Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 05, 2023, 10:30:27 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 05, 2023, 10:25:47 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 05, 2023, 10:00:39 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 05, 2023, 09:30:37 PM
Cucurella looks out of his depth at Chelsea. He had one season at Brighton and Chelsea paid 50m.

I think potter seems a bit out of his depth too.

Probably is. They had some good results in Europe but they have been very poor in the League. He brought on a few young players who gave mo,re then some of the egos like Aubameyang.

Chelsea with 9 players out injured and Potter has adopted a squad that needs overhauled. I'm not sure it's going to work out but he needs time.
He needs a clean slate and to be able to ship out big names and given full control like Ten Hag is getting at United. Potter a really good manager but whether he'll be able to handle big egos or even if he will be allowed to is another thing. That owner seems like a tool who will stick his nose in too much.

jcpen

Cucurella looks out of his depth at Chelsea. He had one season at Brighton and Chelsea paid 50m.

Probably is. They had some good results in Europe but they have been very poor in the League. He brought on a few young players who gave mo,re then some of the egos like Aubameyang.

Chelsea with 9 players out injured and Potter has adopted a squad that needs overhauled. I'm not sure it's going to work out but he needs time.
And one thing Chelsea are good at is giving managers time!
Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: jcpen on January 06, 2023, 08:29:16 AM

And one thing Chelsea are good at is giving managers time!

New owner might have more patience than Roman Abramovich had.

imtommygunn

More fa cup but that wood miss was a shocker. You won't see many worse.

Captain Obvious

Newcastle United 3rd in the Premier League knocked out of the FA Cup tonight by League one Sheffield Wednesday.

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 07, 2023, 07:55:56 PM
Newcastle United 3rd in the Premier League knocked out of the FA Cup tonight by League one Sheffield Wednesday.
Obviously they are focusing on 3rd

mrdeeds

Quote from: seafoid on January 07, 2023, 09:01:29 PM

Or league cup quarter final next week.

Armagh18

Never offside, Liverpool got away with one. Happy enough they've another game in an already busy season.

seafoid

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 07, 2023, 09:27:32 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 07, 2023, 09:01:29 PM

Or league cup quarter final next week.
They might make more money in the Champions League. The Howav the Toon factor would be higher.

manfromdelmonte

I'm gonna put the VAR shambles from yesterday in here

Liverpool goal clearly offside in the build up - not given
Wolves goal disallowed despite the VAR official not having a camera view to disallow goal and the referee clearly telling the linesman to raise his flag for offside during play

It's clearly corruption or undue influence of a number of clubs on decisions

thewobbler

It's not corruption. It's a natural continuation of what has always been the case with referees; when doubt exists, follow the path of least resistance.... which is to favour the home team, unless the away team is a much bigger club, then you favour them.

It's always been the case. VAR just magnifies how obvious it is.

From the Bunker

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 08, 2023, 02:07:25 PM

Wolves goal disallowed despite the VAR official not having a camera view to disallow goal and the referee clearly telling the linesman to raise his flag for offside during play

Interpretation is the big problem. Bigger clubs always get the tight decisions. Why? Because the decision is bigger for the bigger club and the referees feel this pressure subliminally.

laoislad

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 08, 2023, 02:07:25 PM

;D
Funny how it's only Liverpool that upsets you.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Leeds sneak a draw there, looked like offside leading up to the equaliser for Leeds.. no VAR ... must just help teams with L as their first letter
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

A great and simple quote from the late Gianluca Vialli on the BBC tribute bit.  "You never lose, you either win or learn"