The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: screenexile on January 25, 2019, 02:52:00 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 25, 2019, 02:41:16 PM
Stone's first political campaign was for Nixon (who he has a tattoo of on his back apparently). Nice if his political campaigning is bookended by two impeachments.

No apparently about it!! Saw it on the documentary doing the rounds on Netflix. . . good watching if you want to watch how a complete and utter ruthless/selfish/piece of shit operates. But y'know the working class christian conservatives love these people because they're just like them even though Stone is worth $10m and is fond of the old swinging scene!!

he won't be worth $10 when mueller is done with him and that's what mueller wants him to know u will be locked up for a long time for probably pretty minor crimes and broke if u fight it the end game here is trump however they get him is inconsequential.

J70

If only these poor, innocent, persecuted, Trump-circle crayturs had access to money and high-powered lawyers to fight their corner against the big, bad evil government...

Dolph1

Quote from: screenexile on January 25, 2019, 04:59:14 PM

Comey has been gone a year and a half with Republicans controlling both houses. . . Why didn't they just reopen it with someone else in charge??

Comey cost Clinton the election I can't imagine he'll be invited around for tea! It is possible he hated Trump and wasn't on Hillary's side they aren't mutually exclusive!!

They thought Clinton had it sewn up so getting her apology in before the election would clear her in the future. That has been the case, bar winning the election.

I will agree with you on the re-opening -  should have been after her on day 1.

Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

heganboy

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 25, 2019, 03:20:34 PM
Quote from: heganboy on January 25, 2019, 02:38:16 PM
Frankie Dettori was a brilliant jockey, won so many races, the best the best.

Would rule the UFC, Conor McGregors only experience was losing amateur boxing, Lourdes Celtic and maybe a bit of plumbing.

And almost all bar staff.

Oh and where are they leading your country?

El Chapo might be a better fit

What is the bumbling nonsense you wrote above about?

Lay off the crack son and go to rehab. All this democrat idolising is scrambling your brain.

ok Foxy, let me lay it out for you, as we are aware that inference and drawing conclusions are seemingly not your strong suit .

1. your assumption is that Trump's running of the company that he inherited from his parents in some way qualifies him to run the government and military of the the United states. the second assumption was that AOC's experience as among other things a waitress in some way precluded her from being qualified to represent her constituency in congress.

2. my point is that your assumption is flawed and is the equivalent of frankie dettori being a world class jockey (as opposed to trump not being a world class business leader who didn't pay his staff and faced numerous bankruptcies ) being in some way qualified to be a world champion in the UFC, and that Conor McGregor experience as an unsuccessful soccer player at Lourdes Celtic or amateur boxer in some way would preclude his success.

3. is a reface to Sid's comment about my bar staff reference- I said most- would be better qualified to be president of the US than the incumbent- he said all- I'll agree to go with almost all.

4. you said someone with experience leading the country- my question is where exactly are they leading the country?

5. el chapo's experience at leading his org may be the best possible preparation for leading the united states.

and again for the record- not a democrat, hardcore capitalist, and economic realist. its the economic realism or indeed any ties to reality that has me leaning heavily towards the democratic party in the united states at this point.

and also- if you have even bothered to read this far- can you take some time to think about the direction that you want the united states to go? foreigners out and lower taxes for the rich have zero track record in all of human history of improving the lot of those who live there who do not have a significant amount of accumulated wealth.  if you have kids do you think that the current political leadership (or those of the last 20 years) are building a country for their success either individually or collectively? do you think that a preservation of the status quo of low taxes for the wealthy, increased costs of healthcare and education, decreases of medical coverage for the poor and the elderly and the removal of a social safety net will set up the economic welfare of anything other than the super wealthy? You in retirement, your kids and your neighbors and family and friends are statistically likely to get shafted and not have a support system that enables your wellbeing, comfort and security.

When you have done that exercise, do you believe that leadership of either party is on the way to looking after the people of the country. Short version is that neither are doing a good job, but the idea of leaders looking after the welfare of the country by driving fear based on non existing immigration problems, gay marriage, abortion and gender issues as the foundation of the future is a complete and utter disgrace. Republicans are looking backwards at this point. The leadership of the democratic party is at least aiming for the future, however the fractious, scare mongering, hysterical approach we see from them in the press is a load of crap. They don't present a coherent approach that makes them electable.

