Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Orchard park on August 30, 2018, 07:13:24 PM
Horgan will price himself out of it exactly like Mcstay did 3 years ago and then blame co board for not appointing him...
Maybe their new Commercial manager might raise enough to hire Kevin this time ;D
And to think the Biffos have rubbed their noses in it by getting Commandant Tan.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Wildweasel74

Coen could play full bck if given 2 league one runs in that position!

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on August 30, 2018, 07:27:04 PM
Horgan will price himself out of it exactly like Mcstay did 3 years ago and then blame co board for not appointing him...

How was the Breaffy and Ballintubber lads having a hissy fit at the idea of Liam McHale coaching them because he said mean things about them in the papers McStay pricing himself out of the job?

The money men were there regardless so if you really believe Mayo couldn't fund McStay's plans when they had two of the highest-priced mercs in the sport in Buckley and McEntee under Rochford then I really don't know what to say. The brother of the vice chairman/heir-apparent won the job in that 'contest' it should be remembered..

Mcstays plans in Mayo were much more than what Roscommon are funding.

He priced himself out if a similar role in Lapis from memory also.

Issues with McHale existed but the Hollymount man insisted no county coukd fund what Mcstay proposed .

I would think he personally may be getting more under the table in Ross. But there is no money there for rolling out plans.

Christ 3 years later we don't have a defence 

You are right re Mcentee but Donie Buckley is far from biggest charger around. The kevin project was much much costlier

And the brother did a good job even ifthe breaffy boys said no

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on August 30, 2018, 08:09:22 PM

How was the Breaffy and Ballintubber lads having a hissy fit at the idea of Liam McHale coaching them because he said mean things about them in the papers McStay pricing himself out of the job?

The money men were there regardless so if you really believe Mayo couldn't fund McStay's plans when they had two of the highest-priced mercs in the sport in Buckley and McEntee under Rochford then I really don't know what to say. The brother of the vice chairman/heir-apparent won the job in that 'contest' it should be remembered..

Issues with McHale existed but the Hollymount man insisted no county coukd fund what Mcstay proposed .

I would think he personally may be getting more under the table in Ross. But there is no money there for rolling out plans.

You are right re Mcentee but Donie Buckley is far from biggest charger around. The kevin project was much much costlier

Please stop making a thread about Mayo about your agenda against Kevin McStay.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: joemamas on August 30, 2018, 01:29:26 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 30, 2018, 12:19:50 PM
Stephen coen will be an all star .

Larry why do you make such daft statements.Also why throw a specific players name out there.

The lad tries hard, but .....

Good job you left it at that.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on August 30, 2018, 08:26:29 PM

No agenda against Kevin at all. Unlike you I know him and unlike you he will admigbhe was overly ambitiousvin hisvKayo proposals, and it's his biggest regret in football not getting the gig. His words not yours or mine.....

So when you climb down from the rectum of someone who doesn't even know you,  you should see this is about a potential Mayo manager who failed in the past to get the job.   
I have no agenda against him, will analyse his management of my native county,  I do believe he had totally underachievied in Roscommon, that his knowledge of football is not as good as he believes it to be , and that preparation for the last 2 years had been basically shite but this could  be down to lack of funding, inexperience or working with a poor over rated player pool.

The next 10 months will tell us loads as time for exvuses is over , that's if he is still managing us

weareros

rodney trotter

There was no real consistency in Mayo under Rochford. Mayo struggled in the League in each of his 3 years, just about stayed up. They lost to Galway 3 years in a row . Then stuttered through the qualifiers but upped it come the Semi final stages ,running Dublin close in 2017 and 2017 in the All Ireland final.

It was probaly a team that peaked before he took over anyway. Mayo looked at their best around 2014.

Orchard park

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 30, 2018, 08:48:16 PM
There was no real consistency in Mayo under Rochford. Mayo struggled in the League in each of his 3 years, just about stayed up. They lost to Galway 3 years in a row . Then stuttered through the qualifiers but upped it come the Semi final stages ,running Dublin close in 2017 and 2017 in the All Ireland final.

It was probaly a team that peaked before he took over anyway. Mayo looked at their best around 2014.

Horgan  blewt heir best chances no matter what shite he spouts on Sky

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on August 30, 2018, 08:38:41 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 30, 2018, 08:26:29 PM

No agenda against Kevin at all. Unlike you k know him and unlike you he will admigbhe was overly ambitiousvin hisvKayo proposals, and it's his biggest regret in football not getting the gig. His words not yours or mine.....

So when you climb down from the rectum of someone who doesn't even know you,  you should see this is about a potential Mayo manager who failed in the past to get the job.    I have no agenda against him, I do believe he had totally underachievied in Roscommon, that his knowledge of football is not ad good as he believes it to be , and that preparation for the last 2 years had been basically shite bug tuis foukc bevfown yo lavk of funding, inecprtience or working wiyh a poor over rated player pool.

The next 10 months will tell us loads as time for exvusesvis ovrr , that's if he is still managing us

What the actual f**k.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 30, 2018, 06:57:30 PM
Horan always seems to get a free ride from many Mayo fans, he made several big mistakes too mainly the lack of dealing with Donaghy which cost Mayo an All Ireland in 2014. He might have won 4 Connacht titles in a row but he was up against one of the most ill prepared and rudderless Galways teams in a long time whilst Roscommon weren't much better yet still managed to run Mayo close twice during that time and think Sligo weren't too far away in the Connacht Final in either 11 or 12. I'm not knocking him, he's clearly a good manager but he missed huge opportunities when the Dubs were their for the taking in 13 and in 14 when Mayo were a better side than Kerry and had the game won the first day.

You're on the two sides of the road there Manc, old stock.

Orchard park

Read it again  young lad. f**king tab errors all corrected

Rossfan

So if Jimmy Mc is out and Horan is out while Tan is gone to the Boglands......... only O'Mahony or McStay left.
I'd expect the latter to seriously consider it as Ros have gone down hill since July 2017. The CB hasn't a pot to piss in to enable him to swallow his pride and hire the expertise he needs.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Maurice Sheridan, poacher Willie Joe padden, Michael fitzmauice and Sean Burke would all get it before mcstay .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .