Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BG_Gael

Quote from: BIGONE on September 05, 2019, 12:03:08 PM
double header Friday night and 3 double headers on Sunday?

Possibly yes, but would be nice to know what day you're gonna be playing at this stage. And you would assume Saturday would be a no go with the All Ireland replay?

Under Lights

Quote from: BG_Gael on September 05, 2019, 12:17:40 PM
Quote from: BIGONE on September 05, 2019, 12:03:08 PM
double header Friday night and 3 double headers on Sunday?

Possibly yes, but would be nice to know what day you're gonna be playing at this stage. And you would assume Saturday would be a no go with the All Ireland replay?

AI final not until 6, I would imagine there will be some games at 1 and 3 on Saturday. Sunday games will be afternoon with senior league at 1.30.

tyronerebel

Quote from: Under Lights on September 05, 2019, 11:24:25 AM
Looks like Junior and Intermediate Championship QF next weekend. Senior league games on the Sunday.

cant expect clubs playing championship this sunday to play again next week when the other teams have already a week extra rest. an extra week would make a huge difference.

BG_Gael

Quote from: tyronerebel on September 05, 2019, 01:01:34 PM
Looks like Junior and Intermediate Championship QF next weekend. Senior league games on the Sunday.

cant expect clubs playing championship this sunday to play again next week when the other teams have already a week extra rest. an extra week would make a huge difference.

Teams are going to have an extra week recovery which ever way you look at it, that's the problem with staggered weekends

tyronerebel

Quote from: BG_Gael on September 05, 2019, 01:14:41 PM

Teams are going to have an extra week recovery which ever way you look at it, that's the problem with staggered weekends

i mean 2 and 3 weeks is much closer in terms of recovery/training sessions than 1 and 2 thats why i said an extra week would make a huge difference

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: BG_Gael on September 05, 2019, 01:14:41 PM

If you look at the Intermediate Quarter Finals.
Urney V Owen Roes - same rest
Clogher/Greencastle V Gortin/Moortown - same rest
Galbally V Aghyaran/Augher - Galbally Extra Week
Pomeroy V Beragh/Loughmacrory - Pomeroy Extra Week.

Couldn't of been to hard to simply play Pomeroy Newton game this weekend and Augher Aghyaran last weekend and avoid that problem and all quarter final pairings would be in the same position.

DrumraghAbu

Big news coming out of Killyclogher camp - Sparky Bradley stuck in USA due to storms, Tee McCann injured (spotted in Portugal this week).

GetOverTheBar

Essendon out of the AFL this morning, McKenna back to help Eglish survival bid?

The_Slug

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 05, 2019, 02:59:15 PM

I can remember him playing in the first relegation game for them a few years back in D1, which they won. Then when they had to play the winners of the D2 play-offs, he was already away back and they lost.

It would be interesting to see if he does decide to play in a game or two, he's become a big player for Essendon in recent years though, so surely there would be something in his AFL contract now that would mean he can't participate in other sports? similar to the some of the soccer contracts. If he did play a game or two for Eglish, it's not like it wouldn't be plastered over social media or in the news in ireland

Ty4Sam

Quote from: The_Slug on September 05, 2019, 03:58:43 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 05, 2019, 02:59:15 PM

I can remember him playing in the first relegation game for them a few years back in D1, which they won. Then when they had to play the winners of the D2 play-offs, he was already away back and they lost.

It would be interesting to see if he does decide to play in a game or two, he's become a big player for Essendon in recent years though, so surely there would be something in his AFL contract now that would mean he can't participate in other sports? similar to the some of the soccer contracts. If he did play a game or two for Eglish, it's not like it wouldn't be plastered over social media or in the news in ireland

He actually played that match v Urney and to be honest was poor. He has actually been back since that match (last summer) and didn't line out for Eglish although they were going well in Division 2. I can't see him lining out, too big a risk for him I think.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 05, 2019, 02:19:55 PM
Quote from: DrumraghAbu on September 05, 2019, 02:15:37 PM
Big news coming out of Killyclogher camp - Sparky Bradley stuck in USA due to storms, Tee McCann injured (spotted in Portugal this week).

I wouldnt believe everything you hear fella, 'a storm' otherwise known as a hurricane. Sparky be home before saturday and likewise Tee McCann.
Keep your focus and sources on kildress

Hard to imagine any player coming home the week before the senior championship after a year away and be included in the squad let alone playing.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on September 05, 2019, 04:52:22 PM

I wouldnt believe everything you hear fella, 'a storm' otherwise known as a hurricane. Sparky be home before saturday and likewise Tee McCann.

Hard to imagine any player coming home the week before the senior championship after a year away and be included in the squad let alone playing.

Edendork done it last week I'm told.

Mikhailov

Are you referring to Bradley. Although he was away he played most league games until he went to USA and played football every weekend over there winning the North American finals. I would say he will be playing even if he is not as fit as usual - too good to leave out especially as Donaghmore have a real live chance of winning in this game.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Mikhailov on September 05, 2019, 05:54:16 PM

Are you referring to Bradley. Although he was away he played most league games until he went to USA and played football every weekend over there winning the North American finals. I would say he will be playing even if he is not as fit as usual - too good to leave out especially as Donaghmore have a real live chance of winning in this game.
Donaghmore a bad championship record in recent years. Be surprised if they get anywhere near Killyclogher. Nice start for them for another championship run

DrumraghAbu

Quote from: Mikhailov on September 05, 2019, 05:54:16 PM

According to sources Bradley isn't home till Saturday morning from USA so could be touch and go whether or not he'll make the game (or be ready for it) - Tee McCann is injured and will not be partaking in this weekends game.