Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

I think we need to get a shrink on board.

Common symptoms amongst a high percentage of the sham men. Seems like some kind of post tramatic stress reaction which has came to the fore now they are All Ireland Club Champions (for the second time)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Buswhacker on April 04, 2012, 12:20:09 PM
DD. and his team mates did  not let anybody down on Sunday,quite the reverse.

I was at the game, DD was the only Loughgiel player that came out with any plaudits.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

How dare you MR2!

Take that back - and swear that not just DD but all Loughiel players are the greatest ever in the county and the finest upstanding people known to man.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2012, 01:02:16 PM
Quote from: Buswhacker on April 04, 2012, 12:20:09 PM
DD. and his team mates did  not let anybody down on Sunday,quite the reverse.

I was at the game, DD was the only Loughgiel player that came out with any plaudits.
In defence of the other 'Loughgiel 3' what chance did they have..sure no-one would pass them the ball.

Seamroga in exile

I don't think any of you will be threatening the comedy roadshow just yet.  :)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

manballandall

I thought DD was his usual brilliant, not sure I have seen him play a bad game and I thought Mc Closkey was decent when on the ball. Shane worked his socks off and took some good scores, mc fall was decent too when he came on. KS was lost in full forward although he wasnt on his own. Players werent playing to a system and were all at sea at times. Backline for me bar Graffin were poor enough.

manballandall

On another note, i notice the discussion regarding the div 2 teams this year but having spoke to a st galls player at teh weekend i think they will be playing catch up with glenariff and rossa. He tells me, (and i do believe him but maybe MR  can confirm ?), that they had their first hurling training on sat afternoon which was taken by the players themselves as they are still without a manager. He said that a few are training with their footballers but havent held a stick until saturday. What is the problem with securing a manager for st galls Milltown as teh player I spoke to was at a loss. Such waste of potential.

manballandall

I dont see anything with that article HD ?

Jeepers Creepers

I think with St Galls, external managers cannot be lured with the prospect of Unlimited parking and free soup! While within the club any possible candidate is/are a bit long in the tooth for the headaches involved.

NAG1

Shocking upsurge in new posters joining the board in the last few weeks  ;)

oisinog

I would like to hear from MR2 if Galls have a hurling manager yet.

They are leaving it late as the first round of games start next wednesday night

btdtgtt

Thats the usual line from Milltown! MR2 talks them down but I think St Galls will be just fine!
Rossa have had a poor pre-season, although they did beat a depleated Dunloy they failed to win a single game in the Ulster League.
Lamh Dearg I havent heard much from - dont think they played Ulster league while Randalstown & Carey seem to have been performing well in it.

Its a great league with many twists and turns but Glenarrife will be the ones not to get side-tracked and I fancy them to secure promotion with a few games to spare.

oisinog

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 04, 2012, 02:08:54 PM
Thats the usual line from Milltown! MR2 talks them down but I think St Galls will be just fine!
Rossa have had a poor pre-season, although they did beat a depleated Dunloy they failed to win a single game in the Ulster League.
Lamh Dearg I havent heard much from - dont think they played Ulster league while Randalstown & Carey seem to have been performing well in it.

Its a great league with many twists and turns but Glenarrife will be the ones not to get side-tracked and I fancy them to secure promotion with a few games to spare.

I think that division 2 will provided quite a lot of good games. We have lost a few players as all clubs do bit a lot of the teams are evenly matched. I'm looking forward to the league this year

btdtgtt

Quote from: NAG1 on April 04, 2012, 02:05:53 PM
Shocking upsurge in new posters joining the board in the last few weeks  ;)

Or posters using different names!
Still a "newbie" myself ofcourse!