Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: bannside on November 27, 2017, 11:16:12 AM
Should add that Randalstown were managed by their senior manager Damien Scotchy Hagan who is one of our own clubmen in Portglenone, having moved here a good few years from Moortown, having played for Tyrone for many years.

He is just one of five Casements clubmen who are managing presently at other clubs!

You said that like it was a badge of honour BS?

JimStynes

One of 5 earning money from other clubs or free of charge?

country bumpkin

Quote from: NAG1 on November 27, 2017, 12:55:40 PM
Should add that Randalstown were managed by their senior manager Damien Scotchy Hagan who is one of our own clubmen in Portglenone, having moved here a good few years from Moortown, having played for Tyrone for many years.

He is just one of five Casements clubmen who are managing presently at other clubs!

You said that like it was a badge of honour BS?
Yep BS does tend to nail the saffron and black to the mast...and sometimes economical with facts...

Tir na Nog are indeed a good side and Scotchy aided by Oran Mc Neilly are a fine management duo......but in fact the Blues were on the wrong side of a 1-13 to 0-09 reversal at Hannahstow in the grading round. ;)

bannside

I stand corrected on that scoreline. On the issue of payment, havent a clue who is getting what. What clubs haven't paid anyone to date. There can't be many left that haven't offered at some stage.

If a club makes a generous offer to reimburse you for your services, should you turn it down? Would you?

bogieman

Quote from: bannside on November 27, 2017, 02:19:48 PM
I stand corrected on that scoreline. On the issue of payment, havent a clue who is getting what. What clubs haven't paid anyone to date. There can't be many left that haven't offered at some stage.

If a club makes a generous offer to reimburse you for your services, should you turn it down? Would you?

You're not allowed, simple.
Easy thing to fudge it when coin is involved.
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Na Glinntí Glasa

disappointing for our lads. they played for 50mins and then the last 10 it fell apart. Hit the cross bar and missed two other goal chances cost us big time.

No complaints at the end up, they got the goals when it mattered. the first put them 1-07 to 0-09 up and the more we pushed we made mistakes and they broke and got the second.

Its actually our first ever U21 final and they only lose 1 or 2 for next year.

Great facilities BS, top notch pitch for this time of the year.
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

Great to see Dunloy showing real promise with the big ball. Obvious lot of work has been done there and of course you have Shean Elliott to come into that panel as well as Cathair Mc Guigan  who caught my eye at HB in last year's minor final. Hopefully those players will come back good and hungry next year for a crack at the A.

Regarding facilities yea we are well pleased. Thanks.

imtommygunn

Dunloy have always had very good footballers. It's managing the dual thing they seem to struggle with.

rogercasement

[/tt]

5? Scotchy mckeever Madden who else big kidd?

bannside

Yes Kidd at Ballerin...and Brian Burns at Bryansford. That's the former Down full back with 2 All Ireland medals . Married and settled here for 10 years now. Also (along with John Mc Keever) doing great work with our juveniles.

Welcome on board. Youve waited quite a while for your first post.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 27, 2017, 09:28:48 PM
Dunloy have always had very good footballers. It's managing the dual thing they seem to struggle with.

its hard to keep a fine balance at minor to U21 to senior level for both codes as the demands on the players is massive compared to a single code club. The majority of them lads have played minor hurling and football, U21 Hurling and football as well as county and schools on top of the that. the older lads have played senior hurling and football all year as well and are currently training with Antrim senior hurlers.

I know we lost the Minor B, U21b and intermediate finals but its more encouraging that we have made all of them along with wining the U16b county title. Thats 4 County finals as well as the 3 County finals in the hurling (Minor, U21 & Senior) so all in its been a very good year.

i dont think we struggle at all, its just not easy to win them all!  ;D
hurl like f**k boi!

Pjoe

I see from twitter Lenny was presenting at Convention last night. Anyone see the presentation or hear any feedback from the clubs?

bannside

I was there PJoe.  Lenny presented really well and urged club delegates to get behind the county team and encourage players to make themselves available. He came across as very organised and articulate (no surprises there) and has a plan for how he hopes to deliver it.

It's important the whole county gets behind him now. Though I was a strong advocate for JMKs bid, I also see a lot to like about what Lenny is doing and the way he is going about it. But more importantly the players are starting to say good things about the set up.

Pjoe

Quote from: bannside on December 05, 2017, 10:42:43 AM
I was there PJoe.  Lenny presented really well and urged club delegates to get behind the county team and encourage players to make themselves available. He came across as very organised and articulate (no surprises there) and has a plan for how he hopes to deliver it.

It's important the whole county gets behind him now. Though I was a strong advocate for JMKs bid, I also see a lot to like about what Lenny is doing and the way he is going about it. But more importantly the players are starting to say good things about the set up.

Thanks BS. Hopefully we get clubs and players behind Lenny & team. And hopefully Lenny & team continue to build confidence inside and outside the squad. Not expecting to "build Rome in a day", however I hope we see some of this starting to transfer to on pitch performance and results too!

BrendanAntrim

See the fixtures for the McKenna Cup are out. We host Cavan in Glenavy and St Mary's at Woodlands after starting with a trip to Healy Park. Away to Tyrone....thats a daunting prospect to kick off a new managerial reign!