Documentaries

Started by 5 Sams, July 14, 2013, 08:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Syferus on July 21, 2017, 02:15:34 AM
I'm sitting here laughing at the idea that I'm the troll in this equation.

Somebody posted the reasonable contention that George Best was Ireland's greatest player.
You responded that you didn't remember George Best ever playing for Ireland, which of course did not relate to his talent but was a play on words to try and claim that people from the 6 counties do not belong to Ireland.

Enjoy your laugh, if that is the kind of thing that amuses you.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

Zoo. Monkeys. Don't talk to them. They're not listening, only chattering to get your attention. If you do react, all you'll probably get from the interaction is a fistful of shite thrown at you.

magpie seanie

Yip. Was giving the benefit of the doubt there but obviously another empty vessel.

Kilkevan

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 21, 2017, 11:13:58 AM
Yip. Was giving the benefit of the doubt there but obviously another empty vessel.

Ssssstttttiiiiillllllllll going on about it!

Syferus

Season 2 of Last Chance U is out, focused on EMCC again. The first season was one of the best sports documentaries in a long time.

Captain Scarlet

It's good stuff in fairness. It gives a great insight to what it takes to even get a real sniff of the NFL too.
Like these lads haven't the cop (not fully their fault considering their lives) to go to class a bit and scrape a pass to get to the A division schools and then chat about big money in the pro game.

As an aside ESPN are doing a 30 for 30 on Ric Flair soon and it looks good in terms of him being a person. It's another mad world to get some insight into.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

macdanger2

Good documentary on rte just there, "children of the troubles" by Joe Duffy, very sad but worth watching

Harold Disgracey

Just stumbled across this after listening to an old Blindboy podcast. It's magnificent and was obviously banned at the time. Hang up your Brightest Colours - The Life of Michael Collins

https://youtu.be/jwNJ3aFZg44

redzone

Putin: a russian spy story
You can get it on catch up chanel 4

Main Street

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on April 03, 2020, 12:31:20 PM
Just stumbled across this after listening to an old Blindboy podcast. It's magnificent and was obviously banned at the time. Hang up your Brightest Colours - The Life of Michael Collins

https://youtu.be/jwNJ3aFZg44
That would be the one and only, the flamboyant Kenneth Griffiths. Much of his stuff was banned at the time.
One bobo though was in the 1916 rebellion, he gave account to one Britiah regiment losing half their number to a small IRA unit led by Dev.
As we all know, Dev did virtually  feck all during this rebellion, the untit in question near  Montpleasant bridge  was under a different leadership.

Eamonnca1

The English Game on Netflix. About the early days of soccer in England. Not a documentary, very much a period drama, but so far it tracks very well with the research I did on the origins of professional soccer for my book.

macdanger2

Unquiet Graves, the story of the Glennane Gang on RTÉ 1 ar the moment. Well worth watching

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Targetman

Would make your blood boil

FermGael

Highlights what Irish Catholics and nationalists in Northern Ireland were subjected to - and how we were basically abandoned..

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered