Casement Park

Started by pointlad, July 16, 2011, 10:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pointlad

Was at the game good and early expecting to get a covered seat around 6 tonight-an hour before throw in and was about to go up the stairs to the stand when a number of the Frontline security men used heavy handed tactics (the 2nd time I have heard about after their depisode against a member of press last week in Pairc Esler when they are never seen about the place untill last weeks game) to refuse entry to everyone even ticket holders by slamming the door in their face. This caused uproar among the ticket holders and when returning to the turnstiles to get our money back the supervisor didnt seem interested and then the stile operater in the stile we went through refused numerous times to refund us to get to the terrace as he "didnt remember us" passing though. But in the end we got a refund. This was a serious lack of communication between the ulster council and security/ stewards as ticket holders should of had their seats reserved first before anyone who only just paid on the day and these stewards and "supervisors" who dont have a notion how to deal with people. But it wasnt helped by the fact that 2 whole sections were blocked of in the stand for health and safety. That stadium should have even hosted the game as its badly in need of a makeover and staff retraining.

armaghniac

If were at DOwn v Antrim then you can hardly blame the Ulster council, as it wasn't their fixture.

Casement may get its makeover, not sure about staff training!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Minder

You should have at least given the turnstile operator a chance to get the money out of his pocket.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pointlad

Quote from: armaghniac on July 16, 2011, 10:16:55 PM
If were at DOwn v Antrim then you can hardly blame the Ulster council, as it wasn't their fixture.

Casement may get its makeover, not sure about staff training!

armaghniac- You must be be a steward for the ulster council if you are sticking up for them so much? ;) ulster council officials where in charge as all people had ulster council ID badges round there neck

Tony Baloney

Staffing at Casement has a terrible reputation and rightly so. Off The Fence in the IN regularly features their misdeeds, usually to do with disabled access, opening the gates for McCooey's etc.

ardtole

I have always preferred Clones as a venue. When Casement eventually gets renovated and stages the ulster final, it just wont be the same in my opinion. I know Clones has plenty of faults but I have been brought up with them, expect them and even enjoy them.

Leo

Just catching up with this thread after I posted this earlier....

• The constantly annoying annoucements about parked cars suggests that there was little co-operation between the GAA and local police or others to steward the area between Kennedy Way and the ground to prevent unwanted parking - surely some parking cones, signs and/or stewards on hand would have prevented this.

And the sooner they knock down the Colditz of a structure they call the stand in Casement the better - and hopefully they will decomission the bad-mannered stewards who loll about the place as well.

And, yes, give me Clones, warts & all, anytime - and I live in Belfast!
Fierce tame altogether

NP 76

Quote from: hardstation on July 17, 2011, 11:08:48 AM
Your ticket was for the "seated area", not the stand. You weren't there early enough to get into the stand. Tough shit.
Was the same price charged in for the seated area as the stand

NP 76

Thanks Hardstation . I also went early to get a covered seat which i did but its hardl fair to charge the same price in for un covered seats . On the case of the stewards i found them very helpful yesterday and pleasant no probelms with them at all . Why was the section on the rhs covered so no one could sit in it . Stadium badly needs up dated

Mourne Rover

The suggestion, unlikely as it may sound, is that both corners of the Casement main stand have been closed due to insurance difficulties over pigeon droppings. What is pretty clear is that the Antrim county board is not going to spend an extra penny maintaining the place until the full package for the new stadium is in place. That may be understandable, but there must be a serious danger that the stand, in its present state, would not pass a proper health and safety inspection.

aontroim

Nothing to do with pigeon droppings but rather the inspectors from Sports Stadia H&S in the council closing both ends - not suitable to hold the capacity that there are seats for, so they had to reduce capacity.  No point throwing scarce money away on upgrades when a complete rebuild is on the way.

SHEEDY

Quote from: aontroim on July 17, 2011, 02:35:07 PM
Nothing to do with pigeon droppings but rather the inspectors from Sports Stadia H&S in the council closing both ends - not suitable to hold the capacity that there are seats for, so they had to reduce capacity.  No point throwing scarce money away on upgrades when a complete rebuild is on the way.
complete rebuild on the way and not before time. worst facilities at a county ground iv seen in a long time. that stand needs demolished as soon as possible
nil satis nisi optimum

razor

When Casement is done it will be the best ground in Ulster.

I dont understand why the police have to fly over Casement during the game. It is a disgrace.

I now this has nothing to do with Casement but charging a student £13 into last nights game is an absolute farce from the Grab All Association.

Any wonder attendences are down at games.

Maguire01

No word on progress on the new stadium? I assume it still has to go through the planning process - is much opposition expected from local residents?

RadioGAAGAA

Are they still insisting on this "all-seater" bullshit?  >:(
i usse an speelchekor