Refixture: Tír Eoghain vs An Cabhán, Omagh, Sunday 12th March @14:00

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 12, 2017, 09:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Cavan team...

James Farrelly; Fergal Reilly, Padraig Faulkner, Killian Brady; Ciaran Brady, Martin Reilly, Rory Dunne; Killian Clarke, Tomas Corr; Dara McVeety, Niall Clerkin, Gerard Smith; Niall McDermott, Gearoid McKiernan, Sean Johnston.

I hope he's not crazy enough to put Clerkin on the 40. Galligan needed in goals and a ball winner at full firwRd but sure you can't read anything into these teams listed on a Friday.

tierworker blue

Quote from: Itchy on February 25, 2017, 01:22:26 PM
Cavan team...

James Farrelly; Fergal Reilly, Padraig Faulkner, Killian Brady; Ciaran Brady, Martin Reilly, Rory Dunne; Killian Clarke, Tomas Corr; Dara McVeety, Niall Clerkin, Gerard Smith; Niall McDermott, Gearoid McKiernan, Sean Johnston.

I hope he's not crazy enough to put Clerkin on the 40. Galligan needed in goals and a ball winner at full firwRd but sure you can't read anything into these teams listed on a Friday.

Yeah, for me, Galligan simply has to start if he is fit (which I am assuming he is, if he is on the panel). His kick outs and free taking put him a fair bit ahead imo. He was fit enough to be in the subs against M'han, and could've possibly swung that one in our favour if he was on the pitch.

I can't see Clerkin on the 40 either. I'm not sure if the Killian C. at m/f experiment is paying dividends. Class player, but I have my doubts about that position for him on what I've seen so far.

If we continue to carry the ball into the tackle on Sunday, as much as we have done in the last few matches, Tyrone will bottle us up and overturn it all day long...that'll play right into their hands. We really need to get away from doing that so much!

Fingers crossed we can keep it tight and be there or thereabouts at the business end of the game!

omagh_gael

A lot of rain has fallen overnight and and it gives a very wet morning/afternoon. Possible postponement if this continues, Healy Park doesn't inspire confidence in these scenarios.

mrdeeds

The hurling will hardly be played beforehand in the same venue?

StGallsGAA

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 26, 2017, 07:58:21 AM
A lot of rain has fallen overnight and and it gives a very wet morning/afternoon. Possible postponement if this continues, Healy Park doesn't inspire confidence in these scenarios.

No such problems in Garvaghey.  Get the stand up and move all games there.

Rois

Still going ahead in Omagh, though hurling match switched to Carrickmore

Il Bomber Destro

Omagh has a constant problem with flooding, is it not possible to organise some sort of shelter or covers on the playing surface when such inclement weather is forecast.

southtyronegael

game called off. the players may cough up and pay for a new pitch.

Il Bomber Destro

An absolute jokeshop.

Every year it's the same story with Omagh, the pitch cannot cope with rain at all.

Why on earth have the County Board not made contingencies for this, Fermanagh and Monaghan are down in Cork and Kerry respectively this week so they should have had the foresight to have these places ready in case there was a need to switch this.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

Once you start moving west, anywhere in this country, everything gets worse.
The weather, the roads, the people... the teeth.
Everything.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

bennydorano

ziggysego

Instead of spending money to build a new county ground, Tyrone GAA should spend it getting Healy Park playable!

Waiting confirmation flf the game being cancelled because the ref has the final say is a joke too. Davis Gough had to come from Co. Meath. Meaning only an hour's notice and Cavan supporters were already on the road to Omagh.

Has to change.
Testing Accessibility

mrdeeds

I was in the carpark. Why the ref only arrived at twenty past one is a mystery and pitch inspection at one.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.