France v Ireland - Call It

Started by GaillimhIarthair, September 21, 2007, 02:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaillimhIarthair

Enough of the anthem, flag, newspaper crap, what do you think the result will be ?

Ireland 20 France 16  (I live in hope.................)

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ziggysego

Ireland to win by a last minute try and getting a bonus point ;)

I just have a feeling my in guts we're going to see a new Ireland team tonight, especially after O'Gara -v- The French Media ;)
Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

IRELAND-16   France-10

Won't be going to the bookies with that one though!  ;)
Tbc....

screenexile

Ireland 25 France 17!

My house on it  :P

bingobus

Quote from: ziggysego on September 21, 2007, 02:31:27 PM
Ireland to win by a last minute try and getting a bonus point ;)

I just have a feeling my in guts we're going to see a new Ireland team tonight, especially after O'Gara -v- The French Media ;)

Are the  ;) to cover your ass in case you are miles off. Bluffer  ;D

I'm strangly optimistic for no other reason than the French have so much pressure on them. They can't afford to lose and they haven't been firing on all cylinders either. Ireland will need to find their top form though and while the defence has been sound to date, it is the attack and kicking that needs to make the step up. Big games coming from O'Driscoll and Darcy and ROG to kick the french all over the pitch. Ireland by 4.

Or we could get hammered out the gate by an inspired French team with a passionate crowd behind them  ;)

naka

france by 15 points
ireland to go out

maddog

Is it just me or is 9/2 a crazy price on Ireland?

An Lark

I'm not optimistic at all.

Think we might get another hammering.

Hope to hell I'm wrong. First 15 minutes will tell a lot.

full back

I think the price is justified considering the Irish form
Heart hopes for an Irish victory
Head says beat by at least 12

ziggysego

Quote from: bingobus on September 21, 2007, 02:40:17 PM
Are the  ;) to cover your ass in case you are miles off. Bluffer  ;D

Too right. The ;) is there so I can go "I was joking" if we lose.

If we win, I'll brag how I was right :D

;)
Testing Accessibility

magpie seanie

I don't really know enough about rugby to call it with any conviction. Based on results to date you'd have to say France would win by 20.

That said if we can keep it tight for the first 15 minutes and even get ahead then we have a savage chance of winning. I think Chabal in the second row is a bad choice for them. I think (talented and all as he is) Michalak is highly suspect. Reddan will be a big plus to our game from what I'm led to believe.

So some cause for hope. I am eyeing France minus the handicap (14) but its probably a "no bet".

Gun to head - France 30, Ireland 17.

Hoof Hearted

If the real Ireland turn up, i.e v England @ Croke Park, 2nd half v France @ Croke Park or last years Autumn internationals then we will win by 7 - if all the the rumours are the real reason for the 2 poor performances so far - beat by 20+ !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

illdecide

Has anyone got the offical odds for the game as France have to be red hot favourites, (i do hope Ireland beats them, but can't see it)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

amallon

France but I don't expect Ireland to roll over and die. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.