Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smort

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 30, 2023, 07:33:02 AM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on September 29, 2023, 10:33:03 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 29, 2023, 06:18:14 PMCarrickmore have dispensed with Archie Beattie. I'm sure he feels very let down by the players but the writing was on the wall after the Loughmacrory defeat. I'd imagine our next manager will be from within the club
Who would be the candidates for the job?

The problem is I don't think there is too many from within, like most clubs they have tried and tested alot of the potential 'managers'. Michael Gallagher seems to have good experience as a coach with youth/county teams so Im sure his name will be in the hat. Personally I feel an outside man is still required who has a proven track record, they are hard come by at the moment (especially at the right money).  Clubs are being crippled by managers & coaches charging £150/200 a night unless they have a sugar daddy covering the expenses. 

Will be an interesting winter none the less.

This is unsustainable. GAA have to do something about it
Imagine what clubs could be doing with the money being invested into managers and backroom staff

marty34

Quote from: smort on September 30, 2023, 07:59:25 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 29, 2023, 06:18:14 PMCarrickmore have dispensed with Archie Beattie. I'm sure he feels very let down by the players but the writing was on the wall after the Loughmacrory defeat. I'd imagine our next manager will be from within the club

The problem is I don't think there is too many from within, like most clubs they have tried and tested alot of the potential 'managers'. Michael Gallagher seems to have good experience as a coach with youth/county teams so Im sure his name will be in the hat. Personally I feel an outside man is still required who has a proven track record, they are hard come by at the moment (especially at the right money).  Clubs are being crippled by managers & coaches charging £150/200 a night unless they have a sugar daddy covering the expenses. 

Imagine what clubs could be doing with the money being invested into managers and backroom staff

The problem with this is that I hear everybody saying this.  No one disagrees with the sentiment

BUT who is actually standing up in the clubs at the AGMs and saying this is wrong and stopping it?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: marty34 on September 30, 2023, 08:04:33 AM

The problem with this is that I hear everybody saying this.  No one disagrees with the sentiment

BUT who is actually standing up in the clubs at the AGMs and saying this is wrong and stopping it?

Club funding should be ploughed into the youth and facilities, not mercenaries out to make a quick pound in an envelope every month.

Clubs have created this market and most senior clubs now expect or demand outside management. Something pure about your best against our best. Will be interesting to see how many outside management teams lift silverware this season.
Living the dream!!!

redzone

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 30, 2023, 08:50:18 AM

Club funding should be ploughed into the youth and facilities, not mercenaries out to make a quick pound in an envelope every month.

Clubs have created this market and most senior clubs now expect or demand outside management. Something pure about your best against our best. Will be interesting to see how many outside management teams lift silverware this season.
How many clubs are actually paying these  managers. Is it not third party's connected to the club. I heard before when Porter was with Dromore the players chipped intogether although the cost now would be a lot more than 10years ago.
Imagine paying Lenny Harbinson any sort of money to play a hand passing game that Omagh played.
Gallagher a good shout there for the Carmen job

TabClear

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on September 29, 2023, 09:57:18 PMCookstown haven't changed much over the years- a pack of thugs

What were the red cards for? TV stream didn't have it and the commentators had no clue. Had no impact on the result anyway, Think both were in injury time. Drumragh did well to weather a poor start to the 2nd half. Looked like cookstown  were going to turn it round.

Will be an interesting final. Fintona have some serious pace through the team  but Drumragh have provably a stronger panel judging by their bench options last night.

WT4E

Not sure what they where for but if I was to guess I'd say mullin could have abused the ref as drumragh scored a goal after an attack cookstown felt they should of had a free. He seemed to be close to the ref at that stage.

Mcgahan was off camera and ref not near it AFAIK and as he wasn't long on and hadn't even put as much as a tackle in striking may be one of the only things I could think of.

Gilmore a bit lucky too as seemed to be leaving alot in After the ball including knees.

Wildweasel74

Cookstown got no excuse to be playing Junior fball, place is massive, one time they were producing some of the strongest underage teams in Tyrone in the 90's, how they fallen so far away. Lads spend more time playing soccer, in the bar, town full of drugs, the drop out rate from underage level is 60/70%

RedHand88

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 30, 2023, 12:23:02 PMCookstown got no excuse to be playing Junior fball, place is massive, one time they were producing some of the strongest underage teams in Tyrone in the 90's, how they fallen so far away. Lads spend more time playing soccer, in the bar, town full of drugs, the drop out rate from underage level is 60/70%

"Old man yells at cloud" vibes off this. Do young country people not go to the pub at the weekend?

NotedObserver

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 30, 2023, 01:03:48 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 30, 2023, 12:23:02 PMCookstown got no excuse to be playing Junior fball, place is massive, one time they were producing some of the strongest underage teams in Tyrone in the 90's, how they fallen so far away. Lads spend more time playing soccer, in the bar, town full of drugs, the drop out rate from underage level is 60/70%

"Old man yells at cloud" vibes off this. Do young country people not go to the pub at the weekend?

Lazy reasons for drop out. Club personality's and work reasons much more to do with it

Tyrone Gaa

Reasons above are genuine concerns for all clubs, rural or towns.  can't just be aimed at Cookstown. They look to have good youth coming, but they have had a discipline issue this 10 years + back to when McKeever was in charge and subsequently walked away.

Drug use is hiding in plain sight everywhere, it's something nobody wishes to challenge.

Living the dream!!!

Tyrone Gaa

On another note, clonoe powering ahead in intermediate, brushed aside a poor Aghyaran side, I expected more from Aghyaran but Clonoe handled them with ease.

They are 1st into the business end of the intermediate championship without a glove laid on them.
Living the dream!!!

Mikhailov

Are you suggesting that all internal managements are doing it for free?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Mikhailov on September 30, 2023, 03:18:45 PM

Are you suggesting that all internal managements are doing it for free?

I've never heard of any being paid, would be interested to hear of those that are.
Living the dream!!!

Eire90

a lot of jobs these days are not 9 to 5 so people will eventually give up playing.

PMG1

Anyone having trouble getting TyroneGaa TV for the trillick Edendork game?