, found a nice but of form, then gets taken off after looking a big threat. And 'petey' playing pure shite and stays on.

Who would you give the job to?
I think we need to put together a team of men. A good manager, good coaches, get Peter Donnelly back for s/c.

Who though?

If you're agitating for Harte to go then there must be people in mind you have?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Ty4Sam on November 02, 2020, 12:26:34 PM
I would imagine Harte is the highest paid inter-county coach, maybe I'm wrong? If that is the case and the county board are prepared to continue paying such wages that means that everyone is within range, financially wise. The decision will come down to whether the proposed manager wants it for other reasons. What reasons would McGuinness not take the job if approached? Would it be because its a neighbouring county? Also, why would Tyrone not put the feelers out to see if he was interested, would be criminal not to.

Of course all of this discussion is hypothetical as the county board and delegates may decide to stick with Harte. A mistake in my eyes, the county is crying out for a fresh outlook albeit no success is guaranteed. Another point, in the absense of physical county board meetings this could hold up the process at a time when we could be preparing for next year.

Not a chance Harte would be close to what James Horan is getting going by the grapevine.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 02, 2020, 11:52:34 AM
O Rourke, MC Guinness, Rochford, canavan, Logan, dooher, Holmes,  tally, Ricey, MC gleenan. I'm sure we could put together an excellent team from that group.

O'Rourke has taken the Glen job next year?

Could we afford McGuinness. Can't see it?

Very few of the rest have the credentials for the job and most of them are associated with dour, negative game Harte has been panned for in recent years.

I'm all for a prospective change but there are very few enticing options there.

The likes of McGleenan, Ricey and Tally are hardly worth getting excited over a new era of football?

southtyronegael

I think we need a headline manager then the likes of Ricey, tally, MC gleenan etc as coaches.kerry have Maurice Fitzgerald coaching, mayo have Ciaran MC Donald, Dublin have Jason Sherlock. All forwards, all legends in their counties and nationally. We have Gavin Devlin. Explains alot.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 02, 2020, 02:35:31 PM
I think we need a headline manager then the likes of Ricey, tally, MC gleenan etc as coaches.kerry have Maurice Fitzgerald coaching, mayo have Ciaran MC Donald, Dublin have Jason Sherlock. All forwards, all legends in their counties and nationally. We have Gavin Devlin. Explains alot.

That's fine but who should be the next Tyrone manager?

Not some big name on a ticket. Who should be the next Tyrone manager? Malachy O'Rourke is out of contention, it's highly unlikely we'd afford a Jim McGuinness type appointment and I'd say we are unlikely to go for an outside choice in any case.

So it's a simple question, who do you think should be the next Tyrone manager? If you're agitating so much for Harte to go you must have a clear person you want in mind, not a list of guys on a ticket.

southtyronegael

Well you start with a list and work through who wants it, who we can afford. I'm sure o Rourke could be tempted away from glen if the price was right.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 02, 2020, 03:34:20 PM
Well you start with a list and work through who wants it, who we can afford. I'm sure o Rourke could be tempted away from glen if the price was right.

Prizing club managers away if the price is right? That's some departure from your reasonings for giving Harte dogs abuse, you really are a bit of complete slimeball in the personal attacks you dish out people who give a lot to GAA in Tyrone.

If you want Harte out so much then surely you have realistic prime candidate in place? Who is it? If you can't put it up then shut your trap.

bigtogs

I have asked a lot of men today if Harte resigns who replaces him?? The list is not Long between us All... We maybe thought Would Ricey/Joe McMahon working with Harte be an option....

southtyronegael

Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2020, 03:36:54 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on November 02, 2020, 03:34:20 PM

Prizing club managers away if the price is right? That's some departure from your reasonings for giving Harte dogs abuse, you really are a bit of complete slimeball in the personal attacks you dish out people who give a lot to GAA in Tyrone.

If you want Harte out so much then surely you have realistic prime candidate in place? Who is it? If you can't put it up then shut your trap.
harte has took as much from Tyrone gaa as he has give. Right now I'd let any **** manage the team just to get rid of harte and his boring, conservative attitude and his fuckin selfish, ego driven power trip.

southtyronegael

Here's my starting point. Anyone with harte as a surname should get fuckin chased from garvaghy and told not to come back.

Angelo

Quote from: bigtogs on November 02, 2020, 03:44:09 PM
I have asked a lot of men today if Harte resigns who replaces him?? The list is not Long between us All... We maybe thought Would Ricey/Joe McMahon working with Harte be an option....

There's no standout candidate though.

Look at Harte before he got the Tyrone gig.

Multiple Ulster and All Ireland titles at minor and u21. Club Championship with Errigal, Ulster Championship with Errigal.

There's no candidate like that about now. There's a few guys basically being mentioned on a ticket but there's no standout candidate within the county. Malachy O'Rourke would have been the most obvious choice (even though he's a Fermanagh man) as he lives in Ballygawley and has a good track record behind him.

I can't see Canavan giving up his TV gig for it, he'd be mad to and he's been out of the management for too long.

There's very limited managerial experience with the 03-08 sides. Ricey is cutting his teeth with Fermanagh now but has to prove himself, Collie Holmes has had mixed results with the Tyrone underage teams and as far as I know the rest of those teams are merely just selectors in any management role they have taken on.

Logan has the AI U21 title to his name but has he had any managerial role since then? McGleenan had a horrow show with Cavan. Tally has to prove himself with Down first, he's not really done anything of note there yet for the Tyrone job. Dinky McBride had some success at underage with Monaghan but surely he'd have been ahead of Banty for that job last year if he was rated.

There hasn't really been anyone on the club scene who has significantly stood out.

So fair enough agitating for change but unless we have an upgrade then what's the point.

Ideally someone like Canavan has the aura and you can tell from his punditry that he is an astute reader of the game but I genuinely think he's not that interested in management right now.

Stan

not convinced that harte should get another 3 years - pretty sure though that the county secretary shouldn't be getting 50,000 a year...particularly at the current time, ridiculous that he's being paid at all.

canavan would be the logical choice for next manager, partnering logan / dooher or similar...mcgleenan maybe.

onfield problem won't be properly sorted until the county board is sorted