Build new infrastructure and fix the breaking system- fix the tax code so that the load of rebuilding the country is fairly spread- make education and healthcare an easily affordable afterthought. Get out of the residents bedrooms, bodies and their living arrangements. Stop calling God and the Rapture. I don't know who can do that, but someone needs to. Whoever can do that and get the 99% to vote in their own interest now rather than pretending that you should vote based on how little tax you'd like to play when you become a billionaire will be a great leader of the US, no matter what party they represent.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

After all that, he caves again! ;D ;D

Was it worth it Donald? You're right back where you where before Xmas.

And that puts to bed any doubts there was about Pelosi as new Speaker. I shared them, but fair fucks to her; she played a blinder. And if he shuts it down again, leave the **** hanging in the wind again. This use of federal workers as hostages has to stop.

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on January 25, 2019, 04:59:14 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 25, 2019, 04:48:17 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 25, 2019, 04:06:50 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 25, 2019, 03:23:36 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 25, 2019, 02:39:22 PM
Yes, Hillary's emails again.... forget the guilty pleas, the ever-evolving lies, the corruption, the mafia-esque threats and praise, and Giuliani, Hillary will make all Trump's troubles go away! ;D

I only see one side being queried. How about you saying that Hillary should be thoroughly investigated in the pursuit of equal justice, just for a little transparency.

She has been thoroughly investigated numerous times and there's never been any wrongdoing found. The Republicans have been in charge for 2 years now and STILL weren't able to find anything wrong.

The net is closing in on Donny!!

So you are a dishonest man too Screen?

Investigated by Comey and his goons. Yes, certainly impartial and in full view of the public  ::)
Which side were they on?? oh right!!

Keep telling us nothing to see. It really should be "Lock her up".

Comey has been gone a year and a half with Republicans controlling both houses. . . Why didn't they just reopen it with someone else in charge??

Comey cost Clinton the election I can't imagine he'll be invited around for tea! It is possible he hated Trump and wasn't on Hillary's side they aren't mutually exclusive!!
[/quote

If Hillary had won, and it came out after the fact that the FBI knew about Wienars laptop and hadnt disclosed it I can't even imaging what would have happened

Comey had, in my opinion, no choice but to go public. He had promised under oath that he would update Congress if there were any material updates to the investigation and this was one.

Maybe if fvckin stupid Hillary and Huma hadn't thought they were against the law she might actually have won

Dolph1

Quote from: J70 on January 25, 2019, 07:33:32 PM

And that puts to bed any doubts there was about Pelosi as new Speaker. I shared them, but fair f**ks to her; she played a blinder. And if he shuts it down again, leave the **** hanging in the wind again. This use of federal workers as hostages has to stop.

Pelosi would let them die before negotiating. This will come back to bite for 2020.

whitey

And that puts to bed any doubts there was about Pelosi as new Speaker. I shared them, but fair f**ks to her; she played a blinder. And if he shuts it down again, leave the **** hanging in the wind again. This use of federal workers as hostages has to stop.

He may finally have done something that will cost him re-election

I think all the Republican business Travellers trying to get home on a Friday may have been the tipping point-lol

Dolph1

Quote from: heganboy on January 25, 2019, 07:16:55 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 25, 2019, 03:20:34 PM
Quote from: heganboy on January 25, 2019, 02:38:16 PM
Frankie Dettori was a brilliant jockey, won so many races, the best the best.

Would rule the UFC, Conor McGregors only experience was losing amateur boxing, Lourdes Celtic and maybe a bit of plumbing.

And almost all bar staff.

Oh and where are they leading your country?

El Chapo might be a better fit

What is the bumbling nonsense you wrote above about?

Lay off the crack son and go to rehab. All this democrat idolising is scrambling your brain.

ok Foxy, let me lay it out for you, as we are aware that inference and drawing conclusions are seemingly not your strong suit .

