Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 23, 2018, 11:21:52 AM
Anyway so Unai Emery is the new Arsenal Manager, only the 7th in my life time. Going by reports seems very technical and tactical, whereas I don't think Wenger was as bad tactically as some make out I think that Emery will bring an improvement in that regard. I expect he will supplement the squad with some players from Ligue 1 and La Liga particularly in the central defence and central midfield positions.

Anyway it's a new cartoon and I will look forward to the first games in August.

In terms of full time managers, I've only experienced:

Don Howe
George Graham
Bruce Rioch
Arsene Wenger
Unai Emery (about to)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Windmill abu

I am so old I can add Terry Neill and Bertie Lee to that list.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Syferus

Quote from: Windmill abu on May 24, 2018, 04:12:53 PM
I am so old I can add Terry Neill and Bertie Lee to that list.

At least he's not Jewish.

Windmill abu

Why are you objecting to an Arsenal Manager being Jewish. You anti Semitic p***k.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

mrdeeds

Tough start for new manager but could be ideal time to play City with a lot of their players at WC. Also the club seem to be very proactive in transfer market which is good to see and trying to get deals done quickly rather than haggle over every pound.

Syferus

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 14, 2018, 10:00:49 AM
Tough start for new manager but could be ideal time to play City with a lot of their players at WC. Also the club seem to be very proactive in transfer market which is good to see and trying to get deals done quickly rather than haggle over every pound.

Ehh.. you're seeing so many moves early this year because it's a WC year and teams want their transfers done and not severely delayed by waiting till after it's over. Also in many cases there's the real fear their transfer targets may play well in the WC and hence jack up the price the parent club demands for them.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on June 14, 2018, 03:09:05 PM

Ehh.. you're seeing so many moves early this year because it's a WC year and teams want their transfers done and not severely delayed by waiting till after it's over. Also in many cases there's the real fear their transfer targets may play well in the WC and hence jack up the price the parent club demands for them.

And the transfer window shuts on August 9th before the season starts this year.
That was never a square ball!!

mrdeeds

Quote from: Syferus on June 14, 2018, 03:09:05 PM

I meant the fact that Torreira has a 25 million release clause and Arsenal have paid 30.

gerrykeegan

Lads looking for some help. The young lad has decided he is a gooner, I have tried to beat it out of him but to no avail. We are heading to London in October, would the trip to the Emirates be good for A 9 year old? If there is a match on (looks like Leicester) would I get tickets easy enough?
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

mrdeeds

Quote from: gerrykeegan on July 10, 2018, 09:39:24 PM
Lads looking for some help. The young lad has decided he is a gooner, I have tried to beat it out of him but to no avail. We are heading to London in October, would the trip to the Emirates be good for A 9 year old? If there is a match on (looks like Leicester) would I get tickets easy enough?

People do be selling their match day tickets but can be tough enough. Depends how new manager gets on. Try the @DublinArsenal handle on twitter, they may be able to help. Emirates is a lovely stadium with a huge shop your son would love. Also do a stadium tour.

Boycey

Check DoneDeal>SportsTickets there's always Season tickets going there for individual games..  I checked very briefly there and there is an Arsenal one in 1st 3 or 4. Unfortunately ur game is gone.

Toutless will likely have some too

mrdeeds

Smith Rowe looks like a huge talent and Guendouzi seems like a good signing. The Arsenal players seem to have bulked up a lot, even Cech.

ONeill

Guendouzi looked really good early on but when Atletico realised he was weak in the tackle they fairly exposed him. Definitely not a defensive midfielder at the minute.

ONeill

Another decent passing performance from Guendouzi. Still weak in the tackle. Aubameyang and Lacazette look fresh and lively in both games. Pressing game by Arsenal...and when they attack he seems to want to flood their half at speed. Plenty of speed down both wings - Bellerin and Auba on one side at times, Nelson on the other.

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on July 28, 2018, 02:21:33 PM
Another decent passing performance from Guendouzi. Still weak in the tackle. Aubameyang and Lacazette look fresh and lively in both games. Pressing game by Arsenal...and when they attack he seems to want to flood their half at speed. Plenty of speed down both wings - Bellerin and Auba on one side at times, Nelson on the other.

Smith Rowe impact again.