1. your assumption is that Trump's running of the company that he inherited from his parents in some way qualifies him to run the government and military of the the United states. the second assumption was that AOC's experience as among other things a waitress in some way precluded her from being qualified to represent her constituency in congress.

2. my point is that your assumption is flawed and is the equivalent of frankie dettori being a world class jockey (as opposed to trump not being a world class business leader who didn't pay his staff and faced numerous bankruptcies ) being in some way qualified to be a world champion in the UFC, and that Conor McGregor experience as an unsuccessful soccer player at Lourdes Celtic or amateur boxer in some way would preclude his success.

3. is a reface to Sid's comment about my bar staff reference- I said most- would be better qualified to be president of the US than the incumbent- he said all- I'll agree to go with almost all.

4. you said someone with experience leading the country- my question is where exactly are they leading the country?

5. el chapo's experience at leading his org may be the best possible preparation for leading the united states.

and again for the record- not a democrat, hardcore capitalist, and economic realist. its the economic realism or indeed any ties to reality that has me leaning heavily towards the democratic party in the united states at this point.

and also- if you have even bothered to read this far- can you take some time to think about the direction that you want the united states to go? foreigners out and lower taxes for the rich have zero track record in all of human history of improving the lot of those who live there who do not have a significant amount of accumulated wealth.  if you have kids do you think that the current political leadership (or those of the last 20 years) are building a country for their success either individually or collectively? do you think that a preservation of the status quo of low taxes for the wealthy, increased costs of healthcare and education, decreases of medical coverage for the poor and the elderly and the removal of a social safety net will set up the economic welfare of anything other than the super wealthy? You in retirement, your kids and your neighbors and family and friends are statistically likely to get shafted and not have a support system that enables your wellbeing, comfort and security.

When you have done that exercise, do you believe that leadership of either party is on the way to looking after the people of the country. Short version is that neither are doing a good job, but the idea of leaders looking after the welfare of the country by driving fear based on non existing immigration problems, gay marriage, abortion and gender issues as the foundation of the future is a complete and utter disgrace. Republicans are looking backwards at this point. The leadership of the democratic party is at least aiming for the future, however the fractious, scare mongering, hysterical approach we see from them in the press is a load of crap. They don't present a coherent approach that makes them electable.

Build new infrastructure and fix the breaking system- fix the tax code so that the load of rebuilding the country is fairly spread- make education and healthcare an easily affordable afterthought. Get out of the residents bedrooms, bodies and their living arrangements. Stop calling God and the Rapture. I don't know who can do that, but someone needs to. Whoever can do that and get the 99% to vote in their own interest now rather than pretending that you should vote based on how little tax you'd like to play when you become a billionaire will be a great leader of the US, no matter what party they represent.

Blah blah blah. Trump not fit for office. Blah blah blah.
Your lot have lost the plot. Not worth debating with you.

Dolph1

Quote from: whitey on January 25, 2019, 07:53:56 PM

I think all the Republican business Travellers trying to get home on a Friday may have been the tipping point-lol

Maybe not. People are seeing that the democrats don't actually give a f**k about them and are completely focused on supporting illegals first.

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 25, 2019, 07:58:33 PM

Maybe not. People are seeing that the democrats don't actually give a f**k about them and are completely focused on supporting illegals first.

Poor foxy. Your boy folded like a cheap suit!  ;D ;D

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 25, 2019, 07:49:28 PM

Pelosi would let them die before negotiating. This will come back to bite for 2020.

As a member one of the affected families, she kicked his arse.

He should never have shut it down in the first place. That was all his decision, when he once again changed course and folded because Limbaugh and Coulter got mad.

And now he is right back where he started and where she told him he needed to be to start negotiating.

J70

It's a long time (and a Mueller report  :P) until the election.

Plenty can happen either way.

But yeah, I would say the airports absolutely were the final nail in the coffin.

dec

Stone appeared outside after his court appearance

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/us/politics/roger-stone-statement.html

"[Crowd: Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up!]"

J70

Quote from: dec on January 25, 2019, 08:10:53 PM
Stone appeared outside after his court appearance

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/us/politics/roger-stone-statement.html

"[Crowd: Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up!]"

;D

I liked his raised arm salute to Nixon too.